• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What should we expect from the Durham report?

Jay59

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
There is a longstanding rule that politically sensitive judicial announcements should not be made just before an election they might impact. On occasion, see Comey, James, this rule has bee disregarded. However, the Durham investigation has gone over 15 months already and COVID has increased the difficulty and time required. To not report at least some of the results invites the prospect of having them buried by a new administration. Since the definition of just before is not given, 60 days is the usual rule. The November election is in just under 90 days. More than one analyst believes Durham will try to bring out his findings before that number reaches 60.
https://www.realclearinvestigations...pping_bombshells_before_labor_day_124753.html

There are clearly a large number of cases for mishandling secure information, often by leaking it to the media. For example, the Mueller team liked to use NYT. Cases related to Crossfire Hurricane could potentially involve former cabinet members, but most likely just FBI and DoJ, perhaps some NSA or CIA. Flynngate could involve Joe Biden, so it is likely that block will be deferred until after the election. There is plenty on the plate until then.

There is a longstanding rule that politically sensitive judicial announcements should not be made just before an election they might impact. On occasion, see Comey, James, this rule has bee disregarded. However, the Durham investigation has gone over 15 months already and COVID has increased the difficulty and time required. To not report at least some of the results invites the prospect of having them buried by a new administration. Since the definition of just before is not given, 60 days is the usual rule. The November election is in just under 90 days. More than one analyst believes Durham will try to bring out his findings before that number reaches 60.
https://www.realclearinvestigations...pping_bombshells_before_labor_day_124753.html

There are clearly a large number of cases for mishandling secure information, often by leaking it to the media. For example, the Mueller team liked to use NYT. Cases related to Crossfire Hurricane could potentially involve former cabinet members, but most likely just FBI and DoJ, perhaps some NSA or CIA. Flynngate could involve Joe Biden, so it is likely that block will be deferred until after the election. There is plenty on the plate until then.

In my opinion, any "bombshells" Durham might drop if/when he indicts people won't directly affect any of the current Presidential candidates, so he should go for it. He's not going to indict Biden or Trump. The Comey bombshell was different in that it directly involved one of the candidates.

I don't want to see justice delayed or dropped entirely just because some people might think it'll affect one Party or the other.

Furthermore, any Durham bombshell won't be directed at the current administration nor the upcoming administration. It'll be directed at the preceding Obama administration.

There is nothing there

But republicans will drop it right before the election and put out all kinds of.propaganda about what is in it.

Just like trump did with Hillary's emails

I lack confidence we'll see anything of significance. I have very low expectations

We should expect Barr to make it sound as damning as possible of everyone who investigated Trump and as exhonorating as possible of Trump. It will be based on the usual exaggerations, minimizations, and omissions, stated against a cloud of implied nefarious intent. Trumpists will be invited to connect the dots that the report fails to connect itself based on an assumption that there was this nefarious intent.

We should expect piles of reports in the news media about how the report really does not all say that much, that we already knew this, and that there's no indication anything found - like Stroyzk's texts - actually impacted the investigation.

We should expect a spastic explosion of statements about how Trump was totally exonerated and Democrats are just the wurst in propaganda media.

We should expect Barr to make it sound as damning as possible of everyone who investigated Trump and as exhonorating as possible of Trump. It will be based on the usual exaggerations, minimizations, and omissions, stated against a cloud of implied nefarious intent. Trumpists will be invited to connect the dots that the report fails to connect itself based on an assumption that there was this nefarious intent.

We should expect piles of reports in the news media about how the report really does not all say that much, that we already knew this, and that there's no indication anything found - like Stroyzk's texts - actually impacted the investigation.

We should expect a spastic explosion of statements about how Trump was totally exonerated and Democrats are just the wurst in propaganda media.

Call me when someones indicted. Until then, it's all republican bluster blown out of proportion by Barr.

Call me when someones indicted. Until then, it's all republican bluster blown out of proportion by Barr.

I'd say I don't have your number but I don't think I need it.

We knew all we needed to before he was elected, and if that wasn't true we'd know it when Mr. Lock Her Up's own AG did not so much as try (or tried and failed) to get a grand jury to indict Hillary Clinton.

There is nothing there

But republicans will drop it right before the election and put out all kinds of.propaganda about what is in it.

yup..

There is nothing there but republicans will drop it right before the election and put out all kinds of.propaganda about what is in it.
They are trying to avoid that by bringing it out before Labor Day.

Hillary's emails actually were a large number of felonies. You just said there was nothing there.
18 U.S. Code Chapter 37 - ESPIONAGE AND CENSORSHIP | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

It looks like it will be within two or three weeks.

Barr and particularly Durham have been very low key about this. It dwarfs anything in recent memory, or even not so recent, eg Watergate.

Last edited:
Nothing will come from it. Trump and his thugs in right wing media will make a big deal about the "findings", but all will be completely forgotten after the election, because that's all this is all about. This is just another bogus GOP tax payer funded investigation to appease idiots and muddy the waters.

Hillary's emails actually were a large number of felonies. You just said there was nothing there.
18 U.S. Code Chapter 37 - ESPIONAGE AND CENSORSHIP | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute
Barr and particularly Durham have been very low key about this. It dwarfs anything in recent memory, or even not so recent, eg Watergate.

What if there're no indictments by October?

Will you begin to wonder if you've been sold a bill of goods?

What if there're no indictments ever?

Will you wonder if Obamagate is only hype?

In my opinion, any "bombshells" Durham might drop if/when he indicts people won't directly affect any of the current Presidential candidates, so he should go for it. He's not going to indict Biden or Trump. The Comey bombshell was different in that it directly involved one of the candidates.

I don't want to see justice delayed or dropped entirely just because some people might think it'll affect one Party or the other.

