• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What makes US great?

What makes this country (USA) great?

• System of Government (Democracy)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Military Strength

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Educational System

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Technology

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • The US Constitution (Law of the Land)

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Willingness to be world's policemen in concert with UN

• Disaster Relief Aid to Third World country's

• The Principles of our Founding Fathers

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Character of its Citizens

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
SKILMATIC said:
Well I guess so. However, this country is also great because you have me to teach you.;)

This country is great because of your profound humility.

Billo_Really said:
We always say were the best country on earth. I was thinking the other day just what makes us a great country. Is it our military strength? Our educational system? Our technology? The character of our citizens? Our Constitution? Our willingness to bear the burden as the worlds policeman in concert with the UN? Our willingness to aid country's that have suffered natural (or man-made) disasters? What do you think makes us a great nation?
It is only God who makes a nation great. And a people who follow their God.

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Well I guess so. However, this country is also great because you have me to teach you
Are you teacher? I thought you were gunny!

Originally posted by God-Is-Holy:
It is only God who makes a nation great. And a people who follow their God.
Even if that God is named Allah or Buddha?

Billo_Really said:
Even if that God is named Allah or Buddha?
There is only one God, and they weren't Allah or Buddha.

Originally posted by God-Is-Holy:
As far as I'm concerned, THEIR all the same guy.

God's cool. I talk to him, when i can get in line in front of George Bush. George always takes up all of God's time. Well I guess that's being born to priveledge.

God-Is-Holy said:

Try telling that to all of the Muslims in the world. And the Buddhists. and the Hindus, Chinease Traditionalists, Primals, Idigenous's, Sikhism's, Yoruba's, Juche's, and Scientologists.:lol:

Billo_Really said:
As far as I'm concerned, THEIR all the same guy.
That's simply not biblical.

Inuyasha said:
God's cool. I talk to him, when i can get in line in front of George Bush. George always takes up all of God's time. Well I guess that's being born to priveledge.
We need men like George Bush who will take a stand for God.

kal-el said:
Try telling that to all of the Muslims in the world. And the Buddhists. and the Hindus, Chinease Traditionalists, Primals, Idigenous's, Sikhism's, Yoruba's, Juche's, and Scientologists.:lol:
I believe that I just did, if any are reading. Someone's got to proclaim the truth.

And you know what the truth is? Would you mind sharing that with the rest of us?

Inuyasha said:
And you know what the truth is? Would you mind sharing that with the rest of us?
Certainly. Truth is in Jesus. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Thanks so much for asking.

God-Is-Holy said:

O, sorry to burst your little "divine" bubble, but not everyone puts stock in a book written by ancient transcribers.:lol:

We need men like George Bush who will take a stand for God.

Every nation in the world has gone to war claiming god is on our side, what, pray tell, makes George W Bush any different?

I believe that I just did, if any are reading. Someone's got to proclaim the truth.

The truth? I am reading, and all I heard from you is blind postulations.:lol:

Originally Posted by God-Is-Holy:
It might not be biblical, but it is spiritual. I don't put any stock in this religious "my dad can beat your dad" arguement.

kal-el said:
O, sorry to burst your little "divine" bubble, but not everyone puts stock in a book written by ancient transcribers.:lol:

Every nation in the world has gone to war claiming god is on our side, what, pray tell, makes George W Bush any different?

O god here we go again. How many times do I have to tell you that you cant impose on someones beleifs? And to God is Holy you cant impose your religion or beleifs on people because that will not get you very far in the spectrum of debate. However, if you want a religious discussion please go to the proper place for that.

SKILMATIC said:
However, if you want a religious discussion please go to the proper place for that.

Tell that to God-Is-Holy.:lol:

SKILMATIC said:
I did I am telling it to both of you notice his name is in there too.

O, ok, my bad.:2razz:

SKILMATIC said:
However, if you want a religious discussion please go to the proper place for that.

And just where would that be?;)

Inuyasha said:
And just where would that be?;)
Ummm......... are you serious?

You do know there is a religious philosophy section on the forum right?

SKILMATIC said:
Ummm......... are you serious?

You do know there is a religious philosophy section on the forum right?

I thought you meant a more physical place like the Vatican or possibly one of the levels of Dante's hell or maybe a religious place like Pershing Square in Los Angeles.

kal-el said:
That's why we have so much crime in this nation.

George Bush is a man of God. We're not talking about Islam or Buddhism here.

Pr 14:34 ¶ Righteousness exalts a nation, But sin is a disgrace to any people.

Pr 29:18 ¶ Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, But happy is he who keeps the law.

Billo_Really said:
It might not be biblical, but it is spiritual. I don't put any stock in this religious "my dad can beat your dad" arguement.
God is all-powerful. And true spirituality only comes from the one true God.

God-Is-Holy said:
That's why we have so much crime in this nation.

Uhh, nope. Unemployment is the source of despair for Americans, and especially the young. If everyone followed the stupid rules of the OT, we would be a barbaric society, allowing even more crime.

George Bush is a man of God. We're not talking about Islam or Buddhism here.

Yea ok. He falsly claims to be Christian.:2razz: If he was "holy", he would be leading this world to peace, instead of war.

Pr 14:34 ¶ Righteousness exalts a nation, But sin is a disgrace to any people.

Pr 29:18 ¶ Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, But happy is he who keeps the law.

God is all-powerful. And true spirituality only comes from the one true God.

What nonsense is this? These poetic babblings mean nothing. You're god is nothing but a damn murderer.

kal-el said:
Uhh, nope. Unemployment is the source of despair for Americans, and especially the young.
People are often lazy and don't wish to work, so many turn to crime instead.

If everyone followed the stupid rules of the OT, we would be a barbaric society, allowing even more crime.
Untrue. Stricter laws in the Old Testament circumvented crime before it began.

Yea ok. He falsly claims to be Christian.:2razz:
Now you're judging his soul. How would you know who's a true Christian or not, if you have not aquainted yourself with the teachings of Christ?

If he was "holy", he would be leading this world to peace, instead of war.
God ordains war to deal with sin.

1 Chronicles 5
22 For many fell slain, because the war was of God. And they settled in their place until the exile.
(NAS95)

What nonsense is this? These poetic babblings mean nothing. You're god is nothing but a damn murderer.
You're obviously resistant to the truth of the bible. And you're judgmental as well, which means that you haven't learned the teachings of Christ. You're judging God.

Again, the words of Jesus, which you blatantly disregard, although you accuse others of not being a true Christian:

Matthew 7
1 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged.
(NAS95)

John 8
16 "But even if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone in it, but I and the Father who sent Me.
(NAS95)

The truth is that when you start to mix politics with fundamentalist religious thought, you are fooling around with a very volatile mixture that tends to blow up in one's face.

Back
Top Bottom