• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What does the term cracker mean to you?

What does the term cracker mean to you?

• A Florida native

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • A Georgia native

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pejorative term for a white person

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters
Another form of division amongst Americans. Sadly it seems we must be divided so the government can reestablish parody. To me government simply needs to create opportunity that citizens can freely choose to use in bettering themselves. Sometimes that opportunity comes in the form of not meddling.

It's a racist slur for white people.

I think it depends on the user. It can be racial, or it can be a class based slur for whites. In such cases, the equivelent towards blacks would be that person "X" is "ghetto".

It means a cookie in England...or a salty treat (sorta LIKE a cookie) here in America. I lived in the Deep South for over 30 years, and I never heard any PERSON called a "cracker".

Its a North -South thing.

A delicious crispy snack.

Goes well with soup and chili.

with chili or my favorite chili con carne we use white bread that is toasted and then I shred/rip it up and mix it through the bowl/plate of chili con carne and then just eat with a spoon. The toasted bread soaks up the sauce and is awesome in it (or at least that is my opinion).

I had a black chief engineer on a torpedo retriever who called me "cracker" every morning. If he called me by my real name, I knew he was pissed.

I waited until others responded, but here's what I think of:

Cracker House

Panoramio - Photo of Florida cracker house, moved here, Heritage Village, Graceville Fla (1-2-2012)

87524864.jpg

Since I'm older I identify with Honky.

A computer wiz or someone who breaks into safes...

I first heard the term when I lived in Florida. It seems to have other meanings.

It comes from the good old boys sitting around the country store and a cracker barrel was common in there, so was used to refer to them, had nothing to do with whipping. It morphed into a derogatory term for whites and is considered almost on par with the N would which also did not start out associated with blacks.

I think it depends on the user. It can be racial, or it can be a class based slur for whites. In such cases, the equivelent towards blacks would be that person "X" is "ghetto".

Fair point, though I've only seen it be used in a racist fashion.

I first heard the term when I lived in Florida. It seems to have other meanings.

A delicious carbohydrate-laden instrument to put smoked cheese and smoked meats into my mouth.

Also a term that sometimes white people pretend to get upset over, generally to cover their own white privilege.

great with cheese and the right kind of mustard.

Heres a twist. Would 'white' be a separate racial category? My ancestry an mixed heritage has me darker than most white people and during the summer months where there is plenty of fishing and golfing involved darker than some 'black' people. Also...since Im sixth generation American, 'Native' comes into play Im pretty sure.

White is a silly racial descriptor.

When coupled with Brie the term cracker means yum...

Is an asscracker different than a regular cracker?

And Im pretty sure 'cracka' is considered a positive nickname whereas 'cracker' is considered very offensive to some. Except in formal circles where "greetings, my excellent cracker" is considered quite posh.

The liberals have ruined it with that whole "Saltine American" bull****.

Last edited:
Is an asscracker different than a regular cracker?

And Im pretty sure 'cracka' is considered a positive nickname whereas 'cracker' is considered very offensive to some. Except in formal circles where "greetings, my excellent cracker".

The liberals have ruined it with that whole "Saltine American" bull****.

Isn't Obama half a cracker? I know he is a full nut...

Back
Top Bottom