• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What the Derek Chauvin trial is focused on

The main point I was trying to make was Trump's inability to accept the possibility that he might in any context, just possibly MIGHT be wrong

You seem obsessed with Trump. Trump derangement syndrome perhaps?

I am not a fan of his either, but the question that needs to be asked is why so many people support him. It's obviously because many millions of Americans agree with his contempt for the overly politically correct Democrats and the direction they want to take America.

Obama, pleasant man that he is, did little for America during his term in office.

The USA is lacking effective leadership. Biden and the dreadful Harris appear to be even less suited to lead than Trump although they thankfully are not as egotistical and big headed as Big Donald.

but you will never be able to make believable that the president or the protesters lead to his conviction as none of them were on the witness stand.

You seem totally ignorant as to what constitutes a fair trial.

I suggest you read and try to understand the following article :

"People were threatening to riot if Chauvin was not convicted. The jury was fully aware if they did not convict Chauvin, there would be an uproar, and their names could be leaked, threatening their safety. The jury only had one option: to declare Chauvin guilty. Therefore, Chauvin did not receive a fair trial on the two counts."

"This case reached national recognition. President Biden and Maxine Waters felt it was appropriate to comment on this case before a verdict was reached, yet somehow, we believe this wouldn’t sway the jury’s opinion."

You seem totally ignorant as to what constitutes a fair trial.

I suggest you read and try to understand the following article :

"People were threatening to riot if Chauvin was not convicted. The jury was fully aware if they did not convict Chauvin, there would be an uproar, and their names could be leaked, threatening their safety. The jury only had one option: to declare Chauvin guilty. Therefore, Chauvin did not receive a fair trial on the two counts."

"This case reached national recognition. President Biden and Maxine Waters felt it was appropriate to comment on this case before a verdict was reached, yet somehow, we believe this wouldn’t sway the jury’s opinion."

And the complaining continues. It is up to a court of law if the trial was fair, without that it was a fair trial and he was duly convicted for the crime he committed.

You seem obsessed with Trump. Trump derangement syndrome perhaps?
++ You are right, sort of. I find Trump to be a cross between Mussolini and Foghorn Leghorn. A guy with fascist tendencies who is comically unaware of how he comes off.

I am not a fan of his either, but the question that needs to be asked is why so many people support him. It's obviously because many millions of Americans agree with his contempt for the overly politically correct Democrats and the direction they want to take America.
++ I agree with your analysis of part of his appeal. He also benefitted from the Hillary Hatred Factor, brought on by decades of disparagement of her. But please, his calling illegals rapists, all immigrants poisonous snakes, and lying about black crime -- offering no proof or false info on any of this -- goes beyond politically incorrect speech.
Obama, pleasant man that he is, did little for America during his term in office.
++ My wife and son benefit from the ACA. Obama spoke with unifying messages; Trump deliberately seeks to sow fear and division ("Middle Easterners in the caravan;" "enemies of the people," a phrase lifted from Stalin's time).
The USA is lacking effective leadership. Biden and the dreadful Harris appear to be even less suited to lead than Trump although they thankfully are not as egotistical and big headed as Big Donald.
++ I am happy that our new president won't be insulting allies, suggesting war crimes, or praising the actions of dictators. Biden's first 100 days are being compared to FDR's. Though you may not like what he is doing, ineffective he is not. And what's so dreadful about Harris?

But please, his calling illegals rapists, all immigrants poisonous snakes

You've been watching too much CNN. Where has Trump ever called "all immigrants" poisonous snakes?

That is complete nonsense. His own mother was an immigrant.

You've been watching too much CNN. Where has Trump ever called "all immigrants" poisonous snakes?

That is complete nonsense. His own mother was an immigrant.
"This is called 'The Snake' and think of it in terms of immigration." -- Donald Trump. To be fair, of the several times he said it, he once made reference to immigrants who commit crimes. But it it's fairly clear he was talking about legal immigrants and refugees. Of course, his policies up and down the line on every aspect of immigration reflected this. It's hard to build a case that Trump wasn't anti-immigrant. Like other authoritarians, he needs an enemy and found it in immigrants.

It's hard to build a case that Trump wasn't anti-immigrant.

Trump is certainly against illegal immigrants.

You have linked to no evidence that he was against all immigrants.

America is composed mainly of the descendants of immigrants.

Trump shoots off at the mouth regularly....no doubt about that. He is not a career politician and lacks the political correctness of most long-term politicians.....and the left-wing media have certainly had an easy task interpreting much of what he has said as racist.

Trump is certainly against illegal immigrants.

You have linked to no evidence that he was against all immigrants.

America is composed mainly of the descendants of immigrants.

Trump shoots off at the mouth regularly....no doubt about that. He is not a career politician and lacks the political correctness of most long-term politicians.....and the left-wing media have certainly had an easy task interpreting much of what he has said as racist.
I gave you four links. He said that the poem was about immigration, not illegals. Name a policy on immigration and Trump restricted it, lied about it, or suggested breaking the law regarding it. He proposed accepting the fewest refugees by far in the history of the program. He lied about refugee processing, saying there was no vetting, when refugees go through checks that can take a year or more, more than almost all immigrants. He proposed banning all Muslims. He wanted to immediately turn back asylum seekers in clear violation of the law. He didn't want people from shithole countries, echoing people in the past who didn't want Jews, Italians and Irish because they weren't as "white" as real Americans, who came from the so-called shitholes of that era. He said he preferred Norwegians. Can't get any whiter.

It is not political correctness that keeps one from insulting Mexicans, Central American migrants, Muslims, blacks, women's looks, etc., from saying certain people "infest" us. It's simple human decency. What Trump lacks. He uses the language of fascism. Put the word "Jews" in place of the names of groups Trump insults and maybe you'll get the picture.

I gave you four links.

Yes. None of them verified that Trump made a racist statement.

They were all reports that twisted what he said.

He proposed accepting the fewest refugees by far in the history of the program.

A great idea as America has enough poor people of its own that deserve help before foreigners.

He proposed banning all Muslims.

Yet again, you make an incorrect statement.

Trump suggested people from only certain Muslim nations be banned. Muslims terrorists had committed numerous acts of terror in the UK, including the WTC.

The primary goal of any President should be to keep citizens safe.

I am sure you actually believe the fake news you write here as you have probably heard this nonsense on channels like CNN. These channels rely on gullible people believing their fake news.

Yes. None of them verified that Trump made a racist statement.
++ Look again. Or rather, Google “Trump racist statements”

A great idea as America has enough poor people of its own that deserve help before foreigners.
++ Yet for decades we found it ok to admit 50-100k refugees, a fraction of immigrants admitted.

Yet again, you make an incorrect statement.

Trump suggested people from only certain Muslim nations be banned. Muslims terrorists had committed numerous acts of terror in the UK, including the WTC.
“I, Donald Trump, call for a complete shutdown of Muslims...” That is the quote from my memory. Obviously, his advisors convinced him that was a non-starter. But his comments were not much different that the anti-Catholic or Jewish ones of generations past. He is heir of a disgraceful US tradition that pops up every 40-50 years. Own it.
The primary goal of any President should be to keep citizens safe.

++ Huh?

I am sure you actually believe the fake news you write here as you have probably heard this nonsense on channels like CNN. These channels rely on gullible people believing their fake news.
++ As does Trump. As to fake news, there is no need for any network to fake or exaggerate anything about Trump. Just report what he says, and he looks like the bigoted jerk that he is. No spin necessary.

That is the quote from my memory.

Maybe you should get some help with it.

Trump only suggested a ban against some Muslin nations.

It made complete sense as there was little ability on the part of the USA to vet those coming in from these nations.

Maybe you should get some help with it.

Trump only suggested a ban against some Muslin nations.

It made complete sense as there was little ability on the part of the USA to vet those coming in from these nations.
Not true. Just checked. The quote, December 2015, as indicated below was for a "total and complete shutdown." When asked if that included all Muslims, his press guy responded with one word: "everyone." That did not become policy, as it resembled what your comment reflects, but it is what he said.

npr.org/2015/12/07/458836388/trump-calls-for-total-and-complete-shutdown-of-muslims-entering-u-s

Exactly. Trump did not ban all muslims.

"President Donald Trump decided to bar virtually all entry to citizens from a handful of Muslim-majority countries"

Why post fake news?

Skimmed the article. Seemed realistic to me. Trump started out with a call for a total ban. I have to think that he was told by advisors it wouldn't fly. So he let his bigotry be exercised in a partial ban. Along the way, he managed to lie about refugee vetting. More recently, he proposed allowing the fewest number of refugees, from all country, in the history of the program.

I have to think

Your imaginations are irrelevant.

There was no total ban as you claimed.

Your claim was yet more fake news.

Your imaginations are irrelevant.

There was no total ban as you claimed.

Your claim was yet more fake news.
I never claimed there was a total ban. I claimed and quoted Trump as calling for a complete shutdown of Muslims coming to the US. That was not fake:

If you can't believe Fox...

I never claimed there was a total ban.

So why imply there was, when there wasn't?

Stick to the real story.

The truth.

There was no total ban.

So why imply there was, when there wasn't?

Stick to the real story.

The truth.

There was no total ban.
Did you not read my message. Idiot Trump called for a total ban. That it didn't happen doesn't mean he didn't call for it.

That it didn't happen doesn't mean he didn't call for it.
Lol!

It didn't happen.

Get over it.

Concentrate on what has happened.

Lol!

It didn't happen.

Get over it.

Concentrate on what has happened.
Why? Trump was a dick to propose it. Like he was a jerk to tell US representatives born in the US to go back where they came from. Why do you support such an obvious fraud?

Why do you support such an obvious fraud?

I don't support Trump.

You appear to support his opponent whose son received large sums from foreign governments and whose VP believed those who said Biden had sexually assaulted them.

I don't support Trump.

You appear to support his opponent whose son received large sums from foreign governments and whose VP believed those who said Biden had sexually assaulted them.
So Biden's son has problems. Trump's son shoots animals for fun, not meat. And we can agree that both Biden and Trump behaved badly around some women. But sexual assault by Biden? Is he being sued by a rape victim? Has he paid hush money? Trump bragged about assaulting women. Has Biden?

Back
Top Bottom