• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Have You Got Against Canadians

Why are you guys banging on about "free"? No one said it's free.

It's said all the time. If you receive a service for which you don't pay, it's easy to call it free. And people do. All the time.

How many times have you been hospitalized in the last ten years for a serious illness or injury, one that is life changing?
Once.

My bill was just over $250,000. I'm filing bankruptcy over it.

I was a supporter of single-payer healthcare long before my illness happened. I want America to have a single-payer plan.

My criticism in this thread is that Canadian healthcare is not as good as Canada represents it. We go to Canada for affordable medication and Canadans come here for specialized treatment in a reasonable timeframe.

Once.

I was a supporter of single-payer healthcare long before my illness happened. I want America to have a single-payer plan.

My criticism in this thread is that Canadian healthcare is not as good as Canada represents it. We go to Canada for affordable medication and Canadans come here for specialized treatment in a reasonable timeframe.
Look up any ranking of heath care quality and the US and Canada are very close.

Look up any ranking of heath care quality and the US and Canada are very close.
Fair enough.

Slight change of topic, there's a growing number of Canadians who would like their gun rights restored. Maybe not to the extent of American gun rights but certainly many restrictions loosened.

Once.

I support a single payer OR universal plan too but I'm afraid your idea of American residents getting care, and then just throwing away the bill isn't workable if you have a chronic life-changing illness or life-threatening disability. And "Canada" is not representing anything. If you're Canadian and you can afford to PAY extra to either skip to a private insurer/provider or hop over to USA for private care, great.
But for a majority of Canadians that is not always an option, just as it isn't always an option for everyone here either.

And just throwing away your bill here just means others absorb the costs.

I read your entire post and agree. What's the difference between single-payer and nationalized? I've seen the terms used interchangeably, is there a difference I'm not seeing?

I don't know if it's all that important IF (and yes, a BIG if, of course) the system works for the largest number of people.
I mean, it IS important, I suppose but the most important thing is keeping people healthy and helping those who for whatever reason, are NOT.

The Veterans Administration has a system that serves ten million vets and it's sort kinda close to the British NHS in structure.
If you are disabled beyond something like 35 to 40 percent you get NO bill whatsoever.
No sorry I cannot remember where the line is simply because my disabled Navy vet wife has always been rated 100 percent disabled, and I used to know ALL the VA Math back when we first got her enrolled but that is almost twenty-five years ago and VA has been upgrading and trying to improve so a lot may have changed.
Anyway, that's VA, pretty close to UK NHS in the way it works.
Canada is quasi-socialized but they work alongside third party private providers and if I remember correctly so does Germany.

It would seem that California with its forty million residents COULD almost duplicate Canada's system but to date, the various entities submitting ideas to the Governor have sent the Guv's some incredibly sloppy slapdash plans and that is why year in and year out successive California governors VETO them one after another.
To outsiders it looks like hypocrisy I am sure:
"Hurrr durrrr!!! California libturds say that they want socialized medicine but their Guvernur keeps vetoing them!" Memeface11.jpg

No, just stop sending crap scribbled on a cocktail napkin and maybe there's a chance we can pass it.

I read your entire post and agree. What's the difference between single-payer and nationalized? I've seen the terms used interchangeably, is there a difference I'm not seeing?
Nationalized system the doctors work for the government. UK has that.

In a single payer system doctors are self employed in private practice. They bill the government on a fee for services basis and pay their own staff.

Canada has a single payer system.

Fair enough.

Slight change of topic, there's a growing number of Canadians who would like their gun rights restored. Maybe not to the extent of American gun rights but certainly many restrictions loosened.
There is only a small number of Canadians who would have had handguns as they were previously fairly restricted anyway. So there's not enough people to sway government policy imo.

There is only a small number of Canadians who would have had handguns as they were previously fairly restricted anyway. So there's not enough people to sway government policy imo.
I was one of those having an heirloom large frame Webley .455 and a Browning Highpower 9mm as personal owned handguns back when I was in the military in the 60's and just cannot see any relevant reasons other than range shooting for owning one today. How many Canadians would find the reasons of 'personal defense' or 'fun shooting' being pertinent enough to want the aggravation of owning one today? IMHO - miniscule numbers at best.

Amos, 46, who was captured nude during another House of Commons virtual meeting in April, said he would temporarily relinquish his committee duties and his role as parliamentary secretary to the minister of innovation, science and industry to "seek assistance."

He forgot to turn off the camera?

Meanwhile
The 🇨🇦 Smoke Bomb continues

As an asthmatic I find it assault.

More grazing, even goats is a solution
used successfully in Laguna Beach, Calif.
Anti grazing city dwelling folks have
created the fire problem.

Meanwhile
The 🇨🇦 Smoke Bomb continues

As an asthmatic I find it assault.

More grazing, even goats is a solution
used successfully in Laguna Beach, Calif.
Anti grazing city dwelling folks have
created the fire problem.
We've been lazy about raking our forests.

Hey; I got an idea. Supposing those Americans who believe the forest fires are the result of some negligence on the part of Canada that resulted in their having to tolerate the outcome were to agree their "negligence" results in 95% of all gun crimes in Canada being committed by firearms originating in their country. How about if we get the fires under control and stop the smoke, they in turn address their negligence in all those firearms crossing the border into Canada? We'll stop the smoke when you whiners agree to stop the guns - okie dokie?

Another thing I have against Canadians, being one myself, aside from the fact they want to be like Americans, is that they like to blame everyone else, when they, or rather we, are the main source of our own problems.
Especially the Trudeauean troglodyte virtue signalling China lovers
;)

The vast majority of us pronounce 'asphalt' wrong. It's 'ASS-phalt', not 'ASH-phalt'.

We can correct this national embarrassment if we spread the word.
It's worse than you know. Out west we pronounce it "ash-vault".

They play great hockey- the best players in the world. But only on American teams.

They are not Canadian enough. ;)

The 🇨🇦 "Smoke Bomb" continues ! eh

Back
Top Bottom