• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Type of Person Would Agree to Have Sex With a Stranger?

That's interesting, because it might seem to imply that the women who enjoy sex with strangers are extremely prolific.

Why do I say the above? Because one-night-stands are a very real phenomenon, particularly in the bar scene and younger person party scene. Obviously it takes two to tango, right?

The OP study measured (polled?) the desire (willingness?) to have sex with a ‘stranger’ - not the actual success rate of fulfilling that expressed desire. That is an important distinction - since the desire to have sex requires only one (horny?) person.

The OP study measured (polled?) the desire (willingness?) to have sex with a ‘stranger’ - not the actual success rate of fulfilling that expressed desire. That is an important distinction - since the desire to have sex requires only one (horny?) person.

I have a feeling that sexual desire in males is domination/possession & that in females it is submission. If an attractive single woman hits on you, she wants to submit to being dominated & physically possessed by you.

Many females prefer being dominant so the roles get reversed.

I must be extremely lucky in that regard because of more than a couple of dozen flesh-on-flesh contacts I've had over the years. What are the odds? These were all strangers.

Nothing like a nice yummy case of oral cancer from HPV.

I have a feeling that sexual desire in males is domination/possession & that in females it is submission. If an attractive single woman hits on you, she wants to submit to being dominated & physically possessed by you.

Many females prefer being dominant so the roles get reversed.
Wow...I'm pretty sure that is NOT true at all. Esp. not for no-strings-attached casual sex.

And role playing goes both ways.

So is herpes and HIV
But the idea is to remain vigilant to avoid the bad stuff.
Cars are wonderful, but head on crashes are not, so you try to avoid them.

Wow...I'm pretty sure that is NOT true at all. Esp. not for no-strings-attached casual sex.

And role playing goes both ways.

No generality isworth a damn because there are always exceptions.

In my limited experience in this area, a man's sex drive usually casts him in the roll of the aggressor. And I consider a woman you pick up in a bar who has already decided to sleep with you before you even sit down to be submissive. But a woman who picked me up in a hotel bar was clearly a submissive when I got to know her & watched her reactions when we were in bed together. Her approach to me, asking for my room number, was aggressive but what she was looking for was to be submissive to me. We only had a weekend together & in hind sight I could have pushed to find out exactly how submissive she was.

No generality isworth a damn because there are always exceptions.

In my limited experience in this area, a man's sex drive usually casts him in the roll of the aggressor. And I consider a woman you pick up in a bar who has already decided to sleep with you before you even sit down to be submissive. But a woman who picked me up in a hotel bar was clearly a submissive when I got to know her & watched her reactions when we were in bed together. Her approach to me, asking for my room number, was aggressive but what she was looking for was to be submissive to me. We only had a weekend together & in hind sight I could have pushed to find out exactly how submissive she was.
Initator/aggressor does not mean dominator and submittor.

And the reason she was picking you up may have been to do exactly that role play...as a submissive. Good chance her regular relationship was very different. So here she was, picking up a stranger. 🤷

Initator/aggressor does not mean dominator and submittor.

And the reason she was picking you up may have been to do exactly that role play...as a submissive. Good chance her regular relationship was very different. So here she was, picking up a stranger. 🤷

She was a former B'way dancer & had been the mistress of a famous choreographer in NYC. I'm sure she had been well schooled in pleasing him.

I'm pretty good at reading people & I saw that she was conflicted in some way I couldn't read. But when your female partner looks away with her eyes closed when you orgasm just didn't feel right.

Just read this whole thread and not a single phone number :(

I still find it interesting the article claims (twice) that no women admit to wanting sex with a stranger, when we know from experience this is not true for at least some women.

Right I think more men are willing to cop to it, but women can be just as keen if they think nobody's watching. Also take it to countries where there's less cultural and religious prohibition against sex and the curve flattens considerably.

Atten. horny women.
There is no one stranger than me.

You might not. But many people would, especially men.

Choosing to have sex with a total stranger is not something everyone would do. It probably takes a certain type of person. Quite a bit of evidence suggests that, at least when it comes to eagerly having sex with strangers, it might also take being a man.

Let's look at the evidence.

Over the last few decades almost all research studies have found that men are much more eager for casual sex than women are (Oliver & Hyde, 1993; Petersen & Hyde, 2010). This is especially true when it comes to desires for short-term mating with many different sexual partners (Schmitt et al., 2003), and is even more true for wanting to have sex with complete and total strangers (Tappé et al., 2013).
==================================================================
I've had casual sex with strangers at least half a dozen times. I've picked up women in bars & in turn have been picked up by a former Broadway dancer. Some were not technically strangers as we had met either at a mixer or via the local singles exchange.

I don't see most men jumping into bed with a strange woman. But I was single & the world was my oyster. I'd love to do it all over again.
Define "stranger." If it's a bar hook up, I don't really consider that person a stranger after a few drinks and some pleasant conversation. So, count me in.

If it's a glory hole, I'll probably pass...well, unless I am really horny.

Define "stranger." If it's a bar hook up, I don't really consider that person a stranger after a few drinks and some pleasant conversation. So, count me in.

If it's a glory hole, I'll probably pass...well, unless I am really horny.

I'd define stranger as someone I had never met an hour or so before I was in bed with them.

I'd define stranger as someone I had never met an hour or so before I was in bed with them.
Within an hour is pretty good when not paying for it. Hats off if you can score that quickly.

Within an hour is pretty good when not paying for it. Hats off if you can score that quickly.

In a hotel bar a gorgeous woman walks up to my table & asked for my room number. It doesn't get any easier than that.

In a hotel bar a gorgeous woman walks up to my table & asked for my room number. It doesn't get any easier than that.

You forgot something:

Dear Penthouse Forum,

I've had casual sex with strangers at least half a dozen times. I've picked up women in bars & in turn have been picked up by a former Broadway dancer. Some were not technically strangers as we had met either at a mixer or via the local singles exchange.

I don't see most men jumping into bed with a strange woman. But I was single & the world was my oyster. I'd love to do it all over again.
LOL What a total crock of shit! :ROFLMAO: 🤭 :ROFLMAO:

Amazing how a degree in Microbiology will put a kabash on the whole random stranger sex thing. I've seen entirely too much of the outcome.
Don't need a degree to understand STD's or pregnancy ...

I was a keyboard player in a moderately successful rock/blues band in the Twin Cities as a young guy back in the Seventies.
That is essentially being an unsuccessful nobody garage band pretty much anywhere else...

Back
Top Bottom