• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is wrong with so called hate speech.

On the news, a student in Canada was suspended from school for refusing to wear some sort of multi colored poppy for Canada's form of veterans day. She posted a paper saying it was not right for her to have to wear the LGTB or what ever poppy. She was more than willing to wear the standard poppy.

She was called to the office and told she was spreading "hate speech". She was suspended until next Tue. So there you are, the left can declare ANYTHING they dont like hate speech!!!!! It is now their tool to suppress free speech.

BTW the left still assures us they are open minded. Yeah open minded up to the point till you say something they dont agree with, and now it becomes hate speech. It is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link?

First there was political correctness, and finally people just laughed at it knowing that it was a left wing attempt to shut down free speech.

Now the left has invented hate speech to try to do the same thing. Time to laugh that off the face of the earth too!!!!

Why do you like being so wrong, so often? Is it masochism?

On the news, a student in Canada was suspended from school for refusing to wear some sort of multi colored poppy for Canada's form of veterans day. She posted a paper saying it was not right for her to have to wear the LGTB or what ever poppy. She was more than willing to wear the standard poppy.

She was called to the office and told she was spreading "hate speech". She was suspended until next Tue. So there you are, the left can declare ANYTHING they dont like hate speech!!!!! It is now their tool to suppress free speech.

BTW the left still assures us they are open minded. Yeah open minded up to the point till you say something they dont agree with, and now it becomes hate speech. It is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what was wrong with the usual and customary poppy?

^^ Garbage lie story/thread. Pretty obvious, considering that you didn’t provide any source or link, that you already knew you’d be posting a flat out lie. Shame on you. :naughty

Using a Leftist Blog put out by a moms basement dweller as a source is not a winning technique.
Do you have a better source that confirms OP’s assertion? If you do, post it. If you don’t, shaddup!

The Left cant win the “War of Ideas”, all of theirs are bad.

As all history has shown, they can only win by silencing their political opponents.

Having the Rights “Free Speech” declared “Hate Speech” is just the latest technique.
8B7EE237-44D3-4439-B00D-242A808A57FB.jpg

They fall for it every time.

This is just like the sort of stuff the Russians made up and spread through social media posts to a receptive and largely incurious and uncritical right wing base.

I usually find that there is some underlying thing that the ultra right (and sometimes left) have grossly distorted which is why I went looking for the story.

Tell me again how tolerant liberals are when the try so many stupid ways to prevent free speech.

Tell me again how tolerant liberals are when the try so many stupid ways to prevent free speech.

You make Baby Jesus cry when you pass lies on.

Upset about the rainbow poppy? You've been duped by fake news

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – Growing furor online over rainbow poppies appears to be a case of fake news.

Posts online are stirring up outrage, suggesting the LGBTQ+ community is pushing an alternative to the traditional poppy. The original, red poppy, worn to commemorate veterans in the lead-up to Remembrance Day, appears to be redone, with each petal a different colour.

But claims the new poppy is widespread are false.

I admit that political correctness can be taken too far and that this is a problem I have with people on the left.

But a major problem with people on the right are manufactured conspiracy theories and failure to vet fake stories -

Examples:

Birtherizm

Pizzagate

Uranium One

The Left cant win the “War of Ideas”, all of theirs are bad.

As all history has shown, they can only win by silencing their political opponents.

Having the Rights “Free Speech” declared “Hate Speech” is just the latest technique.

So silencing opponents is a bad thing to right-wing nuts unless people of color kneel during the national anthem to protest violence. Gotcha.

How does it feel to lose an argument, my friend?

Tell me how does it feel to be duped by fake news?

Our free speech rights only apply to what the government can do, to fine or jail us, to limit our speech,. They do not apply to other citizens who are not civil servants because doing so would be an illegal limitation on their equal free speech rights. You do not have the right not to be criticized for your speech.

How did you manage to graduate high school and not understand this basic concept of civics? Stop listening to Fox News and other conservtive sources and you will be better educated and you wont be so angry.

Its Canada who cares? And its fake anyways. Lol pathetic.:lamo

Meanwhile........

tumblr_ox4plpvzR51vmtp2uo1_500.jpg

"How did this happen?"

I'll first need evidence it did. Until then, the cartoon (and, by extension, your contribution to this thread) is too cartoonish to be taken seriously.

So silencing opponents is a bad thing to right-wing nuts unless people of color kneel during the national anthem to protest violence. Gotcha.

No, I got you.

Except no one tried to silence or stop them they just they just called out their ignorance, stupidity and ruining the game with politics. It's only the Left taking steps to try to actually try to out law and suppress the free speech of political opponents.

The answer to speech you disagree with is more speech. That is what the people criticizing the ill informed NFL players were doing.

Leftist like yourself are trying to have their political opponents free speech fraudulently declared hate speech so it can be banned from places on the internet and maybe outlawed.

Last edited:

Kneeling is an act. Since not a word was said it has nothing to do with free speech.

Kneeling is an act. Since not a word was said it has nothing to do with free speech.

No way anyone believes that. I'm calling shenanigans.

My source would be that Leftist Blog.

You disgracing a pic of Robert Duvall means you have no argument.
First, the story Logical1 posted was (no surprise) fake, phony, a lie.

No one was suspended for refusing to wear a multicolored poppy. Two students were suspended for posting unauthorized and highly insulting fliers, ignorantly, with malice and bias against LGBTQ service member’s who fought and died in the service of their country.
View attachment 67268223

Second, Duvall would bitch slap you for assuming to speak for him.

First, the story Logical1 posted was (no surprise) fake, phony, a lie.

No one was suspended for refusing to wear a multicolored poppy. Two students were suspended for posting unauthorized and highly insulting fliers, ignorantly, with malice and bias against LGBTQ service member’s who fought and died in the service of their country.
View attachment 67268223

Second, Duvall would bitch slap you for assuming to speak for him.

But you are the only one who tried to speak for the Actor.

Wrong as always. You cons were the ones that came up with "free speech" zones to protect Bush from hearing bad things. Your lying is monumental now. Seems dishonest bull**** is all you are capable of. That's why your comments are nothing but a joke.

That is funny. I do not remember ever getting a say in the establishment of the "free speech" zones. Perhaps you were just mistaken when you said "you cons" came up with it, because I know YOU would never lie like the evil cons.

That is funny. I do not remember ever getting a say in the establishment of the "free speech" zones. Perhaps you were just mistaken when you said "you cons" came up with it, because I know YOU would never lie like the evil cons.

They were created to protect Bush from negative speech. Yeah, it was CONS that did it. Deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom