• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What does India have that we don't?

HCQ has been widely used across India to treat early-stage COVID-19. It is also prescribed for prophylaxis among those who have come into contact with people who have tested positive. So, HCQ is used in India only as a preventive and in early stage COVID, not for hospitalized cases as one might infer from the OP.

Additionally, there have not been the study that gives the scientific support of HCQ as a preventive or treatment of early stage COVID as has study that indicates HCQ is not an effective preventive.

‘ "We see from this large retrospective review that this drug is ineffective in preventing Covid-19 in these patients who have been taking HCQ," he added."If HCQ were effective in prevention, we would have seen fewer HCQ-taking SLE (lupus)/RA (rheumatoid arthritis) patients with Covid-19, but did not," the study authors noted.’

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/wo...ntive-antiviral-against-covid-19-study-642972

It cannot be said there is scientific proof-study that HCQ helps prevent or cure COVID vs as a benefit greater than the medical risk.

Ever heard the saying "better to remain silent and be thought ignorant than to speak and remove all doubt"?

If only this was applied to the OP

As for India

It will likely have a large number of undiagnosed cases and as such deaths. It has a very young population which will also help in keeping cases towards the mild side

A note to Americans or more directly American Trump supporters

The world does not revolve around getting rid of Trump. Economies in Europe, Canada, and Asia have been greatly effected by decisions made to combat the virus. The various levels of government in Canada would not have shut down business's, incurred massive debts, provided billions in economic aid to millions effected by Covid 19 just to "get Trump". The persecution complex that you have is idiotic

Looking at the Worldometer daily charts I've noticed someone interesting. India, a country with 1.3 billion people somehow has had few COVID cases than us: 5.6 million vs our 7.0 million; has had slightly more recoveries 4.5 mil vs our 4.3 mil, has less than a million active cases vs our 2.5 million and has about 9000 "serious/critical" cases. BUT, the most interesting stat I've been noticing is the "daily recover" columnn (click on "columns" button, scroll down and click checkbox). On a day to day basis India is kicking our ass on getting COVID sufferers back on the their feet.

One of the prime reasons for this is that India as a nation doesn't suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome rather than listen to medical advice and has been aggressively using HCQ. Maybe we should take a lesson from India?
I believe your post but it would be helpful if you could show the left proof that they are aggressively using HCQ. Also, India is further behind us on the timeline. They were a late starter and are now catching up fast. We are currently on a downward trend at 35,000 new cases per day while they are on an upward trend at 80,000 new cases per day.

Try going to India- they happen to eat curry there.

What a moronic comment.
No, they do not eat "curry". There is no word, 'curry' in India. We, Europeans, invented curry-a bastardised and Westernised version of Indian cuisine, adapted for European tastes. You'll learn one day. Allow me to speed things along for you:

No, they do not eat "curry". There is no word, 'curry' in India. We, Europeans, invented curry-a bastardised and Westernised version of Indian cuisine, adapted for European tastes. You'll learn one day. Allow me to speed things along for you:

Another moronic reply

Curry is a variety of dishes originating in the Indian subcontinent that use a complex combination of spices or herbs, usually including ground turmeric, cumin, coriander, ginger, and fresh or dried chilies. In southern India, where the word originated

Looking at the Worldometer daily charts I've noticed someone interesting. India, a country with 1.3 billion people somehow has had few COVID cases than us: 5.6 million vs our 7.0 million; has had slightly more recoveries 4.5 mil vs our 4.3 mil, has less than a million active cases vs our 2.5 million and has about 9000 "serious/critical" cases. BUT, the most interesting stat I've been noticing is the "daily recover" columnn (click on "columns" button, scroll down and click checkbox). On a day to day basis India is kicking our ass on getting COVID sufferers back on the their feet.

One of the prime reasons for this is that India as a nation doesn't suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome rather than listen to medical advice and has been aggressively using HCQ. Maybe we should take a lesson from India?

Perhaps it should be asked: How widespread is India's Coronavirus testing? And are post-mortem medical examinations taking place to determine whether or not people who have died from acute respiratory failure died from the virus?

... are post-mortem medical examinations taking place to determine whether or not people who have died from acute respiratory failure died from the virus?

in rural areas, where most of India's population lives, most deaths occur outside the hospital, which can delay registration. “Among the deaths registered under the civil registration system, only 22% are medically certified nationally with cause of death.”

source

only 22% of all registered deaths get an official cause of death

source

Many epidemiologists attribute this relatively low fatality rate to a young population - the elderly are typically more vulnerable. It is not clear whether other factors, such as immunity deriving from previous infections from other coronaviruses, are also responsible. Also, they point to a pattern of low mortality in South Asian countries that share a similar demographic of a younger population: reported Covid-19 deaths per million are 22 in Bangladesh and 28 in Pakistan.

