• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is wrong with so called hate speech.

1. We have to use common sense in defining "hate speech."

2. In my opinion, it is NOT hate speech to refuse to wear a poppy. If she wants to be the only student who stands out for not wearing the poppy, then she is, indeed, making a statement, but that is not "hate."

3. For example, if I am the only person in an audience who does NOT stand up when a female or non-Caucasian or non-Christian or non-straight celebrity is introduced, that is not "hate" speech.

a. But if I yelled something derogatory about that celebrity's gender, etc., then it would be "hate" speech.

People are awfully sensitive.

The other day, I heard a young non-Caucasian man (who was holding a baby in his arms) become angry with an older Caucasian man. The latter -- to the best of my knowledge -- was simply smoking a cigarette on the street. But this young man for some reason thought that the older man had looked at him in a disrespectful manner. The young man said to the older man: "Why do you have a frown on your face? Oh, I understand. You old people are so full of medications that it affects your facial expression." Then he continued on his way.

As our country continues its demographic shift, more and more words and gestures will be defined as "hate" speech.

Earth to The Parser, did you hear that this was a fake story?
Keep it up and people are going to see this when they think of you.

SImpsons_GrampaAbe.jpg

On the news, a student in Canada was suspended from school for refusing to wear some sort of multi colored poppy for Canada's form of veterans day. She posted a paper saying it was not right for her to have to wear the LGTB or what ever poppy. She was more than willing to wear the standard poppy.

She was called to the office and told she was spreading "hate speech". She was suspended until next Tue. So there you are, the left can declare ANYTHING they dont like hate speech!!!!! It is now their tool to suppress free speech.

BTW the left still assures us they are open minded. Yeah open minded up to the point till you say something they dont agree with, and now it becomes hate speech. It is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're getting very good at posting all those fake poutrage stories.

297.png

First there was political correctness, and finally people just laughed at it knowing that it was a left wing attempt to shut down free speech.

Now the left has invented hate speech to try to do the same thing. Time to laugh that off the face of the earth too!!!!

Season's Greetings and Happy Holidays, in celebration of what the RIGHT terms "hate speech":

But at some point since then, the growing popularity of “happy holidays” has been derided as an attack on Christmas. The New York Times traces the trend back to 2005, when Fox News host Bill O’Reilly turned railing against “happy holidays” into a bit of an annual tradition on his program. That same year, President George W. Bush followed Eisenhower’s example and wished his Christmas card recipients a happy “holiday season,” a turn of phrase that prompted no end of bile.

“This clearly demonstrates that the Bush administration has suffered a loss of will and that they have capitulated to the worst elements in our culture,” William Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, told The Washington Post at the time.

Not saying "Merry Christmas" and using "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays" is hate speech according to the Right.
In fact, failing to put "Christmas" on a Starbuck's coffee cup is hate speech.

JesusLovesStarbucks2.jpg

That is funny. I do not remember ever getting a say in the establishment of the "free speech" zones. Perhaps you were just mistaken when you said "you cons" came up with it, because I know YOU would never lie like the evil cons.

A guy even got arrested for wearing an anti-Bush tee shirt IN the FREE SPEECH zone.
Secret Service claimed it was a threat to the President's safety.
The enforcement of Secret Service sanctioned and Dubya approved political correctness ultimately cost the Bush administration a cool chunk of cash.

The smoking gun? A White House MANUAL on how to silence critics:

"As always, work with the Secret Service and have them ask the local police department to designate a protest area where demonstrators can be placed, preferably not in view of the event site or motorcade route."

The document also recommends drowning out protesters or blocking their signs by using what it calls "rally squads." It states: "These squads should be instructed always to look for demonstrators. The rally squad's task is to use their signs and banners as shields between the demonstrators and the main press platform. If the demonstrators are yelling, rally squads can begin and lead supportive chants to drown out the protestors (USA!, USA!, USA!). As a last resort, security should remove the demonstrators from the event site."

Hopefully this restores your memory of those events.
And now you know that cons really DID invent hate speech legislation AND that you cons are every bit as politically correct as your counterparts on the Left.

Here's a Right Wing snowflake:

Greg Gianforte

“Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him.
“Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the man, as he moved on top the reporter and began yelling something to the effect of ‘I’m sick and tired of this!’ … To be clear, at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte, who left the area after giving statements to local sheriff’s deputies.”

Kneeling is an act. Since not a word was said it has nothing to do with free speech.

Kneeling isn't freedom of expression?

Please. Get real.

Don't embarrass yourself.

On the news, a student in Canada was suspended from school for refusing to wear some sort of multi colored poppy for Canada's form of veterans day. She posted a paper saying it was not right for her to have to wear the LGTB or what ever poppy. She was more than willing to wear the standard poppy.

