• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What if School Shooter is a Cop?

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
What if the next school shooter is a cop? It's not exactly out of the question.

Florida sheriff's deputy who was hired as school security kills 3 family members and himself
A supervisor immediately joined the line to try and calm him down, and three other deputies located Strawn outside a high school in Plant City near Tampa, Sheriff Chad Chronister said Wednesday. Despite efforts to convince him otherwise, the deputy killed himself in front of his colleagues, the sheriff said.

...retired in 2017, Chronister said. He was hired back this summer in a temporary role as a school security deputy, the sheriff said, after county officials announced a plan to provide armed security at all elementary schools in the wake of February's mass school shooting in Parkland.

I guess we can send thoughts and prayers. But, let's face it. Hiring and arming hundreds of thousands of inadequately vetted people to patrol our schools is not going to solve a goddamned thing. And, it might actually just make things worse.

What we need is sensible gun control. Fast.

Last edited:
So no armed cops?

lol...you responded within a minute. I hadn't even edited the op yet. What, do you have a ping system set up?

Florida sheriff's deputy who was hired as school security kills 3 family members and himself

I guess we can send thoughts and prayers. But, let's face it. Hiring and arming hundreds of thousands of inadequately vetted people to patrol our schools is not going to solve a goddamned thing. And, it might actually just make things worse.

What we need is sensible gun control. Fast.

lol...you responded within a minute. I hadn't even edited the op yet. What, do you have a ping system set up?

To reiterate what Rucker61 said....

So no armed cops?

Try not to dodge this time mmkay? ;)

To reiterate what Rucker61 said....

So no armed cops?

Try not to dodge this time mmkay? ;)

Uh, the op isn't saying "no armed cops." It is, however, demonstrating that the gun nut solution to the school shooting problem is ****ing retarded.

No, just sitting around surfing before I go pick up the dog from the groomers.

Uh, the op isn't saying "no armed cops." It is, however, demonstrating that the gun nut solution to the school shooting problem is ****ing retarded.

So, how will "common sense gun laws" stop a cop from shooting up their family or a school if you continue to let cops be armed?

Then why did you title it "What if School Shooter is a Cop?" Are you saying do not allow cops to enter a school with a gun?

So, how will "common sense gun laws" stop a cop from shooting up their family or a school if you continue to let cops be armed?

He wouldn't have enough brains to go shoot up a school, if it's not his work place.

Then why did you title it "What if School Shooter is a Cop?" Are you saying do not allow cops to enter a school with a gun?

No. That is not what I am saying.

I'm guessing that you're realizing just how stupid your OPs premise is in order to say something like this.

Are you simply not getting the OP? Serious question.

Hint: The armed guard they hired to protect the school stood outside of it and killed himself.

Think that through.

Hint: The armed guard they hired to protect the school stood outside of it and killed himself.

Think that through.

So never allow anyone armed with a gun in or near a school?

Think that through.

So what do you want done about it? How is any "sensible gun control law" that does not include disarming a cop going to stop a crazy guy that is a cop from shooting up a school?

So never allow anyone armed with a gun in or near a school?

Yup. And no guns for the school resource officers.
Maybe we can give them whistles and signal mirrors.
They're on their own after dark, though.

Why do you use an example of a trained sheriff's deputy with 26 years of experience on the force as an example of "inadequately vetted people"?

So what do you want done about it? How is any "sensible gun control law" that does not include disarming a cop going to stop a crazy guy that is a cop from shooting up a school?

Why would we disarm cops? The op has nothing to do with regular cops. Try reading it.

He doesn't care about the cops; he just wants "real gun control now!".

Why do you use an example of a trained sheriff's deputy with 26 years of experience on the force as an example of "inadequately vetted people"?

He was retired until some idiots thought it would be a good idea to put an armed crazy person inside a school to work security.

Why would we disarm cops? The op has nothing to do with regular cops. Try reading it.

Already read it. Again....

Back
Top Bottom