• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Have You Got Against Canadians

Canadian healthcare isn't nearly as good as Canadians say it it. Don't get me wrong, the US healthcare is absolut dog poo, but Americans at least admit it's dog poo.
Ummm no we don't. The Rabid Right calls our dog poo, the best health care system in the world. They absolutely refuse to demand cost cuts for long time drugs many Americans need to live... ✌️

Canadian healthcare isn't nearly as good as Canadians say it it. Don't get me wrong, the US healthcare is absolut dog poo, but Americans at least admit it's dog poo.
Canada and the US rank fairly close in quality rankings (Canada 14, USA 18).

The difference is accessibility. A Canadian resident never pays for care.

A Canadian resident never pays for care.
Canadian resident pays for care every payday whether they use the system or not. American residents get care, throw away the bill, it can't be reported to their credit, and in 7 years the bill goes away and the taxpayers pay for it anyway. Basically the same thing.

Canadians consume American media (since ours in Canada is crap) and think American problems are Canadian problems. Canadians want to copy Americans, like when there was a big push to defund the police. We had small-town city councils jumping on board, as if we have the same issues with police and blacks like Americans do. Canadians assume we have the same problems with race relations that Americans do. BLM movement in Canada.
The night they had riots in US over the Rodney King incident, Canadians trashed and looted stores on Yonge Street. That was a good one. Now we have a premier who wants to bring in privatized health care. CRT in schools. Scorched earth politics- all imported from USA.

Canadian resident pays for care every payday whether they use the system or not. American residents get care, throw away the bill, it can't be reported to their credit, and in 7 years the bill goes away and the taxpayers pay for it anyway. Basically the same thing.
It's about $496 average per person*, with no restrictions on care. Reasonable imo.

*it escalates based on income. Highest income Canucks (top 10%) will pay a maximum of 38k.

Canadian resident pays for care every payday whether they use the system or not.

There are exactly ZERO people that do not use healthcare. DERP.

American residents get care, throw away the bill, it can't be reported to their credit, and in 7 years the bill goes away and the taxpayers pay for it anyway. Basically the same thing.

You sound very very ignorant of the realities of Ameritard "healthcare".

Lets just say: there are a LOT of FrEeDuMbZ$™ that come with Ameritard healthcare. Not a real great arrangement. For the consumer anyway.

It's about $496 average per person*, with no restrictions on care. Reasonable imo.

*it escalates based on income. Highest income Canucks (top 10%) will pay a maximum of 38k.

C'mon. Fess up.

You're just jealous of gnarlee Ameritard Healthcare FrEeDuMbZ$™.

Aren't you.

On a daily basis? Every single Canadian is going to the hospital on a daily basis? Because you're paying for it on a daily basis.
Stupid comment.

Canadian healthcare isn't free, either.
No one said it's free. On average we pay $496 per year for it as part of our taxes.

Your post, which I called stupid, was in response to Peacfulwarrior.
Yup.

You said Canadians don't pay for healthcare, when in fact Canadians pay for healthcare every day in taxes. Americans only pay when they go to the hospital, so the equivalent is if Canadians are going to the hospital every day because Canadians are paying every day.

Ok, so if climate change gets baaaad, will Trudeau pay for cleaning up the water contamination in your igloos? This is some serious shit right here. Amirite? No problems. A few Molsens and who cares!

You said Canadians don't pay for healthcare,
That's not what I said.
when in fact Canadians pay for healthcare every day in taxes.
I said we paid through our taxes, twice.
Americans only pay when they go to the hospital, so the equivalent is if Canadians are going to the hospital every day because Canadians are paying every day.
You pay every time you get any type of care, not only when you go to the hospital.

As for paying every day I pay about average - $1.34 per day.

If I need bypass surgery I pay $1.34 per day for the pre-op tests, the operation, the hospital stay and the rehab and follow up. No co-pays (they don't even exist here).

What do you pay for bypass? 30K to 200K depending on complexity. And that's just for the operation and hospital stay. The follow up is extra.

Canada and the US rank fairly close in quality rankings (Canada 14, USA 18).

The difference is accessibility. A Canadian resident never pays for care.

Never pays directly. Every time you buy something you're paying a portion to 'free' health care.

Never pays directly. Every time you buy something you're paying a portion to 'free' health care.
Why are you guys banging on about "free"? No one said it's free.

How many times have you been hospitalized in the last ten years for a serious illness or injury, one that is life changing?

Back
Top Bottom