• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is wrong with the left? Upside down worldviews.

Sounds to me like you're the one being illogical here.

Everyone can see it. (See how stupid that sounds?)

And, if you were actually paying attention, you might would have noticed that it's NOT the left that is losing.

Illogical post.

Dismissed.

I don't speak as precisely as i could at all times. I do think the left is losing though, have a good day sir.

I don't speak as precisely as i could at all times. I do think the left is losing though, have a good day sir.

You have a right to think as you wish sir.

God bless America. (We can agree on that, can't we?)

A good day to you as well, sir.

curious to me where the right gets their perception of liberal.

pro environment
pro choice
pro working/middle class
pro social safty net
pro single payer health care
pro union
pro tax reform

against
corporatism
unlimited money by the rich in our political system
tax cuts for the rich and borrow the money to pay for it
atacking immigrants and not the Americans who hire them
bigotry
the dismantling of the social safety net
outlandish military spending
putting corporate profits ahead of everything else
God as a political tool
telling baldfaced lies to gullible americans for politics or.profits
brainwashing

2020 will tell, the right solidified the senate and will possibly get another supreme court justice.

Ginsburg will hang in there until Jan 2021. In 2020 the GOP have 20 Senate Seats to defend, versus the 8 they had in 2018. The Dems have a VERY good chance of taking the Senate.

Are you implying that the slippery slope argument is invalid? Because that's all i have at this point, i see the writing on the wall because of whats happening in other places, its the same energy. Otherwise no, you are correct no one is being arrested in the USA at this time, however i never said it was happening here now.

Slippery slope fallacies are generally considered to be ... fallacies, yes.

Slippery slope fallacies are generally considered to be ... fallacies, yes.

Well it's only a fallacy if it doesn't happen, but when they try it it won't be, and we'll revisit this.

Are you implying that the slippery slope argument is invalid? Because that's all i have at this point, i see the writing on the wall because of whats happening in other places, its the same energy. Otherwise no, you are correct no one is being arrested in the USA at this time, however i never said it was happening here now.
The slippery slope argument is absolutely invalid. It is a well known fallacy.

"When a relatively insignificant first event is suggested to lead to a more significant event, which in turn leads to a more significant event, and so on, until some ultimate, significant event is reached, where the connection of each event is not only unwarranted but with each step it becomes more and more improbable"

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/162/Slippery-Slope

Theres no reason why we wouldnt stop at the optimal place. If slippery slope was valid, that would validate all sorts of authoritarianism. "Too much sugar is bad so no one should be allowed any sugar." Sounds ridiculous right?

But as I said, the people on the left are simply exercising THEIR right to free speech. Is there anything wrong with that? It is their right as well.

I'm not angry, the left isn't being logical, everyone can see it, and its why they are losing.
You do know the liberals just took the House, right? And 350 seats total, nationwide. How is that losing?

You do know the liberals just took the House, right? And 350 seats total, nationwide. How is that losing?

THE Democrats did, how many of them are liberals I dont know but certainly a minority.

Border security = racist
Nationalism = unpatriotic
Christianity = homophobic
Islam = A okay
Male masculinity = toxic
Women adopting masculine traits = progress
Families over career = sexist
Career over family = progress
Gender = Social Construct
Truth = "My Truth"
Beauty = Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner
Slut walk = Progress

What is the problem? How do you exist believing all of these things at the same time? :confused:

IMO the left would have no power if it wasn't for the media, key reason, they don't want kids, so their numbers dwindle every year. Couple that with the medias loss of power with their constructed and disingenuous narratives, and the emergence of the internet, it may really be over. Unless they start fighting with ideas instead of censorship.
But do you see the difference between telling Christians they cant legislate their homophobic tenants into law, and that muslims should be allowed to worship in their homes and churchs?

If muslims tried to legislate sharia the story would be different. But I see none of that. Liberals defend their right to be Muslim just like Christian's have the right to be christian... but keep that **** out of our general laws.

Christians claim they are under attack while trying to enforce their canonical law on the entire population. Bunch of nonsense.

there is a difference between

Freedom of Religion

and

Separation of Church and State

Back
Top Bottom