• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What makes US great?

What makes this country (USA) great?

• System of Government (Democracy)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Military Strength

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Educational System

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Technology

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • The US Constitution (Law of the Land)

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Willingness to be world's policemen in concert with UN

• Disaster Relief Aid to Third World country's

• The Principles of our Founding Fathers

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Character of its Citizens

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
kal-el said:
It is asinine to think that people partake in criminal activity only because they are un-employed. Even if south-central LA had 100% employment rate, criminal activity would still persist. Alot of crimes are motivated by greed. Shoplifters usually only get caught when they become greedy. Did you ever hear of someone partaking in theft just once and get caught? And yet, the majority of shoplifters are employed. Sure, unemployment is a precurser to crime, but it is not the sole reason.

By implying that we adopt the OT laws, in turn you are saying that you wish us to be as caveman-esque as the OT. When I feel the need for mytholgy, I read the OT, sometimes I feel like I'm reading stories from Conan the Barbarian.LOL

That it was war-filled and barbaric. The ancient "pretend" world was filled with mutual hatred and intense rivalries. There were no boundaries. Land was always up for grabs. Conquer or be conquered seemed to be thr rule of the OT.

Soul? Once again, there is no proof of a unique soul given to each and every person. As soon as there's ample proof, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

Dude, how can you continue to disregard what science has actually proven? I think you need to read up on what science actually is, before you spew rabid, asinine claims.:lol: Atoms and molecules result in the said being having certain traits and limbs. ie, be a herbivore or carnivore, have 2 legs, 3 legs, even a wing or two. This genetic phrase in which every living being possess, is called the genetic code in science. It is rather naive to think that everyone has a "unique" and "etherael" soul, escaping from the body after death.

Wrong again.:lol: Soul is synomynous with spirit. And they both mean, in laymen's terms, "breath". What's the difference between a corpse and a living person? In the fairy story of creation, Genesis, "God" had to breath into Adam the "breath of life" in order for him to be a living soul.

I was simply showing irrefutable proof, that everyone has a unique genetic code. I can't help it your ignorance of science clouds your judgements, and so you turn to "blind faith".

Well, am I wrong here, or does Jesus teach to "turn the other cheek"? But no, George Bush wants to punish violence with violence, and obviously Jesus and Gandhi were right. If he would follow Jesus, like he loves to claim, he would love his enemies, and not have started a war that continues to this day with no end in sight. He is no Christian. That story about how a pastor was struck in the face while preaching is a great example of what Christianity should strive to be like. He is indeed following in the footsteps of the Christ turning the other cheek. I applaud him.

Yes, there are. And they are all no-tech, primitive people,are they not? Moses. Am I wrong here, or did he just write in narrative? He is the only one, well according to the bible, who actually took guidance directly from the man himself. David. I think he just wrote Psalms. I'm pretty positive that he just wrote the parts of life which he was processing. Jeremiah. According to your holy book, he was disconcerted because his people continued to sway from god. He knew that this act would lead to their own undoing. I beleive he was a prohphet, and he said everything to convince his people to turn back to god. That's my take on your "mythology". There were many transcribers. In the case of Moses, it was dictation. Each primitve person who wrote it, did so from their own place ion history.

Before Witney's printing press, scribes used their whole lives to copy this mythological book. Translating the Bible from it's opriginal language into another language was a tenous task. It meant that people were making different distinctions about what god was actually stating. I think the OT was originally written in Hebrew. (makes sense since all of its writers were Hebrews) I beleive the NT was written in Greek, hence Alexander the Great conquered the area and made it the official language. Of course there were distortions, word for word translations, made it harder for the reader to comprehend, because some languages use different propositions and words than others. Thought for thought is a bit easier to read, but again it is what the person thinks a phrase means.

Of course. Who granted us the power of "playing god?"

Of course it won't, because he dosen't exist. For sure, I can't prove it, but neither can you. We can't prosecute and execute an entity that dosen't really exist, now can we?

Thanks. But I wanted to back up my arguments.

That's because I'm not, if you didn't notice.:2razz:

Well, if you didn't know, fanatical is synomynous with extreme. He waged a war on the economic interests of Americans, place inadequaete regulations to protect the environment, waged a war on jobs, on unemployment programs, the poor, the old, labor unions, and his extreme policies that waged war on civil liberties and constituional principles (patriot act).:lol:

Of what exactly? Of him actaully beleiving a "divine" entity is communicating with him:
http://www.patridiots.com/000552.html

Of course I do, god is an "omnipotent", "mythological" entity, sitting on the clouds, hurling thunderbolts at peeps, and satan is a red-skinned, horney and hooved beast, sitting in a burning abyss, plucking up "sinners" with a pitchfork. I think I have a pretty good idea!

Hows about you provide some links to back up your wild assertions? Or, are you a liar?
lolol, now youre just getting silly; you can do better than that; substance please

God-Is-Holy said:
lolol, now youre just getting silly; you can do better than that; substance please

:rofl That's your rebuttal. C'mon, it's pathetic, you're even better than that.:lol: You're just wasting my time.

kal-el said:
:rofl That's your rebuttal. C'mon, it's pathetic, you're even better than that.:lol: You're just wasting my time.

Wow that sucks. You wrote all that and that's all the reply you got? I hate when that happens. :lol:

Kelzie said:
Wow that sucks. You wrote all that and that's all the reply you got? I hate when that happens. :lol:

Yea you're telling me.:2razz:

Originally Posted by God-Is-Holy:
God ordains war.
If you think that, you know nothing about God.

God-Is-Holy said:
Binary_Digit said:
Does your god ordain torture too?
In what context?
I thought so. Since you had to ask, obviously your god does ordain torture in some context. Screw him, I'll stick with my God instead.

Last edited:
Binary_Digit said:
I thought so. Since you had to ask, obviously your god does ordain torture in some context. Screw him, I'll stick with my God instead.

arguing over who has the better imaginary man in the sky are we now? Well as long as were at it I'll start praying to Santa Clause at least he brings you presents (but only if your good).

Originally posted by Trajan Octavian Titus:
arguing over who has the better imaginary man in the sky are we now? Well as long as were at it I'll start praying to Santa Clause at least he brings you presents (but only if your good).
I thought you would be more of a tooth fairy guy.

God-Is-Holy said:
God ordains war.

Man ordains war. Jesus ordains peace. Matthew 5:9.

What makes this country great is that we are the land of opportunity. If you can't make it in the US, where did you expect to go to make a life for yourself? If you can't do it here, you're f_cked!

Billo_Really said:
What makes this country great is that we are the land of opportunity. If you can't make it in the US, where did you expect to go to make a life for yourself? If you can't do it here, you're f_cked!

So you have tried it everywhere else and you haven't made it? Plenty of people have made it in other places. Glittering generalities don't make it.

Originally posted by Inuyasha:
So you have tried it everywhere else and you haven't made it? Plenty of people have made it in other places. Glittering generalities don't make it.
The only generality here is you jumping to conclusions about my point. What I was saying is that we have so many opportunities in this country for someone to make a life for themselves, that if you can't do it here, where it is this easy to find work and get food in your belly, where did you expect to go to do this? If you can't do that here, I doubt you are going to have better odds somewhere else. And if there are, why don't you tell me where?

Billo_Really said:
The only generality here is you jumping to conclusions about my point. What I was saying is that we have so many opportunities in this country for someone to make a life for themselves, that if you can't do it here, where it is this easy to find work and get food in your belly, where did you expect to go to do this? If you can't do that here, I doubt you are going to have better odds somewhere else. And if there are, why don't you tell me where?

"The odds are better" makes more sense than your original post .

"If you can't do it here, you're f_cked!" a generality.

Originally posted by Inuyasha:
"The odds are better" makes more sense than your original post .

"If you can't do it here, you're f_cked!" a generality.
I'm sorry, that's just the way I talk.

Back
Top Bottom