• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What should we do to convicted child molesters/rapist?

What should we do to convicted child molesters/rapist?

• Castration plus mandatory 25 year sentence and then death for a second offense.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Castration plus mandatory 25 year sentence and then life for a second offense.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Just a mandatory 25 year sentence for the first offense and death the second offense.

• Just a mandatory 25 year sentence for the first offense and life in prison the second offense.

• Death penalty plus castration.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Life in prison plus castration.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just the death penalty.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Just life in prison

• These people are sick they should be cured while they are incarcerated and then released.

• other

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Its nice to see some of my left wing friends here in DP get it right when it comes to this issue........;)

Sentencing should be left up the judge. Rape can be as minor as "drunken sex" or quite forcible and violent. Child molestation is more clear cut, but still has some variety. Remember that the definition of child is pre-pubescent, and this is a crime that adults are tried for not teenagers. However, I have no problem with 25 to life sentencing. However, if they are let out, forger this "sex offender" nonsense. Either they are dangerous and they should stay in prison or they are not and shouldn't continue to be punished.

Finally someone got it right. That is the problem with inflexible penalties like many here are promoting.

"Molesting a child" in many states would include a 15 y.o. boy petting with his 15 y.o. girlfriend.

And all you folks who propose casteration and 25 years minimum and death etc -- hope it is not your 15 y.o. son who gets caught with his girlfriend in the car in the park.

Last edited:
It may be the "politically correct" thing to say castrate child molestors. I don't know of anyone who likes child molestors. However, in a civilized society, we have to be able to balance our desires for retribution against punishments sanctioned by our laws.

People who perpetuate the myth that prisons are like Country Clubs are either just ignorant and purposefully misleading others in an attempt to "prove" their point.

People who commit offenses like "child molestation" or other crimes have a punishment to pay. That punishment is that they are taken away from society and placed in a facility where they are not allowed the same freedoms that those of us who comply with the laws do.

Prisons are not intended to be luxury spas....but they are also not designed to be "hell holes". The punishment is not to make someone suffer in agony for the rest of their existence. The punishment is to removed them from the freedoms and other things that we enjoy.

A wiseman once said that a nation is judge not by how they treat their royalty but how they treat their prisoners (or something along those lines).

A civilized society has laws that must be obeyed and punishment to fit the crime. There is no room for vengence in a civilized society.

I agree that castration is something we shouldn't bother doing.

In rape and molestation, death should not be an option either and even if they request it they shouldn't be able to get it. Justic must prevail and justice is not giving someone what they want, its giving someone what they deserve, which is life in prison.

Everytime I read "let the judge decide" I cringe. There are too many judges who believe in rehabilitation.

Rehabilitation of child molestors and rapists is one of the biggest lies out there. It is impossible to rid somebody of their sex drive, and if they are desperate enough to attack children there is no way back, and there should be no second chances.

LIFE IN PRISON-NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!

I agree that castration is something we shouldn't bother doing.

In rape and molestation, death should not be an option either and even if they request it they shouldn't be able to get it. Justic must prevail and justice is not giving someone what they want, its giving someone what they deserve, which is life in prison.

Everytime I read "let the judge decide" I cringe. There are too many judges who believe in rehabilitation.

Rehabilitation of child molestors and rapists is one of the biggest lies out there. It is impossible to rid somebody of their sex drive, and if they are desperate enough to attack children there is no way back, and there should be no second chances.

LIFE IN PRISON-NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!

That would put a damper on 15 year old's make-out sessions, to know if you got caught you'd spend life in prison - -NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!

Personally, I think that life in prision is a little harsh for a 15 y.o. kid feeling up his 15 y.o. girlfriend -- but that's why I'm a liberal.

That would put a damper on 15 year old's make-out sessions, to know if you got caught you'd spend life in prison - -NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!

Personally, I think that life in prision is a little harsh for a 15 y.o. kid feeling up his 15 y.o. girlfriend -- but that's why I'm a liberal.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is talking about that.I am not even sure with two 15 year olds iit would even be a crime.....Way to muddy the water though.:roll:

Personally, I think that life in prision is a little harsh for a 15 y.o. kid feeling up his 15 y.o. girlfriend -- but that's why I'm a liberal.

I don't think anyone is talking about that.I am not even sure with two 15 year olds iit would even be a crime.....Way to muddy the water though.:roll:

Yeah, that is the problem isn't it? Real life is not as black and white as your little fantasy world would have it. Real life is muddy.

In the last thread we had on this subject, we found that under Florida law anyone who fondles a "child" -- that is, a person under the age of 16 -- is committing molestation of a child, and it doesn't matter how old the perpetrator is.

It sounds great to talk tough -- Life imprisonment! -- Castration! -- NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!! and the politicians that pander to these base emotions indulge it. But then the muddy part of real life comes up, and when it is your 15 year old son or grandson who is going to be castrated or get life imprisonment, that is the first time you-all think wait a minute, that's not right.

Kids get arrested for this in California as well.

Only a year ago I had a case of a 15 year old charged with molesting a child under 14. It was consensual sex. Neither family wanted to prosecute. The girl got pregnant, went to the Doctor, the Doctor reported it to authorities, the police interviewed her, her family, the boy, the boy's family and then filed charges on him.

Thanks to Jessica's law and all the other "politically correct" get tough on sex offenders, this kids will now be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

That's the laws you get people....when you vote based on a 30 second propoganda ad rather than educating yourself with what the law actually does.

I have always agreed with our legal principle that it is better that 10 guilty people go free than an innocent man get convicted.
The same rationale should apply to these laws. When you have people like this that get caught in the wide net of these "feel good" laws, the laws need to be changed.

Kids get arrested for this in California as well.

Only a year ago I had a case of a 15 year old charged with molesting a child under 14. It was consensual sex. Neither family wanted to prosecute. The girl got pregnant, went to the Doctor, the Doctor reported it to authorities, the police interviewed her, her family, the boy, the boy's family and then filed charges on him.

Thanks to Jessica's law and all the other "politically correct" get tough on sex offenders, this kids will now be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

That's the laws you get people....when you vote based on a 30 second propoganda ad rather than educating yourself with what the law actually does.

I have always agreed with our legal principle that it is better that 10 guilty people go free than an innocent man get convicted.
The same rationale should apply to these laws. When you have people like this that get caught in the wide net of these "feel good" laws, the laws need to be changed.

To prevent such nonsense, my state has a law that a person can only be charged with a statutory crime if there's more than four years age difference between the two parties.
Thus- fourteen and seventeen is legal, fourteen and nineteen is not.

I think this is because of high school typically being four years long.
Are we going to arrest every junior or senior football player that engages in consensual sex with a freshman chick? They are part of the same peer group. Our society has made it so.
Besides, the prisons would overflow.
At some point, you have to look at what's actually doable: what's viable, what's realistic.
Do you want impossibly strict laws that can only be enforced randomly and arbitrarily?
Or do you want moderate to liberal laws that are actually viable and can be routinely enforced, even though they may not be as strict as some of us would like them to be?

The sentences should be mostly ad hoc, for example a 20 year old can have a sexual relationship with a 16 year old and be castigated a "child molester", which would be a scurrilous label.

However if it's true rape(excluding statutory) or an adult with a pre-pubescent child, I would agree with life without parole.

Two weeks of boot camp.....then shipped to Iraq.

Have you ever seen an American prison? They're no picnic either, unless maybe you're talking about the county jails where people are just held for a few months.

If you removed the threat of getting stabbed,beat up or raped it would be a picnic.Because the inmates do have television,cable,three square meals a day,free education,library,free lawyer,free sex change operations in some states,video games weights

Imprisoning someone in "pure hell" is not a good idea unless you plan on keeping them in there for life. If it's someone who will eventually be released, I doubt that daily anal rapes will help rehabilitate them.

It might put some perspective into that child molester.Because alot of pedophile groups do claim they were born that way and that pedophilia is a sexual preference like homosexuality.

NJ.com: Everything Jersey
Ashford, 35, an unemployed business consultant, is part of a pioneering group of pedophiles from around the world who also believe pedophilia is not a sexual disorder that can be cured by medication and psychotherapy. He believes, rather, that it is a sexual orientation with which he was born, and therefore, cannot deny.

This is a view shared by numerous pro-pedophilia groups around the world. In the United States, the most notorious may be the New York-based North American Man/Boy Love Association, or NAMBLA
If the name Ashford sounds familiar it is because he is that cockroach that made the pedophile website that targets little kids.

cut their arms and legs off, castrate them, Blind them.:doh

By that point, why not just kill them and get it over with? You're going to have to care for them for the rest of their lives once you're done mutilating them, just put a bullet in their head and throw them in a ditch, it's faster, cheaper and it cleans out the gene pool.

Finally someone got it right. That is the problem with inflexible penalties like many here are promoting.

