• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is Your Status on Receiving the Covid Vaccine?

What is your present status on receiving the Covid Vaccine?

• I have completed my first and second injection

Votes: 104 42.4%
  • I have received my first and will get my second one soon

Votes: 57 23.3%
  • I have made an appointment to receive my first injection

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I have made an appointment to receive the once only Johnson & Johnson vaccine

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I have received my once only Johnson and Johnson Vaccine

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • I am undecided at this point

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • I am having trouble getting an appointment

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • I am presently below the minimum age

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • I refuse to get the vaccine

Votes: 15 6.1%

• Total voters
I got an email yesterday from my medical provider.
I am not meeting the criteria in my state (too young and no real serious health issues, I'm not complaining).
I cannot make an appointment yet and the area pharmacies are all awaiting more vaccine.

When it is available I guess I will go get it but that might not be for months.
I think I have probably already had COVID. My mother is 78 and had it and never even noticed. I know its serious but many people are asymptomatic.

I have some music shows I want to attend this summer and I want things "normal" if possible.

Won't be getting it. Stop calling the Pfizer shot a "vaccine." It is not a vaccine. It is RNA genetic alteration therapy. The Johnson Johnson vaccine is a vaccine, but at a claimed 60% effectiveness it's nothing because there is the built in excuse for why you contracted covid-19 after it, ie you are one of the 40%. With that, there is actually no way whatsoever to know if it is effective or not.

Notably, not one person can claim any of the covid-19 vaccines are long term safe, because unlike nearly all other vaccines no long term effects study was even possible. I read the Pfizer study methodology - and it's like a really bad joke. It is also know Pfizer lied because they claimed no adverse side effects by anyone - when in fact it is known there are for some people. So besides a junk study as their proof, on top of that they lied even about that.

You people be the lab monkeys. Over time we can see how modifying your RNA affects you. My concerns for society is what harms might it cause 1 to 3 generations from now. As analogy, it was learned that certain genetically modified foods cause sterility in rats at the 3rd or 4th generation of offspring.

Good luck to you volunteer lab monkeys. You gamble our life you way. I'll do so for mine.

Won't be getting it. Stop calling the Pfizer shot a "vaccine." It is not a vaccine. It is RNA genetic alteration therapy. The Johnson Johnson vaccine is a vaccine, but at a claimed 60% effectiveness it's nothing because there is the built in excuse for why you contracted covid-19 after it, ie you are one of the 40%. With that, there is actually no way whatsoever to know if it is effective or not.

Notably, not one person can claim any of the covid-19 vaccines are long term safe, because unlike nearly all other vaccines no long term effects study was even possible. I read the Pfizer study methodology - and it's like a really bad joke. It is also know Pfizer lied because they claimed no adverse side effects by anyone - when in fact it is known there are for some people. So besides a junk study as their proof, on top of that they lied even about that.

You people be the lab monkeys. Over time we can see how modifying your RNA affects you. My concerns for society is what harms might it cause 1 to 3 generations from now. As analogy, it was learned that certain genetically modified foods cause sterility in rats at the 3rd or 4th generation of offspring.

Good luck to you volunteer lab monkeys. You gamble our life you way. I'll do so for mine.

Derp! Why am I not surprised by your response.

Last edited:
Haven't got. Not opposed. Not in a hurry to. If I do, I do, if not the herd will solve the problem. Unless it becomes an impediment to travel... meh...

Haven't got. Not opposed. Not in a hurry to. If I do, I do, if not the herd will solve the problem. Unless it becomes an impediment to travel... meh...
You're kind of where I'm at. I'd call it more of a wait-n-see and, quite frankly, so far, so good. At least from potential adverse reactions (yes, I know there are some but in the grander scheme, relatively few).

I am, though, gonna hold out for the more traditional J&J version for a variety of reasons, but I'm not in any of the early categories. Although I do somewhat "essential" IT work, I can work from home and am glad to "give up my spot" to someone else.

