• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the #1 problem in America Today?

The #1 issue in America is....

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Other -- hatred of people because of race, religion, sexuality, lifestyle, politics and opinions, in general. Too many people see "the other side" as the enemy. That cannot lead to anywhere positive.

6cd78b9e32036d5bab1abc8b4786088f.jpg

I voted for immigration, but I think it should have read "the border" rather than immigration. I think the open border is the #1 problem in America today and it's now greatly impacting MANY other categories like homelessness, healthcare, economy, housing, education, crime/safety, drug use and overdoses and much more. There is very little the open border is not impacting as these illegal numbers exponentially grow.

Thank you! :)

I think it's possible to put your country first--and smart to think globally, so this was a bit confusing to me. Exporting to other countries is an example of putting the country first--providing manufacturing/tech jobs to U.S. citizens and selling internationally is one way a globalist could do both, correct? Or perhaps a partnership with a foreign company that creates parts not found in the U.S. --but is the part you need for your factory, etc. would not be a globalist view, just a pragmatic view.

Maybe I'm not understanding the importance of the designation in a world that is operating globally now--like Facebook does, etc. :)

But thank you for the link! I wasn't sure which definition you were referring to since it's not something I assume anymore ;)
This isn't about global marketing. There's nothing wrong with global commerce.

This is about global corporations, their investment sources and the like, using their money to influence politicians around the world for their own benefit...and not for the benefit of the people of any countries. Those politicians take that money and use it for their own purposes...and they don't care about the people of their own country.

For the US, it comes down to the Uniparty...Elites from both parties that have their own motivations.

The boardroom of the Democrat private corporation (DNC) wants power.

The boardroom of the Republican private corporation (RNC) wants money.

The Democrats use money to get power, ultimately control over people.

The Republicans use power to get money, whatever happens to the people is irrelevant.​

And this is why I say that Globalism is the #1 problem in America today.

1) Money in politics.
2) Money in politics.
3) Money in politics.

Unless and until we take the money out of our politics, our government will always be serving "special interests" at the expense of serving the best interests of the American electorate. Everything else on the list can begin to move in the right direction once we take the money out of our politics.

The biggest problem is political division seeping into every aspect of life and the resulting bifurcation of society into two warring tribes..

The biggest problem is political division seeping into every aspect of life and the resulting bifurcation of society into two warring tribes..
Of which you take no part in, amirite??? :rolleyes:

Voted none. Trump is by far and away America's biggest problem. Once incarcerated, then things will return to a semblance of normal

I have started to become aware of the number one problem in the entire human civilization is the Internet itself because it is causing a level of polarization which has never been possible up to these days.

Forget about who you're voting for, or voting against. What is the #1 problem in America? Does the #1 problem impact your personally or society as a whole?

Top Five statista:

1. The Government / Poor Leadership - 21%
2. Immigration - 20%
3. High cost of living / Inflation - 13%
4. The Economy - 12%
5. Unifying the Country - 6%

Top Five Pew Research Center:

1. Strengthening the Economy - 73%
2. Defeating against Terrorism - 63%
3. Reducing the influence of money in politics - 62%
4. Reducing Health Care Costs / Improving Education / Making Social Security Sound - 60%

Based on those two surveys, here are your options.

Abortion - Pro-Life policies, pro-choice policies, protecting birth control.
Economy - Jobs, wages, stock market, 401ks, U.S trade policy
Education - Making it affordable, improving the quality, teaching positive morals
Government Corruption - Poor/idiotic/corrupt leadership, the influence of money in politics, supporting fair and free elections.
Health-Care - Making health care more affordable, increasing access to health-care
Immigration - Illegal immigration, migrant crisis, crimes committed by illegals
Inflation / High Cost of Living - You're concerned with the high cost of living: ability to purchase goods and services, purchase a house.
Social Security - Upgrading the social security system to make it more solvent.
Terrorism - Defending home and abroad on the threats of terrorism and bigotry.

I added abortion to the line-up for obvious reasons. If you're voting to stop Trump from being President or wanting to stop Biden for getting a second term, then your answer is Government Corruption. There are only
Climate change.

But our (IMO) insufficient of reaction to it is caused by the influence of money in politics, I suspect.
Although it's aided by other things on the list, I'll pick option 1.

This isn't about global marketing. There's nothing wrong with global commerce.

This is about global corporations, their investment sources and the like, using their money to influence politicians around the world for their own benefit...and not for the benefit of the people of any countries. Those politicians take that money and use it for their own purposes...and they don't care about the people of their own country.

For the US, it comes down to the Uniparty...Elites from both parties that have their own motivations.

The boardroom of the Democrat private corporation (DNC) wants power.​
The boardroom of the Republican private corporation (RNC) wants money.​
The Democrats use money to get power, ultimately control over people.​
The Republicans use power to get money, whatever happens to the people is irrelevant.​

And this is why I say that Globalism is the #1 problem in America today.
Ahhh, okay--that wasn't in the definition you provided :)

Climate change.

But our (IMO) insufficient of reaction to it is caused by the influence of money in politics, I suspect.
Although it's aided by other things on the list, I'll pick option 1.
Probably why the richy-rich types started building their own jets to get to the moon :)

I have started to become aware of the number one problem in the entire human civilization is the Internet itself because it is causing a level of polarization which has never been possible up to these days.
Couldn't agree more. I've always been a HUGE reader and when I was 11, I read Gone With the Wind--OMG! I was hooked on big books, so in my hunt, I found a huge one--Emily Post's book on Etiquette. So I've got some old-school training on the subject at a young age. Lol!

I think she's been spinning in her grave for a while now. Perhaps her bones will pop in China one day :)

The lack of meaningful compromise to get problems solved.

But how did we get in that situation?
A situation where some believe that authoritarianism could be the answer? I think it’s a fairly natural reaction of some people who are afraid. They feel compelled to be “protected.” There will always be authoritarian types willing to take advantage of this fear.

My solution would be to make sure everyone had enough food, shelter, and a path to meaningful employment that wanted it. I personally find capitalism as we practice it here in the US to be as culpable as anything else. I would regulate more, tax more, and provide a fairly transparent system of benefits.

But that’s not going to happen any time soon. We’re headed that way. There is no other place to go but destruction.

Trump and his MAGA morons.
I have to apologize to actual morons I didn't mean to insult you I know MAGAS don't have as high an IQ as you do.
Trump and his MAGA followers are destroying this country and want to install Trump as a Dictator for life.
they are going to do a LOT of damage to this country IF he ever does get re-elected
Have a nice day

Forget about who you're voting for, or voting against. What is the #1 problem in America? Does the #1 problem impact your personally or society as a whole?

Top Five statista:

1. The Government / Poor Leadership - 21%
2. Immigration - 20%
3. High cost of living / Inflation - 13%
4. The Economy - 12%
5. Unifying the Country - 6%

Top Five Pew Research Center:

1. Strengthening the Economy - 73%
2. Defeating against Terrorism - 63%
3. Reducing the influence of money in politics - 62%
4. Reducing Health Care Costs / Improving Education / Making Social Security Sound - 60%

Based on those two surveys, here are your options.

Abortion - Pro-Life policies, pro-choice policies, protecting birth control.
Economy - Jobs, wages, stock market, 401ks, U.S trade policy
Education - Making it affordable, improving the quality, teaching positive morals
Government Corruption - Poor/idiotic/corrupt leadership, the influence of money in politics, supporting fair and free elections.
Health-Care - Making health care more affordable, increasing access to health-care
Immigration - Illegal immigration, migrant crisis, crimes committed by illegals
Inflation / High Cost of Living - You're concerned with the high cost of living: ability to purchase goods and services, purchase a house.
Social Security - Upgrading the social security system to make it more solvent.
Terrorism - Defending home and abroad on the threats of terrorism and bigotry.

I added abortion to the line-up for obvious reasons. If you're voting to stop Trump from being President or wanting to stop Biden for getting a second term, then your answer is Government Corruption. There are only
Biggest problem today. Joe Biden. Because so many of the problems we have he created, made worse or did nothing to prevent or help get better. Border security being # 1 among those.

Trump and his MAGA morons.
I have to apologize to actual morons I didn't mean to insult you I know MAGAS don't have as high an IQ as you do.
Trump and his MAGA followers are destroying this country and want to install Trump as a Dictator for life.
they are going to do a LOT of damage to this country IF he ever does get re-elected
Have a nice day
You post this and have the audacity to call someone a moron?

Voted none. Trump is by far and away America's biggest problem. Once incarcerated, then things will return to a semblance of normal
we can only hope they will go back to a semblance of normality , maybe after Trump's low IQ MAGA followers are done rioting and destroying this country or trying to destroy this country
Have a nice day

Back
Top Bottom