"Molesting a child" in many states would include a 15 y.o. boy petting with his 15 y.o. girlfriend.

And all you folks who propose casteration and 25 years minimum and death etc -- hope it is not your 15 y.o. son who gets caught with his girlfriend in the car in the park.

No reason why we can't have seperate laws for statutory rapes.

You bring up a good point though. The problem with many of these crimes is they come down to a he said/she said type of court proceeding.

I have major reservations about the death penalty and life sentences when the evidence isn't overwhelming.

Yeah, that is the problem isn't it? Real life is not as black and white as your little fantasy world would have it. Real life is muddy.

In the last thread we had on this subject, we found that under Florida law anyone who fondles a "child" -- that is, a person under the age of 16 -- is committing molestation of a child, and it doesn't matter how old the perpetrator is.

It sounds great to talk tough -- Life imprisonment! -- Castration! -- NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!! and the politicians that pander to these base emotions indulge it. But then the muddy part of real life comes up, and when it is your 15 year old son or grandson who is going to be castrated or get life imprisonment, that is the first time you-all think wait a minute, that's not right.

I am talking about adults molesting children......

I think they should recieve the death penalty on 1st offense. I also think there should be DNA testing during the trial process. That way there is no question about this persons guilt or innocence. ~ Sgt Rock

No reason why we can't have seperate laws for statutory rapes.

You bring up a good point though. The problem with many of these crimes is they come down to a he said/she said type of court proceeding.

I have major reservations about the death penalty and life sentences when the evidence isn't overwhelming.

No one is advocating executing anyone unless the evidence against the perpetrator is overwhelming....

I am talking about adults molesting children......

Whatever you thought you were talking about is your issue. This thread asked: "What should we do to convicted child molesters/rapist?" That includes a 15 or 16 yo boy making out with his 15 y.o. girlfriend, which son of a bitch you would execute, and pull the switch.

Or is what you are saying is that you were wrong, and what you would do in terms of punishment for a child molester depends upon the circumstances? Which is what a judge is there for.

Whatever you thought you were talking about is your issue. This thread asked: "What should we do to convicted child molesters/rapist?" That includes a 15 or 16 yo boy making out with his 15 y.o. girlfriend, which son of a bitch you would execute, and pull the switch.

Or is what you are saying is that you were wrong, and what you would do in terms of punishment for a child molester depends upon the circumstances? Which is what a judge is there for.

I don't think anyone should be executed for any crime if they are not of legal age........They have to be and adult........The death penalty should not apply.....

By that point, why not just kill them and get it over with? You're going to have to care for them for the rest of their lives once you're done mutilating them, just put a bullet in their head and throw them in a ditch, it's faster, cheaper and it cleans out the gene pool.
or you could just sell them at Kmart as door mats :doh

I don't think anyone should be executed for any crime if they are not of legal age........They have to be and adult........The death penalty should not apply.....

OK, so you agree that not every child molester should get the death penalty. under the Navy Pride rule, the 18 y.o. senior caught making out with his sophomore girlfriend gets fried. [And actually, here in Florida at least, under 18 yo felons can get the death penalty too]. What would be your sentence for the 17 y.o. child molester?

If there is a 4 yr difference, and one is a minor.....

2 weeks of boot camp....and shipped to Iraq

IED squad

The sentences should be mostly ad hoc, for example a 20 year old can have a sexual relationship with a 16 year old and be castigated a "child molester", which would be a scurrilous label.

However if it's true rape(excluding statutory) or an adult with a pre-pubescent child, I would agree with life without parole.

I'd say when they are old enough that they are too weak to be any potential risk, we let them out. 20-30 years in prison usually gets you to rethink things. Besides, at that point, the child(ren) they molested would be full-grown adults- maybe we should have the criminal ask for forgiveness? If they raped someone their age, even more so.

If there is a 4 yr difference, and one is a minor.....

2 weeks of boot camp....and shipped to Iraq

IED squad

Do you want the U.S. army to be full of untrained child molesters? Does 2 weeks of boot camp prepare someone to be an effective soldier?

Do you want the U.S. army to be full of untrained child molesters? Does 2 weeks of boot camp prepare someone to be an effective soldier?

They would be totally untrained, quickly killed , and of limited use. Those that were not "helped" by the many fathers with big guns....would live long enough to perhaps, save a few marines from getting esploded by loonies.

Hell of an incentive to be careful who you play with....ain't it.

Back
Top Bottom