• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What if there were technological improvements of non-lethal means of self-defense?

Individual entitlement bullshit. In one gun hand there's the "gun laws don't work" bullshit. In the other gun hand is the "gun laws punish law-abiding gun owners" bullshit. Which bullshit is it? Do gun laws work or not? The people that are actually endangered are the innocent people that don't want to live in a wild west guntopia fantasy world. **** that individual entitlement to guns attitude. We tried that society; it sucked.
Well. I think thats obvious.. most gun laws don;t work because all they do is PUNISH law abiding gun owners.
Its not either or.... its both.

Your wild west guntopia fantasy world..is one of YOUR own making. Its a fantasy world. It the real world.. there are whole communities and even states where just about everyone has a firearm.. most people carry concealed firearms at one point or another and a significant part of the population carries openly. And crime is very low.. accidents with firearms are very low.. and people live in peace.

Thats why a number of gun owners.. find your posts so weird.. because thats the world we grow up or grew up in. I grew up where we took our firearms onto the bus and put them in the principles office so that we could go out hunting after school.

then I moved to the big city for school.. where the gun laws were draconian... and people were afraid to walk down their street at night.

Both could at highest settings but generally are deterrent enough to avoid using it. Nevertheless, far less damaging than a bullet.

Indeed they're less lethal that a gun, but the idea is for a less-than-lethal device to not cause permanent damage.

Indeed they're less lethal that a gun, but the idea is for a less-than-lethal device to not cause permanent damage.
When that is designed and available it will be wonderful, until then this will have to do.

Home defense.
Well if that is what you choose fine. With what is currently available i have them as an option but also have traditional rounds to choose from. Each person should determine for themselves what ia best for them

Well if that is what you choose fine. With what is currently available i have them as an option but also have traditional rounds to choose from. Each person should determine for themselves what ia best for them

Plenty of people choosing what they thought was best for them, found to their cost, that it was not the best option, once the ramifications of using it hit home AFTER the event.

Plenty of people choosing what they thought was best for them, found to their cost, that it was not the best option, once the ramifications of using it hit home AFTER the event.
I agree and that's why both options are the best choice in my opinion.

IMO, the best option is always a less than lethal one.
I would agree that is the best first option, but it's also a good idea to have a backup plan in case option one fails or does not have the desired results.

="Rich2018, post: 1073731359, member: 32644"]
Well I suppose he can if he's shot in a non-vital area...
There's a reason you aim center mass, the old shoot the gun or whatever out of their hand or wing them is BS.
Have you seen some of the wicked projectiles you can shoot out of a 12 gauge shotgun now ?
If you are referring to the Bolo round, there garbage. 00 and 000 aught work fine.

I'd be happy with a 100% effect, good in all situations, one shot threat ending device.

It would have to be affordable and simple to use.

="Antiwar, post: 1073732726, member: 36919"]
Individual entitlement bullshit. In one gun hand there's the "gun laws don't work" bullshit.
You don't get it. We say enforce the gun laws already on the books (albeit half are useless) before adding more and more.

In the other gun hand is the "gun laws punish law-abiding gun owners" bullshit.
Gun laws do punish the law abiding owners as HB554 in OR. shows and a lot more laws to come just as punishing, and I guarantee gun owners here are happy as pigs in shit. NOT.
Which bullshit is it? Do gun laws work or not? The people that are actually endangered are the innocent people that don't want to live in a wild west guntopia fantasy world. **** that individual entitlement to guns attitude. We tried that society; it sucked.
Very definitely all the new gun laws punish us and they don't work since if you aren't law abiding you won't follow them anyway.
And your "wild west" mind set is a Hollywood movie mindset.

Well I'm sure criminals would really appreciate that. There is nothing like politicians that like try to make safer working environments for criminals. I bet it really gives you a warm fuzzy feeling huh?

What if there were technological improvements of non-lethal means of self-defense?
I'm 100% ready for phasers. Stun and kill settings. I'd stick with stun.

Back
Top Bottom