• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is a racist?

Charles Murray does not advocate that anyone be discriminated against on the bases of a characteristic that is irrelevant to university admissions and hiring. Nevertheless, in a position where intelligence matters it makes sense to discriminate in favor of intelligent candidates, and against those with less intelligence.

Its education that matters really. Do you know the difference? His advocacy or not had nothing to do with direct advocacy. I said he likes to give just so stories behind discrimination and misses the white society of the 50 where discrimination was rampant. Tell me. Why were white people so afraid of civil rights all these years?

Yes jared taylor is a racist that publishes his own pseudo journal that never bothers with that pithy thing called peer review :p. just like your alt-reich radio show host. Do you think racism is just thinking one’s own race is the master race?

How many times does stormfront have to say “the true message of the alt-right is gas the _____ race war now” before people finally get the real intentions behind the alt right? How many loud outbursts does richard spencer who coined the term need to have?

Charles Murray does not advocate that anyone be discriminated against on the bases of a characteristic that is irrelevant to university admissions and hiring. Nevertheless, in a position where intelligence matters it makes sense to discriminate in favor of intelligent candidates, and against those with less intelligence.

But it is impossible to accurately judge the intelligence of an individual based only on the average IQ of an entire racial group. Even if the statistics you post are accurate, it would not matter, because that says nothing about the individual interviewing for the position.

I was never under the impression that hard work and merit mattered as much as favoritism, prejudice, and brownnosing anyway. Even if the entire department was white and male. Especially then.
If the whole department was white and male I'm pretty sure you would have 75% idiots. All ethnicities have their fair share of dunces.

I suggest that argument is being ignored in varying degrees by all sides of this conflagration.

Except when you learn the op is an advocate of racial hierarchy.

Maybe you don't refer to them as Asians, but according to them, and to the US census, Indians are Asian.

I am aware and you are technically correct and 'Asian' is conversationally non-specific and many would assume a different geographical location than India. Hence the usage of Oriental as an identifier:peace
meh .. a silly but refreshing aside.. I needed the break, thanks Bodhi

They are white supremacists, which should be obvious by the above sources.

In terms of these long discredited theories, I'll explain the problem as succinctly as I can:

There hasn't even been close to enough time for there to be an evolved difference in intellect between different races of homo sapiens. Intellectual capacity evolves much slower than minor biological differences such as skin color and body shape. If you were to take an average newborn member of the species homo sapiens born in Africa 200,000 years ago (when all humans were black Africans) and brought him to the modern day United States and raised them as an American, he would do roughly the same as an average newborn homo sapiens born today in the United States of any race you'd like to choose.

Civilization selects more vigorously for intelligence than does a tribal environment. Cold weather selects more vigorously for intelligence than does warm weather.

The Chinese civilization began with the Xia Dynasty along the Yellow River about 2100 BC. That gives the Chinese about 4,120 years to evolve in what is often a cold climate. If an average generation is 25 years, the Chinese have had about 165 generations to evolve their average IQ of 105. An animal breeder will tell you that much can be done with many fewer generations than 165.

The Ashkenazi Jews developed their even higher averages because for about 1,000 years in Christian Europe they were not allowed to own land or to practice most trades. They were allowed to become money lenders. Christians were not. Money lending is cognitively demanding. It was particularly demanding Jewish money lenders needed to make calculations using Roman Numbers. Arabic numbers are much easier to work with. Jews who could not learn thje necessary skills did not have children, or they left the faith. Jews who were good at it had large families.

Yeah they actually have huge training seminars for taking the test :p. Since the op is a eugenicist, he doesnt know the difference between heritability and inheritable or what heritability tells us.

Why don't you explain it and the differences to him?

Except when you learn the op is an advocate of racial hierarchy.

My race is not at the top of the hierarchy. Consequently, but the definition of "racist" that I grew up with I am not a racist. Neither are Charles Murray, Jared Taylor, nor J. Philippe Rushton.

But it is impossible to accurately judge the intelligence of an individual based only on the average IQ of an entire racial group. Even if the statistics you post are accurate, it would not matter, because that says nothing about the individual interviewing for the position.

Mental aptitude testing should be part of an evaluation that includes interviews, and previous performance.

In the event you overlooked it .. I repeat the question:
When have you personally observed the above?

Personal anecdotes are irrelevant :)

Yes jared taylor is a racist that publishes his own pseudo journal that never bothers with that pithy thing called peer review :p. just like your alt-reich radio show host. Do you think racism is just thinking one’s own race is the master race?

How many times does stormfront have to say “the true message of the alt-right is gas the _____ race war now” before people finally get the real intentions behind the alt right? How many loud outbursts does richard spencer who coined the term need to have?

Jared Taylor has often been condemned on Stormfront for saying nice things about Jews.

Just a moment...

Its education that matters really. Do you know the difference? His advocacy or not had nothing to do with direct advocacy. I said he likes to give just so stories behind discrimination and misses the white society of the 50 where discrimination was rampant. Tell me. Why were white people so afraid of civil rights all these years?

Many whites opposed civil rights legislation because they thought that if it was passed black rates of crime and illegitimacy would rise. Some thought white rates would rise too.

Mental aptitude testing should be part of an evaluation that includes interviews, and previous performance.

Good thing we have multiple cognitive tests that show improvement.

Many whites opposed civil rights legislation because they thought that if it was passed black rates of crime and illegitimacy would rise. Some thought white rates would rise too.

They opposed it because they feared losing their place in the racial hierarchy. It was part and parcel of the confederacy, you could say it was the cornerstone.

One question stuck out which shows Murray’s predilection towards giving just so explanations for historical oppression and discrimination is his mentioning of innate biological differences between heterosexual and homosexual men. What on earth is biological about them that would justify discrimination?

I am unaware that Charles Murray has ever advocated discriminating against homosexuals.

If you're going to test for individual mental aptitude anyway, then why bother considering racial intelligence at all, when it is less accurate and not as useful?

I am unaware that Charles Murray has ever advocated discriminating against homosexuals.

Thats not what i was pointing out. Why would he talk about innate differences? That is an oversimplification of the issue of genetics.

As to my own outburst in a previous thread, aside from being generally annoyed by the current state of things, i pointed out as the op has of why they are invested in the topic. I generally despise eugenicists because their whole “science” was a bloodbath which was a feature, not a bug. The chemical castration and euthanizing Of people like me was the big feature of eugenics “research”

Redlining is systemic racism. Done by private institutions but allowed by the government. That is what I consider a governmental policy

Strange ...
Redlining is against Federal Law.
initiated in 1974 ... enacted 1977 ...
This is 2020 .
What are you addressing?

Strange ...
Redlining is against Federal Law.
initiated in 1974 ... enacted 1977 ...
This is 2020 .
What are you addressing?
I know that, I am just using that as an example of systemic racism. A historical note

I know that, I am just using that as an example of systemic racism. A historical note

Seems odd to argue a situation that has not existed for 45+ years.. but may exhibit that while it was very problematic 60-70 years ago and before, one is hard pressed to make a systemic case today.

Back
Top Bottom