• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is Behind The Right’s Obsession with Ocasio-Cortez?

You bet. When I see such a crying need, I'm here to help.

I like how your explanation for why we don't see much good right wing humor is to say that it's hidden humor.

Now that is right wing humor.

It does protect Marxist beliefs, just as it protects your false belief that she’s a Marxist and your idiotic belief that America began as a marketing experiment.

America did not begin as an atheist commie nation.

I like how your explanation for why we don't see much good right wing humor is to say that it's hidden humor.

Now that is right wing humor.

It's not hidden to those who look, and as I mentioned, are appreciative. But thanks. I appreciate that you like my effort there. Brace yourself... Nah, just kidding. Appreciate your humor where you find it.

You watch too much TV. Try conversation with actual humans. Conversational humor and wit is an art. Few on the left practice it. Maybe that's because few on the left are capable of appreciating it.

A majority of my conversations happen to be with humans, as a matter of fact, but I can’t begin to compete with the very many thousands of your own with just liberals that have informed this universal and most impressive opinion.

I don't think anyone really is obsessed with her because they are afraid. In fact, the more she talks, the more stupid she appears to be. The only worrying situation is that I would argue a vast majority of people that vote on both sides are low information morons. She appeals to these people. She doesn't have any actual substance behind what she says, but as can be seen by the election of Trump, that doesn't matter.

A majority of my conversations happen to be with humans, as a matter of fact, but I can’t begin to compete with the very many thousands of your own with just liberals that have informed this universal and most impressive opinion.

If you say so. I doubt it. It's pretty clear to me you should get out more.

Must be why virtually all the political humor in this country is from the Left.
Except for simple, instant gratification, mindless memes.

No room for arguments, reasons or explanations. Can be used to justify anything, even this:
74373d03f9061f33e6db19d482db4ec9.jpg

By some research the US has the second highest poverty rate in the world. It is no wonder we cannot afford to do more as a nation when so much of our national income is spent on the poor. If people want to highlight the wealth inequality of blacks then they should not ignore that the higher percentage of blacks in the US compared to other developed nations must be a factor affecting national spending on poverty.
Second highest in the world? Including the 3rd world? What are you smoking?

"By some research" flat earth is justified.... what is this research so I can laugh at it. Smh

You know, some research finds that you should do better research, maybe some filled with less confirmation bias.

Second highest in the world? Including the 3rd world? What are you smoking?

"By some research" flat earth is justified.... what is this research so I can laugh at it. Smh

You know, some research finds that you should do better research, maybe some filled with less confirmation bias.

I messed up. I should have said it differently. I meant to convey the same thing I read here:

The US has the second-highest rate of poverty among rich countries..."

The US has a lot of money, but it does not look like a developed country

https://qz.com/879092/the-us-doesnt-look-like-a-developed-country/

The problem is that if humor is intended for liberal consumption it had better not be about a Liberal human because Liberal humans don't laugh at themselves.
By contrast, if you want a sure laugh, usually forced laughter, make the joke about conservative humans and you'll be considered a comic genius.
And so, class, that's how the likes of Stephen Colbert get famous.

Sadness is when someone objectively looks at Ms. O-C. and calls her cute - clearly she is not. There are attractive women in Congress, its just that she is not one of them - which is not to say she is ugly or homely...just not cute (and the shapelessness of her calves are a disappointment). Here is a contrast between her and an attractive woman:

View attachment 67244610

View attachment 67244611

As you can see, Ms. O-C has a small cranium above the eyebrows, large "buck like" teeth, a flat nose with a sharp V shaped tip, and unpretty dark eyes. A side profile would also show her as having a sloping forehead, unlike more gracile women with flatter faces and a vertical forehead. Her features, while not entirely archaic do suggest she might be a closeted lesbian.

Ah, that sloping forehead. Her simian giveaway. Good catch, fellow racist.

I messed up. I should have said it differently. I meant to convey the same thing I read here:

The US has the second-highest rate of poverty among rich countries..."

The US has a lot of money, but it does not look like a developed country

https://qz.com/879092/the-us-doesnt-look-like-a-developed-country/
That makes more sense then for previous claim, but Lowest unemployment yet highest income inequality says it all.

You blame the underdevelopment on "the blacks", but was that the most logical answer or just the one that fit your preset narrative?