What I dread, however, is a mandate. But that's another discussion for another day.

As for availability in our area, it's somewhat hit-or-miss. Several localities have pooled their resources and are conducting weekly mass events. Others, sadly, seem to be struggling on their own.

Every health professional, first responder, and teacher I know who wanted it have already gotten both doses.

You're kind of where I'm at. I'd call it more of a wait-n-see and, quite frankly, so far, so good. At least from potential adverse reactions (yes, I know there are some but in the grander scheme, relatively few).

I am, though, gonna hold out for the more traditional J&J version for a variety of reasons, but I'm not in any of the early categories. Although I do somewhat "essential" IT work, I can work from home and am glad to "give up my spot" to someone else.

What I dread, however, is a mandate. But that's another discussion for another day.

As for availability in our area, it's somewhat hit-or-miss. Several localities have pooled their resources and are conducting weekly mass events. Others, sadly, seem to be struggling on their own.

Every health professional, first responder, and teacher I know who wanted it have already gotten both doses.
Yeah, it seems like people are "gimme gimme or I'm gonna die" or they're "No, and I won't let you microchip my child either!"

I actually have an in to get it if I want, I could have been had it, but what's the rush? I'm not saying there's something wrong with it, but I'm not in a hurry to be a lab rat either....So just wait and see.

Thing is I'm a traveler, so as I said in my other post, if they say you need it or you ain't going anywhere, they got me. Mandate is such an ugly word they won't use it. (Well, who knows in today's age) They'll more so make it that you'll want to get it voluntarily or be ostracized from doing pretty much anything.

My wife and have have an appointment for March 26th. Only took us 27 days to get an appointment. No, I mean it took us 27 %$%#$ days to even get an appointment.
The Sarasota, Florida website kept crashing like a Boing 747 Jetliner with a rubber-band motor. My dear wife was almost in tears and her husband wanted to do things that would be unspeakable. PS: Sarasota is deep red. Our Trump-Governor actually had a special "Shipment" that went to the incredibly rich people here. I wonder if they had any problem getting an appointment. Need to end this post or I'll actually be banned from this site for saying things I'll regret.. :( :( (Not the site but for certain Governors)

We all had it.

Our nurse practitioner said we should get the vaccine anyway since it won't hurt. But so far, they're only vaccinating people over 65 at the moment, or health professionals.

I am an essential worker waiting for my chance. Dont really care which one I get, either.

Though...I'd like to not support anything coming from Johnson and Johnson, who knowingly gave thousands cancer and tried to hide the fact that there was asbestos in their talcum powder.

I’m hoping by April. They are currently vaccinating 55+ and I’m 53. They have been moving fast so it’s possible I may get it late March.

Won't be getting any "medicine" that requires me to sign a waiver releasing the manufacturer from all responsibility if it maims or kills me or someone in my family.

Nope, nope, nope.

Won't be getting any "medicine" that requires me to sign a waiver releasing the manufacturer from all responsibility if it maims or kills me or someone in my family.

Nope, nope, nope.

I bet there have been plenty of times you have signed such waivers and never thought twice about it.

I bet there have been plenty of times you have signed such waivers and never thought twice about it.

Good for you. I would never do such a thing with an experimental drug. I won't be a guinea pig. If they want to mandate this drug then they can let me sue them if they harm me. Everyone who gets the vaccine is basically signing up for a medical trial.

Good for you. I would never do such a thing with an experimental drug. I won't be a guinea pig. If they want to mandate this drug then they can let me sue them if they harm me. Everyone who gets the vaccine is basically signing up for a medical trial.

Sign me up!

You should not be so scared. mRNA vaccine has had no statically significant serious side effects and the long term effects are long studied in animals with no issues.

Yes, something could go wrong but the probability is greater you get hit by a car crossing the street than the mRNA will hurt you. Nothing in life can be guaranteed, don't live your life so fearful.

peace

Couldn’t get it now even if I wanted to.

see post above, #23.

no need to be afraid.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom