• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What if School Shooter is a Cop?

Perhaps for those unable to connect simple dots, that would be true.
Sometimes those simple dots only make up a random, nonsensical pattern with no meaning. Like your thread.

I get what you are saying about the possibility of a work place shooting, but that seems highly improbable. My biggest concern about having cops at the school, armed or not, is the increased likelihood of teachers turning to the cop to handle nonviolent misbehaving students instead of the teachers handling it.

What if the next school shooter is a cop? It's not exactly out of the question.

Florida sheriff's deputy who was hired as school security kills 3 family members and himself

I guess we can send thoughts and prayers. But, let's face it. Hiring and arming hundreds of thousands of inadequately vetted people to patrol our schools is not going to solve a goddamned thing. And, it might actually just make things worse.
Domestic violence and mass shootings are not really analogous. People with restraining orders or DV complaints are not supposed to have guns.

calamity said:
What we need is sensible gun control. Fast.
We all ready have them. Just for fun what "sensible" gun control law would have prevented this incident.

Uh, the op isn't saying "no armed cops." It is, however, demonstrating that the gun nut solution to the school shooting problem is ****ing retarded.
How? This wasn't a random senseless shooting, it wasn't done with an AR-15 with a 200 round magazine and a bump stock. What exactly do you think it "demonstrated"?

Are you simply not getting the OP? Serious question.

Hint: The armed guard they hired to protect the school stood outside of it and killed himself.

Think that through.
What's to think through? IF he had turned on the school it would have turned into exactly the scenario you anti-gun nuts advocate - a school full of children and teachers with no way to protect themselves with a suicidal shooter stalking the halls.

Domestic violence and mass shootings are not really analogous. People with restraining orders or DV complaints are not supposed to have guns.

We all ready have them. Just for fun what "sensible" gun control law would have prevented this incident.

He doesn't want to prevent this incident - he wants to use it as an excuse not to consider armed security as a solution, but instead to implement "real gun control now!".

This is such a terrible sad story. He killed his beautiful daughter and his innocent 6 year old granddaughter. I can't imagine their terror when they realized who was going to kill them.

I don't see what this horrific story has to do, in any way shape or form, with gun control though.

I guess we can send thoughts and prayers. But, let's face it. Hiring and arming hundreds of thousands of inadequately vetted people to patrol our schools is not going to solve a goddamned thing. And, it might actually just make things worse.
You've obviously never been to Front Sight.

Which we've got.

Are you simply not getting the OP? Serious question.

Hint: The armed guard they hired to protect the school stood outside of it and killed himself.

Think that through.
And most cops don't kill themselves or innocent people.

He doesn't want to prevent this incident - he wants to use it as an excuse not to consider armed security as a solution, but instead to implement "real gun control now!".
Exactly. The guy obviously had family problems but because he's a cop and a school guard Calamity conflates it into some "Omigod, gun and school! The horrors!". Rational thought and logic are not part of the anti-gunners toolkit.

I'm guessing that you're realizing just how stupid your OPs premise is in order to say something like this.

its trolling pure and simple. no attempt to suggest a rational solution to the "problem" he complains of. Choices in society are about playing odds. The odds are armed cops or guards are more likely to stop a problem than to start one

Florida sheriff's deputy who was hired as school security kills 3 family members and himself

What if the next school shooter is a teacher?

What if the next school shooter is a principal?

What if the next school shooter is a parent?

What if the next school shooter is the janitor?

Which 'sensible' gun control will keep guns out of these people's hands?

So, how will "common sense gun laws" stop a cop from shooting up their family or a school if you continue to let cops be armed?

Yup...they're no better or safer than other citizens with guns.

A few examples:

--They commit suicide more often.

--One cop near here left a loaded gun in his glove box and left 2 kids alone in the van. 7 yr old son killed 3 yr old daughter with it.

--Another cop, in Tacoma, went to pick up his kids for 'his weekend' from his ex-wife. He shot her in the head, then himself, with his kids sitting in the back seat of the car.

--2 cops here went into a house, and didnt identify a man sleeping in bed in the basement, in the dark...it was the wrong man...and shot him 16 times. (And they were so incompetant, he didnt even die!).

Why would we disarm cops? The op has nothing to do with regular cops. Try reading it.

How was he not a regular cop? What did being retired change?

And what warning signs or background checks or anything else would have identified him?

How does sensible gun control do anything at all for law enforcement? They dont have to abide by gun laws, which is why police in states with assault weapons bans have assault weapons.

He wouldn't have enough brains to go shoot up a school, if it's not his work place.

Dont know where you live but I have yet to see a school in New England without an armed resource officer that are either retired or current police. Many Walmarts also now have police substations in them.

How does sensible gun control do anything at all for law enforcement? They dont have to abide by gun laws, which is why police in states with assault weapons bans have assault weapons.

The thread is not about law enforcement. It’s about school security using “deputies” who are crazy.

Why would we disarm cops? The op has nothing to do with regular cops. Try reading it.

He was a vetted security guard. You realize all the armored car drivers are vetted also and yet carry heavy firepower? Background checks, psych evals, gun safety training etc. What more would you like done?

Back
Top Bottom