Perhaps if the richest people and corporations in our country didnt pay near zero taxes despite a ridiculous but useless "highest tax rate", the workers were paid what they actually deserve, and less money would sit ideal in stocks and banks... we might actually look more like a the greatest country in the world.

The idea that you would critique some cherry picked things you believe are mistakes, on the backdrop of our current POTUS who is as dumb as a brick and has made what, 4000-5000 unforced errors as ****ing PRESDIENT, is just too absurd for words

Fascinating. So, Trump being a fool means others cannot be? :roll:

Newsflash: I realize this is difficult for both his fanboi's and haterboi's to hear, but not everything is actually only measured by or a reference to Trump.

It's a new area, no one cares that you think she's not quite up tot Trump's 88 IQ. Countless Republican morons in the House, but you don't go after them, it's Cortez. You personally go after her because right wing propoganda pushed her to the fore and attacks her, and you happily oblige.

1. I can't think offhand of where I've "personally gone after" cortez. I pointed out that the conservative mockery of her is based on her foolish mistakes/gaffes, rather than some kind of deep-seated-fear that she's some kind of uber-politician demi-god who's going to usher in BernieSanderdom.

She's a member of the House. Like you know, Jordan and Nunes and Meadows? Those ****ing clowns could be replaced by a middle-schooler and we'd end up with better representation

That you would attack them when Pelosi is certifiably an insane liar and.....

...oh, nevermind. I lack the energy to mock :)

Sadness is when someone objectively looks at Ms. O-C. and calls her cute - clearly she is not. There are attractive women in Congress, its just that she is not one of them - which is not to say she is ugly or homely...just not cute (and the shapelessness of her calves are a disappointment). Here is a contrast between her and an attractive woman:

View attachment 67244610

View attachment 67244611

As you can see, Ms. O-C has a small cranium above the eyebrows, large "buck like" teeth, a flat nose with a sharp V shaped tip, and unpretty dark eyes. A side profile would also show her as having a sloping forehead, unlike more gracile women with flatter faces and a vertical forehead. Her features, while not entirely archaic do suggest she might be a closeted lesbian.
Do you compare all woman by their worst photo vs a pro model glamour shot with a pro pose and likely pro photoshop?

I'm guessing most of your women are 10/10 on a 2D screen

Btw, here's a picture of her not looking half bad. Pretty good for an ordinary person who isnt from hollywood or a runway.
08bb9de1c8763d21ea0e62ab8fb542a9.jpg

1. Fox news viewers are the most misinformed people in every poll.

:shrug: I'm sure you can find an appropriate study to tell you what you want to believe about that. Mostly I read, as I don't have a TV in my house. It's on occasionally at work.

Fox News viewers are, however, the actual consummate experts in What they believe, which is what was up for discussion - whether or not they fear her.

2. Of course conservatives fear her.

....no. Conservatives fear her like liberals "Feared" Todd Aikin.

Seriously. You sound exactly like the people a few years ago assuring me that Liberals Were Super Terrified That Ted Cruz Would Shut Down THe Government.... And Then Something Would Happen.... And Then Conservative Utopia.

:roll:

Fear is what drives the conservative base. Bush used fear in 2004 by having terror alerts whenever John Kerry's poll numbers got too high. trump used the dreaded "caravan" to help motivate your base prior to this last midterm. Conservative policies suck so they use fear to win elections because they have nothing else.

:lol: you misspelled "politicians" there ;)

Republicans are gonna take away your healthcare
Republicans are going to put black people back in chains
Republicans are going to put gay people into camps
Republicans are going to enslave women just like The Handmaiden's Tale

and so on and so on and so forth. Both sides try to enrage and terrify their base because that works.

That makes more sense then for previous claim, but Lowest unemployment yet highest income inequality says it all.

You blame the underdevelopment on "the blacks", but was that the most logical answer or just the one that fit your preset narrative?

Perhaps if the richest people and corporations in our country didnt pay near zero taxes despite a ridiculous but useless "highest tax rate", the workers were paid what they actually deserve, and less money would sit ideal in stocks and banks... we might actually look more like a the greatest country in the world.

Good luck getting rich democrats to give more of their own money to fight poverty. You can bet they are not passing laws to force themselves to pay much higher taxes for the benefit of the poor and the unemployed and the illegal in America.

:shrug: I'm sure you can find an appropriate study to tell you what you want to believe about that. Mostly I read, as I don't have a TV in my house. It's on occasionally at work.