She was called to the office and told she was spreading "hate speech". She was suspended until next Tue. So there you are, the left can declare ANYTHING they dont like hate speech!!!!! It is now their tool to suppress free speech.

BTW the left still assures us they are open minded. Yeah open minded up to the point till you say something they dont agree with, and now it becomes hate speech. It is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone called you a **** to your face, how open minded would you be?

MOre leftist BS.

This story may be fake, but are you really pretending it isn't a typical example of hyper-PC leftists ruining the world? This sort of stuff does happen. Speakers are being violently assaulted or blocked from entering college campuses simply for disagreeing with anything the Left has to say. Professors are ejecting students from their classes or threatening their education for not conforming to their painted version of the truth. FFS, refusing to indulge in someone's biological fairytale about their gender, even if they have no scientific or medical data to back it up, is being touted as hate speech.
If this one is fake, then find one that isn't and start a thread out that one. Otherwise you are trying to use a lie as the basis to discuss your version of truth and that is not a good plan for anyone.

They were created to protect Bush from negative speech. Yeah, it was CONS that did it. Deal with it.

I do not have to deal with anything. That was the Bush administration's doing, and, if I recall correctly, he has not been in office for over a decade. Might be time for YOU to deal with it.

A guy even got arrested for wearing an anti-Bush tee shirt IN the FREE SPEECH zone.
Secret Service claimed it was a threat to the President's safety.
The enforcement of Secret Service sanctioned and Dubya approved political correctness ultimately cost the Bush administration a cool chunk of cash.

The smoking gun? A White House MANUAL on how to silence critics:

Hopefully this restores your memory of those events.
And now you know that cons really DID invent hate speech legislation AND that you cons are every bit as politically correct as your counterparts on the Left.

Maybe you should take that up with the Bush administration. I had zero to do with that policy and neither did 99% of conservatives as a whole. You people really need to start getting your heads out of your rear ends and make rational arguments.

I do not have to deal with anything. That was the Bush administration's doing, and, if I recall correctly, he has not been in office for over a decade. Might be time for YOU to deal with it.

Doesn’t matter a dirty con came up with those free speech zones because it might huwt his wiggle feewings. So yeah deal with it and choke on that fact con.

Maybe you should take that up with the Bush administration. I had zero to do with that policy and neither did 99% of conservatives as a whole. You people really need to start getting your heads out of your rear ends and make rational arguments.

And I fully expect you to trot out those same lame CYA excuses in the near future for your current hero.

Doesn’t matter a dirty con came up with those free speech zones because it might huwt his wiggle feewings. So yeah deal with it and choke on that fact con.

I am well aware that the truth does not matter to the delusional people here. I feel sorry for you that you are filled with so much hate that you cannot even have a rational dialog with someone that does not share your ideological defect. C'est la vie.

And I fully expect you to trot out those same lame CYA excuses in the near future for your current hero.

That is a pretty stupid comment to say that it was a "lame CYA excuse" when, in fact, it is the fact of the situation. I did not have control over every detail of the Bush administration, just as I do not have control of every aspect of the current administration. I do not take blame for what any administration does, just as I do not take credit for anything any administration does. To think otherwise is folly.

Here's ANOTHER Right Wing Snowflake move, an example of the Right doing EXACTLY what they claim the Left does all the time:

Radio host taken off air mid-show after replaying clip of him discussing Trump and Roy Cohn

“Craig Silverman, a former chief deputy district attorney in Denver and current radio host on the conservative 710 KNUS, was taken off the air midshow Saturday after replaying an old interview clip in which he expressed hesitations about President Donald Trump,” The Denver Post reported Saturday.

Craig Silverman
@craigscolorado
Thanks Dylan. I cannot and will not toe strict Trump party line. I call things as I see them. I see corruption and blatant dishonesty by President and his cronies. I also see bullying/smearing of American heroes w/courage to take oath and tell truth. Their bravery inspires me. Rep. Dylan Roberts on Twitter: "Sad day for Colorado and the First Amendment. Toe the Trump line instead of talking about law and facts if you want a show? “Sad, @710KNUS”...as our President would say.

Always enjoyed listening to @craigscolorado’s show via podcast. Hope he finds a place to land. #copolitics… https://t.co/fym3ic0ohk"

Rep. Dylan Roberts
@Dylan_RobertsCO
Sad day for Colorado and the First Amendment. Toe the Trump line instead of talking about law and facts if you want a show? “Sad, @710KNUS”...as our President would say.

Always enjoyed listening to @craigscolorado’s show via podcast. Hope he finds a place to land. #copolitics https://twitter.com/Briancbs4/status/1195766332874092544

11:18 AM - Nov 16, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
1,211 people are talking about this

Back
Top Bottom