• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What to look for in Jeb Bush's 250,000 emails

shrubnose

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Jeb Bush has now announced that he has formed a political action committee and is going to explore a run for the presidency. This is big news because Bush can command attention, particularly of those who are interested in writing checks to presidential candidates.That means at the very least, if you are one of the candidates still seriously thinking about running for president, you have to let those who you were courting know that they shouldn't fall in love with Bush just yet.Mitt Romney left the impression recently with one of his backers that I talked to that he would not consider another run if Bush entered the race.

Read the article here: What to look for in Jeb Bush's 250,000 emails - CBS News

I kind of doubt that I'll have time to read all of those emails, but I might skim over them.

I don't believe that America's voters are going to establish a Bush dynasty and I don't believe that Jeb Bush's name is going to put him in the White House

What do you guys think?

I'm skeptical about the emails being the biggest point of risk. I'd look first to people poking holes in some of his most important achievements as Governor (namely the state budget, his state education reform, and so on). A bit more tangible than the minutiae found in one email of potentially millions.

I'm skeptical about the emails being the biggest point of risk.
I'd look first to people poking holes in some of his most important achievements as Governor (namely the state budget, his state education reform, and so on). A bit more tangible than the minutiae found in one email of potentially millions.

I'm inclined to agree. I doubt that there's anything of much substance or really damaging to be found in those emails.

What to look for in Jeb Bush's 250,000 emails

netflix login?

debit card pin?

Early in, early out.

Exploring...not early in. Then again, I'm beginning to think this "too early" idea is moot in the internet + 24 hour news age. All the public has done since 2004 is speculate on candidates the day after the Presidential election. The day after '04 they were talking Clinton vs. McCain or Guiliani. That was the day after, and it was largely on the money. Sure Obama became the candidate, but not after that slobber knocker of a primary against Clinton. If you think about that being 4 years to the day before the next election and that early they largely painted the primary and general election well, this whole "early in and out" thing is becoming meaningless.

Last edited:
Found this on the Net.

Anonymous asked:

Can you tell me everything wrong with Jeb Bush?
no I cannot tell you everything wrong with Jeb Bush

I can however tell you ten things wrong with Jeb Bush

He is at best a moderate democrat
He supports common core
He said “So the idea that something I support that people are opposed to, it means that I have to stop supporting it if there’s not any reason based on fact to do that? I just — maybe it’s stubbornness, but I just don’t seem compelled to run for cover when I think this is the right thing to do for our country.” indicating that instead of being a voice for the people he believes his job is to do things we don’t want just because he thinks its okay.
He said "Immigrants create far more businesses than native-born Americans over the last 20 years" and that immigrants have more "intact families. Immigrants are more fertile, and they love families," which is creepy and also not something a president should say.
He has a history of being a part of fraudulence
Depending on how far back you want to go in 1994 Jeb Bush said women on welfare "should be able to get their life together and find a husband."
He is an elitist with little touch with the country as a whole
His association with Bloomberg and numerous shady business dealings
His name alone carries a negative connotation
And last but not least he has ABSOLUTELY ZERO chance of beating Hilary Clinton or Elizabeth Warren

Frankly, he did a good job as Governor of Florida but, pretty much all that is stated above is true. Is he better than Hillary? Oh hell yes!

Jeb Bush has now announced that he has formed a political action committee and is going to explore a run for the presidency. This is big news because Bush can command attention, particularly of those who are interested in writing checks to presidential candidates.That means at the very least, if you are one of the candidates still seriously thinking about running for president, you have to let those who you were courting know that they shouldn't fall in love with Bush just yet.Mitt Romney left the impression recently with one of his backers that I talked to that he would not consider another run if Bush entered the race.

I kind of doubt that I'll have time to read all of those emails, but I might skim over them.

I don't believe that America's voters are going to establish a Bush dynasty and I don't believe that Jeb Bush's name is going to put him in the White House

What do you guys think?

I wonder what you learned from Barrack Obama's emails before he announced?

I bet you are really dying to know something as simple as Obama's college grades?

Here we have the so-called left spending millions to sift through the emails of a private citizen to discover that sometimes Sarah Palin sometimes used he private account. And now thousands are poised for a deep probing of Jeb's past.

Odd. I would have thought the background and so forth of the SITTING president would be the priority, but the same people drooling over this are the one's who cried foul when anyone even asked.

Ironic or biased?

What do you guys think?

Quite simply, if Jeb Bush runs, he'll be the next President of the United States.

Quite simply, if Jeb Bush runs, he'll be the next President of the United States.

No, he'll lose with 47 to 48% of the vote and, once again, conservatives will despise the Republican Party. He is a left of center big government neocon.

I am highly amused at right wing hacks trying to dismiss Jeb by saying he's left leaning. There's nothing left about him. He's a right wing hack just like you. Just perhaps a different faction of right wing hack. Also he should be in prison, not running for office.

I can imagine few things that will get the left to vote in droves than preventing another Bush from screwing up this country.

No, he'll lose with 47 to 48% of the vote and, once again, conservatives will despise the Republican Party. He is a left of center big government neocon.

His a right wing authoritarian like his brother, his father, Obama, Clinton or for that matter Reagan. They are all in the upper right authoritarian square of the scale.

His a right wing authoritarian like his brother, his father, Obama, Clinton or for that matter Reagan. They are all in the upper right authoritarian square of the scale.

He's a BIG GOVERNMENT politician. And believes in an imperial executive officers - literally seeking the power of life and death over family members and courts in Florida - which the Court ruled was unconstitutional.

He favors federal control of local school boards. His view is government should control everything about a person's life. But claims he will make good decisions about and for you.

"In this magnificent land of opportunity, anyone can aspire to the presidency, provided only that an immediate relative had the job already." - David Frum

The only way that he'll ever be in the White House is as a guest.

Wait and see. November 2016 isn't that far off.

Oh, I'm a patient person and I'll wait and be around. I had hoped he'd run in 2012, but better late than never.

I'm not a bit interested in Jeb Bush candidacy. But I wonder how long it will take for the "MSM" to dredge up his daughter's problems.

I'm not a bit interested in Jeb Bush candidacy. But I wonder how long it will take for the "MSM" to dredge up his daughter's problems.

And his son. And his wife.

The real question, though, is why Jeb Bush? There are piles of ex Republican governors. Other than he's a Bush with a pile of money and insider contacts, what other reason is there?

He's BIG government. A neocon. An insider and elitist. Exactly oppose Republicans on immigration. Totally opposite Republicans on Common Core federal dictated public education agendas. Is so much a flip flopper historically that Romney looks like an unchangeable rock.

Jeb is exactly the kind of president every Muslim extremist hopes for. All they need to do is launch another significant attack and America will be back in another full-on, troops-on-the-ground, Middle Eastern clusterf*ck.

Jeb Bush is an advocate of Common Core. Does this sound conservative? Or someone who believes in Big government total control from the top - and new he wants to be at the very top as President:

Common Core eliminates local control over K-12 curriculum in math and English, instead imposing a one-size-fits-all, top-down curriculum that will also apply to private schools and homeschoolers.

Universal testing standards that all school districts must employ as a condition of a student advancing to the next grade.

Common Core amasses large amounts of personal information about students. Michelle Malkin cites research by Joy Pullmann of the Heartland Institute, who discovered a report by the Department of Education revealing that Common Core's data mining includes “using cameras to judge facial expressions, an electronic seat that judges posture, a pressure-sensitive computer mouse and a biometric wrap on kids’ wrists.”

Criticisms include requiring textbooks that are to indoctrinate children. For example, to 5th graders:

One of the examples that has sparked a recent outcry was a grammar exercise that used the sentence, “The commands of government must be obeyed by all.” Did the worksheet given to fifth-graders in Texas and elsewhere intend to indoctrinate them with the idea?

The exercise instructed students to change several sentences using possessive nouns: “The choices of the president affect everyone. He makes sure the laws of the country are fair. The commands of government officials must be obeyed by all. The wants of an individual are less important than the well-being of the nation.”

Others point out materials present issues such as global warming and gay rights as factual truisms that students are then tested on giving the correct answer.

The core of the complaints is that this is dictated out of Washington DC, not local school boards. Federal education money is tied to states agreeing to let Common Core set the agenda, materials and testing, punishing states who do not surrender such power to the nation agenda.

Doesn't sound very conservative or Republican, does it?

But that is Jeb Bush's view, openly.

Jeb Bush is an advocate of Common Core. Does this sound conservative? Or someone who believes in Big government total control from the top - and new he wants to be at the very top as President:

Common Core eliminates local control over K-12 curriculum in math and English, instead imposing a one-size-fits-all, top-down curriculum that will also apply to private schools and homeschoolers.

Universal testing standards that all school districts must employ as a condition of a student advancing to the next grade.

Common Core amasses large amounts of personal information about students. Michelle Malkin cites research by Joy Pullmann of the Heartland Institute, who discovered a report by the Department of Education revealing that Common Core's data mining includes “using cameras to judge facial expressions, an electronic seat that judges posture, a pressure-sensitive computer mouse and a biometric wrap on kids’ wrists.”

Criticisms include requiring textbooks that are to indoctrinate children. For example, to 5th graders:

One of the examples that has sparked a recent outcry was a grammar exercise that used the sentence, “The commands of government must be obeyed by all.” Did the worksheet given to fifth-graders in Texas and elsewhere intend to indoctrinate them with the idea?

The exercise instructed students to change several sentences using possessive nouns: “The choices of the president affect everyone. He makes sure the laws of the country are fair. The commands of government officials must be obeyed by all. The wants of an individual are less important than the well-being of the nation.”

Others point out materials present issues such as global warming and gay rights as factual truisms that students are then tested on giving the correct answer.

The core of the complaints is that this is dictated out of Washington DC, not local school boards. Federal education money is tied to states agreeing to let Common Core set the agenda, materials and testing, punishing states who do not surrender such power to the nation agenda.

Doesn't sound very conservative or Republican, does it?

But that is Jeb Bush's view, openly.

Dear lord man. At least read the standards before regurgitating this nonsense.

Considering the vitriol expressed by many here to a Jeb Bush candidacy, I'd say he's got the nomination in the bag.

Considering the vitriol expressed by many here to a Jeb Bush candidacy, I'd say he's got the nomination in the bag.

You probably want to wait for the Clown Car to fill up before predicting anything.

Michele Bachmann will be looking for a job.

Nah it's quite iffy. The "not another Bush" wimp talk is as readily available as the more understandable critique of his commitment to "enough" small government conservatism.

I'm more of a big government conservative so I love hearing the small government types have hissy fits when they have to deal with reality.

Back
Top Bottom