Also ... some believe that there is substantial undercounting in several states.

For one, many states, in contravention of World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines, are not adding suspected cases in the final count.

Second, a handful of states are heavily attributing Covid-19 deaths to patients' underlying conditions or co-morbidities. ... for example, the number of deaths grew by just 49% in the last two months, even as the caseload leapt by a whopping 329%.

Third, there have been reported discrepancies between the official toll from the virus and counts from crematoria and burial grounds in some cities.

... only one in four deaths in India is certified for a cause. "Of course there is under-counting as we have weak health surveillance systems," says Oommen C Kurian of the Observer Research Foundation, a Delhi-based think tank. "But the question is about the scale of under-counting."

source

I believe your post but it would be helpful if you could show the left proof that they are aggressively using HCQ. Also, India is further behind us on the timeline. They were a late starter and are now catching up fast. We are currently on a downward trend at 35,000 new cases per day while they are on an upward trend at 80,000 new cases per day.
I got give them a gold-sealed message from God and they wouldn't believe it because of Trump. When you look at cases per day, don't forget to look also at recoveries per day. Earlier this morning the had 7000 MORE recoveries than new cases and about half the number of serious/critical case they we do.

Unfortunately it's what we have that is the difference:

1TRump.jpg

I wouldn't put too much stock into the results from India. They still have slavery and a lot of people could have died or been seriously sick and nobody even cares. They could have had a lot more cases where the people never even sought medical help.

What does India have that we don't?

Malaria?

Look at the world meter and notice how months after the breakout of the pandemic India STILL has a veryyyy low number of tests per million

India as for now has 47,791 tests per 1 million when the US has 302,935 tests per million.

In other words, with such low technological ability to detect coronavirus infections, any number about the supposedly low Indian coronavirus deaths is veryyy dubious. Most probably they have already experienced a much higher number of coronavirus deaths but they are not aware of it.

Take a look at their testing numbers compared to the US. India was a country I was worried about early on because of it's massive population, urban density, and poverty. One has to wonder what the actual numbers are since access to healthcare isn't as easy there as it would be in other countries; especially once you hit impoverished rural areas. Many of the poor there don't have the option of social distancing since they live in small living quarters shared by a lot of people. Many also can't work at home because without work, they cannot survive.

Take a look at their testing numbers compared to the US. India was a country I was worried about early on because of it's massive population, urban density, and poverty. One has to wonder what the actual numbers are since access to healthcare isn't as easy there as it would be in other countries; especially once you hit impoverished rural areas.

In short, most probably it is not a matter of "what India has that we don't." It is the opposite: what India does not have that we do. And it seems that we have a much better ability to detect the consequences of the pandemic.

Look at the world meter and notice how months after the breakout of the pandemic India STILL has a veryyyy low number of tests per million

India as for now has 47,791 tests per 1 million when the US has 302,935 tests per million.

In other words, with such low technological ability to detect coronavirus infections, any number about the supposedly low Indian coronavirus deaths is veryyy dubious. Most probably they have already experienced a much higher number of coronavirus deaths but they are not aware of it.
The numbers I'm focusing on are their recovery rate and "serious/critical" cases. Those would be test-based.

The numbers I'm focusing on are their recovery rate and "serious/critical" cases. Those would be test-based.

Since India's detected wave came months later (and deaths lag detected infections) than the US, you cannot make a direct comparison of any rate until the Indian first wave is actually over.

Notice that India is not even close to recession.
You could see something similar in the US states like TX and Florida which a few months ago, had a better recovery rate than CA but now their rate is worse.

Since India's detected wave came months later (and deaths lag detected infections) than the US, you cannot make a direct comparison of any rate until the Indian first wave is actually over.

Notice that India is not even close to recession.
You could see something similar in the US states like TX and Florida which a few months ago, had a better recovery rate than CA but now their rate is worse.

Also, it is reasonable to think that when tests are scarce resources, the allocation strategy will be also affected. Older and poor people (who are not essential workers and often are not even capable of or willing to go to hospitals when they have symptoms similar to flue) will be underrepresented in the tested population which will affect recovery rates since younger adults (with better chances of recovery) will be more likely to be detected. Notice by the way how even in the US, nursing homes were at the bottom of the priority list regarding getting testing kits which was one of the reasons why they became hotspots of coronavirus deaths before anybody could realize the extend of the problem there.

Curry is a European invention. There is no word for 'curry' in India, and you won't find 'curry powder' in an Indian food store.
Picky, picky, picky.

Besides he probably thinks that Chinese Checkers was invented in China.

Back
Top Bottom