Yep, right-wing “I want to stay in my bubble” talk. “I don’t want to expose myself to anything that might go against my right-wing predetermined conclusions.”

Enjoy that bubble, my friend 

Fox News viewers are, however, the actual consummate experts in What they believe, which is what was up for discussion - whether or not they fear her.

I have no ****ing idea what you’re talking about here, friend.

...no. Conservatives fear her like liberals "Feared" Todd Aikin.

Who? Isn’t that the “legitimate rape” dude from Missouri?

Seriously. You sound exactly like the people a few years ago assuring me that Liberals Were Super Terrified That Ted Cruz Would Shut Down THe Government.... And Then Something Would Happen.... And Then Conservative Utopia.

:roll:

:lol: you misspelled "politicians" there ;)
In your paragraph above, the word “seriously” by itself is not a complete sentence. Then in your second “sentence” you proceeded to implement a letter capitalization policy that hyroglypics experts are still trying to decipher. 

Republicans are gonna take away your healthcare

They absolutely do. They almost suceded in taking healthcare away from millions, unilaterally in 2017 and you know it, if you’re as informed as you say you are.

Republicans are going to put black people back in chains

Haven’t heard that one. Is that what you really want? Maybe trump and his toadies in congress can get to work on that once the wall is built. Wait! The GOP won’t be in control of congress in a few months! <gasp> You’d better get on your party’s ass about the wall and the chain thing, my misguided friend.

Republicans are going to put gay people into camps

Some do. Our current VP is a big, “put them all in a pray the gay away” program. You should know these things, pal!

Republicans are going to enslave women just like The Handmaiden's Tale

Well, in all seriousness that won’t happen because republicans need to get laid as well. That’s when a republican’s wife isn’t sneaking off to have a freakfest with her liberal boyfriend. 

and so on and so on and so forth. Both sides try to enrage and terrify their base because that works.

No, only one side lies consistently and cheats to win elections. Through gerrymandering, through throwing out votes, or through making it harder or impossible for people of limited means to vote. That’s all on the republicans, pal. I’m sorry to burst your bubble 

Do you compare all woman by their worst photo vs a pro model glamour shot with a pro pose and likely pro photoshop?

I'm guessing most of your women are 10/10 on a 2D screen

Btw, here's a picture of her not looking half bad. Pretty good for an ordinary person who isnt from hollywood or a runway.
08bb9de1c8763d21ea0e62ab8fb542a9.jpg

She is attractive. So was Ted Bundy. AOC is not a good policy wonk, she is just a pretty face.

View attachment 67244610

View attachment 67244611

Wow, what a freakin lowlife you are.

A real Trumpet. Only on the intent tough guy, only on the internet.

She is attractive. So was Ted Bundy. AOC is not a good policy wonk, she is just a pretty face.
I would love discuss her policies, but most of the right wingers here keep talking about her looks and pretending even pretty people wont look crazy in a bug eyed picture with their mouth wide open. Please try to look at what I'm responding to to get the context.

Still waiting for someone to actually criticize a policy and make an argument instead of randomly declaring conclusions.

She's brown-skinned, young and says sensible things. Of course the Right fears and hates her.
She says utterly stupid things, especially with regard to geopolitics and economics... but we over here think she is funny as hell.

She is just a younger, browner idiot in the mold of Nancy P.

New and ...unproved. Same brand, new Demo model, just as bad as the other lemons. If she were a car we could happily trade her back in. She is not tasked with representing me, thank god...lol.

All the same, I d probably take her out for a test drive. She does have cute going for her. Reminds me of a test drive of a 2010 I took in a Chrysler Crossfire... didnt perform well and was rickety... after the drive I opened the trunk and something fell off.

Sure looked nice from the curb tho.

Good luck getting rich democrats to give more of their own money to fight poverty. You can bet they are not passing laws to force themselves to pay much higher taxes for the benefit of the poor and the unemployed and the illegal in America.
Considering increased social spending and making the rich pay a fair share (compared with other first world nations) is a basis of the democratic platform... what are rich Democrats donating to?

Is it possible some people may act slightly selflessly, especially when they have way more then enough for a lavish lifestyle instead of hoarding more and more of the money that is just sitting in a portfolio or their 4th yaht and 7th luxury apartment/mansion?

Even if it is for PR, they are still donating to people who are going to raise their taxes... your conclusion is simply wrong.

Back
Top Bottom