• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What is the best political forum?

Which one of these political forums is the most conducive to beneficial discussion

• This Forum

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • USMB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Politics Forums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Citydata

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
I'm not lying. once, I called the KKK a "bunch of idiots" and got a 3 day ban for it. Another poster told me he would slit my throat and rape my grandmother, and nothing was done to punish him.

...Well that sucks. Anyway, welcome to DP, and i hope you enjoy your stay. Good luck finding someone to paint your house.

Yes, that ashole. But doesn't it ever seem that liberal members get banned a TON more than their conservative counterparts?

Could be a house cleaning thing.
They are left and as such left.

Then you obviously were blind to your own bias. How come left wing posters got banned for calling something "stupid," but right wing posters could make death threats, insult people's families, and post inappropriate pictures, and get absolutely no punishment at all?

this is not the place for you to whine about other forums or your inability to follow the rules over there

I have no clue what you are whining about

this is not the place for you to whine about other forums or your inability to follow the rules over there

I have no clue what you are whining about

I'm telling you, if you call the gop POLICY "wrong" on USMB, you WILL get banned, but if you threaten to shoot Obama, they will not only not ban you, but might praise you.

Check it out if you don't believe me

I'm telling you, if you call the gop POLICY "wrong" on USMB, you WILL get banned, but if you threaten to shoot Obama, they will not only not ban you, but might praise you.

Check it out if you don't believe me

as I said that's BS and this is not the proper place to discuss such things.

Yeah, right after you mentioned them. The only other ones I am familiar with are PoliticalForums and RevLeft. But based on my quick glance just now:

US Message Boards: Way too many ads. The interface just doesn't seem as "clean" as DP's. At first glance it doesn't appear you can browse by "New Posts". On the plus side it does appear to be a very active board.

The Politics Forum: Not a large enough membership.

Citydata: If it is the City-Data.com website I found then it looks fine and all with a ton of members, but it doesn't look specialized enough for my tastes. When I want to debate politics i prefer a website that focuses on that. When I want to talk about brewing beer I prefer a beer brewing forum. When I want to talk SCUBA, I prefer a SCUBA forum. Though having looked at it I will probably browse through it more later due to the large amount of activity.

It isn't that there is anything wrong with those sites. Over the years I have developed my own peculiar tastes about what I want in a discussion forum. And some of those tastes have nothing to do with the quality of discussions.

as I said that's BS and this is not the proper place to discuss such things.

1. This is not BS. It is the complete truth.

2. This thread is discussing DP compared to other political forums. Pointing out the extreme bias on other forums is relevant to the topic at hand

1. This is not BS. It is the complete truth.

2. This thread is discussing DP compared to other political forums. Pointing out the extreme bias on other forums is relevant to the topic at hand

Your infractions over there aren't quite as honestly described as you would have us believe

as I noted USMB's software sucks

PF is a copy of this place and misses some of the most important parts.

THe last one I am not aware of.

There is a reason why I have been here so long and have so many posts here. and I have never been close to being banned.

I was on a board called Political Forum before I came here. It would be charitable of me to refer to it as an absolute sewer. The worst kind of racist, sexist, homophobic filth I've ever encountered.

I encountered a few posters from there on this forum as well, and the ones I can think of have all been banned from here.

Political Crossfire is my favorite political forum that still exists.. City-Data has an atrocious political forum. This one is alright. My all time favorites are long gone, though.

The Escapist, which is a video gaming website, has a thriving religion and politics forum. However, it suffers from a militantly enforced niceness policy that makes DP and its "civility a must" mantra look like a bunch of pikers.

MMORPG.com, another gaming site, used to have a political forum that was another troglodyte-infested craphole. The subforum was shut down a few years ago.

I'm not lying. once, I called the KKK a "bunch of idiots" and got a 3 day ban for it. Another poster told me he would slit my throat and rape my grandmother, and nothing was done to punish him.

Not buying that one either.

Youtube comments.

Very civil, thoughtful, well-informed discussions.

Youtube comments.

I know you're being sarcastic. However, I'd say that youtube comments are still more civil and more informative than what the moderators allow RWNJ's to post on USMB.

Youtube comments.

55169217.jpg

I have experience with political forums, and as you can tell, I am new to this one. However, I have been on citydata, USMB, and the politics forums.

Which one you you think is the best forum, as in the most unbiased, most discussion friendly, and most civil?

I obviously don't know a lot about this forum so far, but I'll tell you what I think of the others:

USMB: very heavy conservative bias. The moderators will ban liberal posters at the drop of a hat. However, personal insults and rudeness, more from the right than the left, runs rampant

The Politics Forums: completely right wing dominated. Not a lot of good discussion.

City Data: Decent. The least biased one of the three.

First I must tell you anonymous polls suck.

This one is the best for the following reasons:

• It uses the vBulletin software.
  • It is well organized
  • It moderated fairly, unless you're a complete a-hole you will never be banned.
  • There is a good mix of posters (from the far left to the far right)
  • The Basement is a special place where you can let fellow posters know what you feel about them.

I haven't been to all of the forums on the internet,but of the ones that I know about I like this one the most for a number of reasons.

One of the main reasons is that the people here can mostly disagree without being disagreeable.

This one

FOR BANNING the OP:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom