• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What lessons are learned in the Zimmerman case?

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I am curious what people are taking away from this God awful sham of a trial. I say it that way because I feel that we as a nation handled this poorly.

1) Lesson:

Racism is alive and well in this country. And it isn't just white people, though plenty exist. People made this a race issue the second they heard about it. MSNBC didnt like the narrative that was shown by the audio...so they made a better story and mixed racism. People assumed racism from the start. Why? Because (regardless of their color)...they themselves are a little bit or a lot racist.

2) The media are blood thirsty sharks only interested in selling news. You can't trust the information they put out. They are interested in one thing and one thing only: selling news. They want to create a narrative that makes it horrible. They don't care who gets in their way. And it happens all the time. They did it at Newtown and anywhere else they get the chance.

3) Just because you carry concealed, doesn't mean you are prepared. Preparation means self defense classes...that you keep up with. It means knowing a lawyer. It means knowing how to handle the aftermath.

4) The public opinion poll is brutal. It doesn't care about justice. Just politics. One side vs another. Whatever happens people won't accept the verdict. They will call it a failure if they are proven wrong. It is sad. A joke. A bad one.

Anyway. Who else has something to add?

I am curious what people are taking away from this God awful sham of a trial. I say it that way because I feel that we as a nation handled this poorly.

1) Lesson:

Racism is alive and well in this country. And it isn't just white people, though plenty exist. People made this a race issue the second they heard about it. MSNBC didnt like the narrative that was shown by the audio...so they made a better story and mixed racism. People assumed racism from the start. Why? Because (regardless of their color)...they themselves are a little bit or a lot racist.

2) The media are blood thirsty sharks only interested in selling news. You can't trust the information they put out. They are interested in one thing and one thing only: selling news. They want to create a narrative that makes it horrible. They don't care who gets in their way. And it happens all the time. They did it at Newtown and anywhere else they get the chance.

3) Just because you carry concealed, doesn't mean you are prepared. Preparation means self defense classes...that you keep up with. It means knowing a lawyer. It means knowing how to handle the aftermath.

4) The public opinion poll is brutal. It doesn't care about justice. Just politics. One side vs another. Whatever happens people won't accept the verdict. They will call it a failure if they are proven wrong. It is sad. A joke. A bad one.

#1 -- Having a license to carry is an awesome responsibility that has the potential to ruin your life -- as well as save it.
#2 -- If something as earth-shaking as this happens to you, ask to be interviewed the next day and call an attorney.
#3 -- If you're telling the truth, don't be afraid to tell your story.
#4 -- When the full weight and power of "the state" is after you, you're screwed whether your innocent or guilty.

1) Lesson:

This idea of the police deciding innocence and guilt on the spot is not only un-American, it's part of a recipe for a national disaster...................

All I've learned is that it's racist when a black person gets hurt/killed by anyone that isn't black - regardless of the circumstances.

#1 -- Having a license to carry is an awesome responsibility that has the potential to ruin your life -- as well as save it.
#2 -- If something as earth-shaking as this happens to you, ask to be interviewed the next day and call an attorney.
#3 -- If you're telling the truth, don't be afraid to tell your story.
#4 -- When the full weight and power of "the state" is after you, you're screwed whether your innocent or guilty.

Number 4 really resonates with me. Same goes for public opinion and the media.

Your need to live isn't nearly as important as another's political POV when they want attention.

Watching the prosecution news conference after the trial, I learned that when Angela Corey speaks I have a tendency to throw up in my mouth.

Watching the prosecution news conference after the trial, I learned that when Angela Corey speaks I have a tendency to throw up in my mouth.

You mean you didn't enjoy her victory lap?

In the way of life lessons, I didn't learn a damn thing.

What I enjoyed most about the trial was trolling the **** out of Thunder. I didn't participate much until that faggot arrived, and I didn't participate much after he was banned (the second time) until the trial began. I wish he was still around for the verdict.

I would like to thank the mod team for turning a blind eye to all the excessive trolling by nearly everyone who posted in the Z/M forum.

Last edited:

1) Lesson:

I'd recommend never to talk to, the police/detectives/DA even if you've done nothing wrong. Seek counsel and have him/her present

Exercise your rights, your Miranda rights. They exist for good reason.. use them or you lose them.

Most of Z's ordeal would have been prevented by keeping quiet and getting counsel from, the get go

To hell with political and political correctness slogans. Here are the real-life lessons that should be taken from this:

From the perspective of Zimmerman: The reality is that law and social expectation now is to be totally apathetic and not give a **** about anyone else but yourself. What is legal in relation to other people is doing absolutely nothing at all. Any actions on behalf of anyone else carries massive risk of civil and criminal liabilities.

From the perspective of Martin's parents: Parents should learn from this the potentials of being an uninvolved parent who doesn't supervise and guide their child. TM was on his next school suspension for issues including theft and drugs. His mother dumped him on his father and his girlfriend. They gave Martin money to go wander the street with and planned to leave him unattended to babysit while they went off to party. The result? Dead son. NOTHING, ever, has shown TMs parents but to be anything but don't-give-a-damn parents who saw parenting and parental supervision as nuisances they were not going to bother with.

From the perspective of Martin: Breaking all the rules and acting tough can seem cool. But at the end of it is no education, no career, no future and a path of worsening risk. He decided to prove he was a tough man, violently engaged a stranger - and the result of that in general will always be a likelihood of being arrested and given a criminal record, hurt or killed. For TM it turned out to be the latter. The lesson to kids? Stay away from drugs, pay attention to rules, avoid violence and trouble, and act right rather try to act like the cool rebel.

I learned that social media sites during highly publicized cases is something that needs to be avoided at all costs. The amount of random conjecture and irrelevant statements thrown about was almost sickening.

There were several lessons learned. A couple come to mind.

1. Don't try to break the ice with a knock-knock joke.
2. Never go upside a man's head and smear his head into concrete without considering the possibility of getting a bullet in your chest.

1) Lesson:

Justice is colorblind and triumphed over a firestorm of lefty propaganda.:mrgreen:

1) Lesson:

Just one edit to your list...

1) Turn off the TV
2) Live YOUR life

LOL - Is that not the most disgusting woman ever to hold a high office or position of importance?

Every time she speaks, I feel a need to disinfect.

I feel that way every time some race baiting political hack gets up and spouts their garbage. Jackson and Sharpton come to mind. Pass the CN disinfectant, the brown soap and brush, please.

Racism? What racism besides that generated AFTER the FACT by the racist new black panthers and their ilk? (like sharpton etc)

Lesson - 90% of USA cant read and understand the law.

You smash a persons face in, then he can SHOOT you. So simple.......

he never should have had trial, it was jsut a show to appease the morons that cant read the law.

So we will continue to carry, and shoot the "no limit niggers" that attack us................no lawyer needed.

and what about the 11,000 blacks that killed blacks since the TM shooting? Why dont you and Sharpton complain about THAT???? LMAO

Most people are lemmings.

Lemmings that can be easily polarized by the press and the politicians and other public personalities.

I'd recommend never to talk to, the police/detectives/DA even if you've done nothing wrong. Seek counsel and have him/her present

Exercise your rights, your Miranda rights. They exist for good reason.. use them or you lose them.

Most of Z's ordeal would have been prevented by keeping quiet and getting counsel from, the get go

this

and if you have kids old enough to get into legal trouble
make sure they know it, too

We learned the entire left wing media, the "race baiters", ben crump, heck even POTUS in this case will racial profile , inventing terms like "white -- hispanic" so they can continue the asinine diatribe that keeps them in power.

This idea of the police deciding innocence and guilt on the spot is not only un-American, it's part of a recipe for a national disaster...................

And charging some one based in political pressure rather than a grand hurry isn't?

A 17 year old unarmed kid was killed by an armed adult, and you really think there is no need for a trial? Comon man.
And charging some one based in political pressure rather than a grand hurry isn't?

I invite everyone, yes everyone, to pause for a moment, read and reread this statement.

Bonzai, I'm not picking on you. I just don't believe you thought this out before you typed it. I hope that's the case.

"this idea of the police" If not the police then whom? Are we really saying ALL police are corrupt? Talk about national disaster!

"deciding innocence and guilt on the spot" When did this happen? They did an investigation that night. Then the did a much more exhaustive investigation after the night.

"is not only un-America" No, Sir/Madam, it's the law. It's the foundation of our Nation.

"it's part of a recipe for a national disaster" Yikes! Are you truly advocating for "justice" in the manner this case was handled? No evidence for charges by police. No evidence for charges after the lead detective wraps up his investigation. It's only some 44 days later, following "race baiters" inciting hatred so they can remain in power, a special prosecutor, who bypasses a grand jury, which is what should have been done, that charges are filed?

What is "un-American" *and* "part of a recipe for a national disaster" is the exact manner in which this case was handled. It was a blatant attempt, even going so far as to coin a brand new phrase "white-hispanic" in order to pursue a modern day "lynching". Talk about disaster.

A 17 year old unarmed kid was killed by an armed adult, and you really think there is no need for a trial? Comon man.

There wasn't enough evidence to warrant a charge if there had been they wouldn't have skipped the grand jury phase.

Back
Top Bottom