Furthermore, any Durham bombshell won't be directed at the current administration nor the upcoming administration. It'll be directed at the preceding Obama administration.

Yates' testimony implicated Comey but I got the distinct impression, based on the way she went about things, that it had been decided that he would be the fall guy. There is, I suspect, a LOT more to this whole thing and when the last thread is unraveled I suspect that we'll find McCain, Clinton and Bush at the center of a conspiracy involving both domestic and international interests. My guess is that a whole lot of people were involved in some rather shady "opposition research" that they then decided had to be covered up once Trump got the nomination. The most likely scenario is that a deep dive for dirt on Trump, who was presumed to have no chance of winning, got "overly enthusiastic" and when he got the nomination there needed to be a cover story, just in case he won. Once he won things went into panic mode and all the things that had been "indiscretions" under normal circumstances became huge issues for those involved.

That's a real possibility, as already noted. If there are none this year, that would be different.

Why would anyone think that?

Hillary admitted to hundreds of felonies. Joe Biden bragged about a Quid pro quo. The swamp protects its own.

Why would anyone think that? There is way to much in the public record.

"What should we expect from the Durham report?"

Expect lies, manipulation, con, malicious accusations and misinformation'.

Nothing else can ever be expected from Trump's safety net team. His bosom buddy Barr will do his best to twist any truth to fit the conspiracy-against-Trump story that they want everyone to believe. Truth and facts are always the obstacle but he will edit those so that only what he wants to come out comes out. All of this to happen at the exact proper time to get the most impact. Manipulation and corruption at their height with Trump supports lapping it up without checking its validity.

I expect a lot of damning accusations timed perfectly to BOLSTER tRump and HURT Biden in November; then nothing will ever come of them.

Barr is on a mission to destroy our Constitutional Government and install an Imperial President answerable to no one but his plutocrat handlers. Who that is doesn't matter as long as, in the end, the plutocrats have their puppet president and controll the USA. IF they fail with tRump, it's all good; look how much they've learned about what they can get away with. They will not stop in their quest to take complete controll.

Last edited:
I expect a lot of damning accusations timed perfectly to BOLSTER tRump and HURT Biden in November; then nothing will ever come of them. Barr is on a mission to destroy our Constitutional Government and install an Imperial President answerable to no one but his plutocrat handlers. Who that is doesn't matter as long as, in the end, the plutocrats have their puppet president and controll the USA.
"What should we expect from the Durham report?" Expect lies, manipulation, con, malicious accusations and misinformation'.
What would we expect from the anti-Trump cult? Projection of their own habits.

Nothing else can ever be expected from Trump's safety net team. His bosom buddy Barr will do his best to twist any truth to fit the conspiracy-against-Trump story that they want everyone to believe. Truth and facts are always the obstacle but he will edit those so that only what he wants to come out comes out. All of this to happen at the exact proper time to get the most impact. Manipulation and corruption at their height with Trump supports lapping it up without checking its validity.
To the contrary, much is expected from the Trump administration. Specifically, they are expected to do their job and do it properly.

They will say "deep state operatives" thwarted "law and order" Trump.

HassleInTheCastle-f.jpg

And it will be about this believable, yet they will KNOW it to be true, Trump said!

They will say "deep state operatives" thwarted "law and order" Trump. And it will be about this believable, yet they will KNOW it to be true, Trump said!

HassleInTheCastle-f.jpg
Nice. Durham as Fred. Is that Clapper as the villain?

Barr will present the report as if there is something there. In several hours, people will look at the report for themselves and see that there's nothing there. In a couple days everybody will move on to the next thing, and trump supporters will repeat that there was something tangible in the report forever. If Jay59 can claim that Clinton admitted to "hundreds of felonies," then they'll repeat any nonsense they want.

Here's what I expect from the Durham Investiation.

tenor.gif

They are trying to avoid that by bringing it out before Labor Day.

Why didn't Trump's AG charge Hillary with some felonies, then? It's been almost four years.

Actually, it's been like a quarter century that republicans have been "investigating" Hillary without a single charge ever being filed.

The Durham investigation will go nowhere as well.

Yates' testimony implicated Comey but I got the distinct impression, based on the way she went about things, that it had been decided that he would be the fall guy. There is, I suspect, a LOT more to this whole thing and when the last thread is unraveled I suspect that we'll find McCain, Clinton and Bush at the center of a conspiracy involving both domestic and international interests. My guess is that a whole lot of people were involved in some rather shady "opposition research" that they then decided had to be covered up once Trump got the nomination. The most likely scenario is that a deep dive for dirt on Trump, who was presumed to have no chance of winning, got "overly enthusiastic" and when he got the nomination there needed to be a cover story, just in case he won. Once he won things went into panic mode and all the things that had been "indiscretions" under normal circumstances became huge issues for those involved.

Boy, that's a whole lot of speculation. Good luck with that.

To the contrary, much is expected from the Trump administration. Specifically, they are expected to do their job and do it properly.

Please, don't make me laugh. That will never happen. Incompetence never gets lucky.

What would we expect from the anti-Trump cult? Projection of their own habits.

Projection? Barr has been covering tRumps, ample, ass since he took over; DOJ now stands for Department Of Just-tRump.

You would hope OUR Attourny General would do his job and represent US and not Just-tRump, but he hasn't yet. Barr and tRump have, as they've proven, NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to gain by cheating. And cheat they will, every day and every way that can be imagined.

The Durham investigation is a rehash of Michael Horowits's, the IG for the DOJ, investigation into the origins of the Trump/Russia probe in which he concluded that it was properly opened - "it was properly predicated" . Barr appointed Durham to engineer an October surprise that will be a knockout blow to Biden but never go any further legally.

Back
Top Bottom