• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What does India have that we don't?

Looking at the Worldometer daily charts I've noticed someone interesting. India, a country with 1.3 billion people somehow has had few COVID cases than us: 5.6 million vs our 7.0 million; has had slightly more recoveries 4.5 mil vs our 4.3 mil, has less than a million active cases vs our 2.5 million and has about 9000 "serious/critical" cases. BUT, the most interesting stat I've been noticing is the "daily recover" columnn (click on "columns" button, scroll down and click checkbox). On a day to day basis India is kicking our ass on getting COVID sufferers back on the their feet.

One of the prime reasons for this is that India as a nation doesn't suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome rather than listen to medical advice and has been aggressively using HCQ. Maybe we should take a lesson from India?
Cheaper drugs.

HCQ cost 80 cents a tablet.

I expect that even after the end of the pandemic cycle, that the Indian numbers of recovery will be very good (probably better than in western countries) because India is a veryyyy young nation with a life expectancy of only 67.5

Since India has a much smaller percentage of its population older than 65 years old (compared to other developed nations), it is much more probable that an Indian patient will see a recovery from a coronavirus infection than a western patient because on average he is quite younger than his counterpart in developed nations. Recall that over 80% of coronavirus deaths are concentrated within the age group of +65.

Last edited:
HCQ cost 80 cents a tablet.

That, according to peer reviewed studies, do not work. The 'studies' from India are suspect.

In fact, that article from Indiatvnew is quoting someone who has come out with a study that actually contradicts the claim in that article

That study is from the person that india tv news quoted. I'll take an actual study published by a university rather than the word of an India web site anyday.

Last edited:
India's testing ability is behind many other countries, and it's especially hard to determine victims among the poor. Especially if the government is not that interested in publishing correct statistics anyways.

The numbers I'm focusing on are their recovery rate and "serious/critical" cases. Those would be test-based.

According to worldometer, you are focusing on an highly unreliable number.

"Recoveries = this statistic is highly imperfect, because reporting can be missing, incomplete, incorrect, based on different definitions, or dated (or a combination of all of these) for many governments, both at the local and national level, sometimes with differences between states within the same country or counties within the same state..."

Tell me you wouldn't if your doctor recommended it. Is TDS worth your life?
You should be asking yourself that question. I wear a mask in public, ask your president why he doesn't and makes fun of folks who do. It seems to me he puts a lot of people in danger at his rallies not wearing a mask and encouraging them not to. Sad.

Looking at the Worldometer daily charts I've noticed someone interesting. India, a country with 1.3 billion people somehow has had few COVID cases than us: 5.6 million vs our 7.0 million; has had slightly more recoveries 4.5 mil vs our 4.3 mil, has less than a million active cases vs our 2.5 million and has about 9000 "serious/critical" cases. BUT, the most interesting stat I've been noticing is the "daily recover" columnn (click on "columns" button, scroll down and click checkbox). On a day to day basis India is kicking our ass on getting COVID sufferers back on the their feet.

One of the prime reasons for this is that India as a nation doesn't suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome rather than listen to medical advice and has been aggressively using HCQ. Maybe we should take a lesson from India?

How could a sensitive virus survive long enough in that shit hole?

What is HCQ. Also, maybe people from India have some natural immunity. I have heard of one place in Italy where the people's genetics there make them less prone to having problems from cholesterol. Another thing is that many more people in India are exposed to filth. Such as monkeys that carry a deadly form of herpes. There are also many who bathe in filthy river water. I also saw something on TV once about a temple they have there where people worship rats. They showed one person eating with them and letting them crawl all over him. I will also show you a picture of people in India taking a crap out in public. Apparently, a common practice there. Maybe the reason why coronavirus isn't effecting them as much is that all of the germs they are exposed to has strengthened their immune system.

shitting in the open.jpg

That, according to peer reviewed studies, do not work. The 'studies' from India are suspect.
Tell me you wouldn't if your doctor recommended it. Is TDS worth your life?
The thing is, my doctor goes my peer reviewed medical journals, not politicians making unsupported claims.

You should be asking yourself that question. I wear a mask in public, ask your president why he doesn't and makes fun of folks who do. It seems to me he puts a lot of people in danger at his rallies not wearing a mask and encouraging them not to. Sad.
There's no question in my mind: with my doctor's concurrence I'd take HCQ. The rest of your BS isn't worth addressing.

How could a sensitive virus survive long enough in that shit hole?
I was wondering how that dealt with masking and social distancing in some of the horrendous slum areas.

What is HCQ. Also, maybe people from India have some natural immunity. I have heard of one place in Italy where the people's genetics there make them less prone to having problems from cholesterol. Another thing is that many more people in India are exposed to filth. Such as monkeys that carry a deadly form of herpes. There are also many who bathe in filthy river water. I also saw something on TV once about a temple they have there where people worship rats. They showed one person eating with them and letting them crawl all over him. I will also show you a picture of people in India taking a crap out in public. Apparently, a common practice there. Maybe the reason why coronavirus isn't effecting them as much is that all of the germs they are exposed to has strengthened their immune system.

View attachment 67296367
HCQ= Hydroxychloroquinine. I'm not doctor, but I suppose there may be some genetic reason for these numbers.

India continues to progress. for the last few days their recoveries count has exceeded new case count. That's real progress.

India continues to progress. for the last few days their recoveries count has exceeded new case count. That's real progress.

India will have a very impressive recovery rate because it has a veryyyyy young population (life expectancy less than 68 years IIRC and only 5% of total population above 65), which means that patients are generally much younger and will survive at much higher rates than patients in developed western countries with older populations.

India will have a very impressive recovery rate because it has a veryyyyy young population (life expectancy less than 68 years IIRC and only 5% of total population above 65), which means that patients are generally much younger and will survive at much higher rates than patients in developed western countries with older populations.

Not because of the miracle cure Trump didn't take when he got COVID? Hmm!

Not because of the miracle cure Trump didn't take when he got COVID? Hmm!
HCQ is not a "miracle drug" nor it is indicated for every patient. India, however, has used HCQ quite extensively, but they don't have Trump, so I guess that's ok.

Back
Top Bottom