• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think of Trump’s bloodbath comment?

What do you think of Trump’s bloodbath comment?

• Total voters
Most liberals and low information voters don't know that offshoring our production to cheap labor countries has undermined our own working class and weakens our national security.

Your comment means nothing.
Ridiculous. This is one of the key things that liberals do know. Liberals are not synonymous with low information voters. The other day, a really stupid woman was questioned by a journalist and thought that Biden was responsible for the Supreme Court overturning Roe v Wade because it happened while he was president. I can't imagine any liberal being that ignorant.

But it works with folks who aren't into paying deep attention towards understanding how the current economic situation came about, and how it could have been much worse, and that it is actually getting better in dribs and drabs.

They-we are still suffering the results of everyday items aka gas and groceries being inflated on their pricing.

People's kitchen table's are still not what they were, and it will be the incumbent President who will suffer at the Polls for it, it is kitchen table politics.

Fair?

No.

But that is how it is.

Remember James Carville, his helping get Bill Clinton a win at the Polls in 1992, with a catchy phrase, "It's the Economy, stupid!"
Exactly, there is some very smart people out there who think they can win voters around with charts and statistics. It’s like some guy trying to pick up a woman at a bar because he has done a qualitative analysis on their compatibility and has the data to prove it.

I haven't read the thread yet-- has anyone mentioned yet how often Lefty pundits use the term "bloodbath" whenever it suits them?
Well, shame on those Lefty pundits!

Who were they?

Give us the quotes so I can send each of them a sternly worded, return receipt, letter of admonishment!

Thanks in advance!

Of course, as we all should know, Lefty pundits or Righty pundits, using that word "bloodbath" are not at all equivalent to KING MAGAT aka Donald Trump, whose previous exhortations of political lies and harsh political rhetoric, undoubtedly, was the inspiration for thousands of his followers to engage in civil unrest, violence, rioting, and the spilling of blood in our Nation's Capitol on January 6th, 2021.

I mean, sane, rational, intelligent, and politically astute people know that KING MAGAT already has (figuratively if not literally) blood on his hands, for his part in J6.

So there is that bit of difference.

Last edited:
So is bloodbath I’m not saying it was was a great choice of words but it’s not uncommon for people to use that kind of language. The word War is used all the time.
The word bloodbath isn't the word war. "Bloodbath" can't help connote people or animals literally spilling a lot of blood, even when it's used metaphorically, but "war" doesn't have to connote literal deaths and serious bodily injuries partly because it's a more ambiguous word literally.

In some non-literate societies, war is quite different from our huge world wars. Warriors dress up in feathers and paint to fight each other, but if it rains, they call it off because it spoils their feathers and paint. If one guy is injured, they may call time out to have people carry him off the battle field so his wound can be treated.

We also have lots of expressions with the word such as "a war of words," "a war of minds" or "battle of wits." Show me similar expressions with "bloodbath."

Ridiculous. This is one of the key things that liberals do know. Liberals are not synonymous with low information voters. The other day, a really stupid woman was questioned by a journalist and thought that Biden was responsible for the Supreme Court overturning Roe v Wade because it happened while he was president. I can't imagine any liberal being that ignorant.
Thank you, @choiceone. You've saved me from 'splaining that to other low information individuals.(y)

Exactly, there is some very smart people out there who think they can win voters around with charts and statistics. It’s like some guy trying to pick up a woman at a bar because he has done a qualitative analysis on their compatibility and has the data to prove it.
Excellent summation!

The word bloodbath isn't the word war. "Bloodbath" can't help connote people or animals literally spilling a lot of blood, even when it's used metaphorically, but "war" doesn't have to connote literal deaths and serious bodily injuries partly because it's a more ambiguous word literally.

In some non-literate societies, war is quite different from our huge world wars. Warriors dress up in feathers and paint to fight each other, but if it rains, they call it off because it spoils their feathers and paint. If one guy is injured, they may call time out to have people carry him off the battle field so his wound can be treated.

We also have lots of expressions with the word such as "a war of words," "a war of minds" or "battle of wits." Show me similar expressions with "bloodbath.

Well, shame on those Lefty pundits!

Who were they?

Give us the quotes so I can send each of them a sternly worded, return receipt, letter of admonishment!

Thanks in advance!

Of course, as we all should know, Lefty pundits or Righty pundits, using that word "bloodbath" are not at all equivalent to KING MAGAT aka Donald Trump, whose previous exhortations of political lies and harsh political rhetoric, undoubtedly, was the inspiration for thousands of his followers to engage in civil unrest, violence, rioting, and the spilling of blood in our Nation's Capitol on January 6th, 2021.
Your boundless sincerity impresses me enough to tell you to start writing down names when you reach the 05:43 point:

Early April Fool!-- which you would be, if you believed that I credited anything from someone reciting all the bromides of the Mad Lib MSM.

I mean, sane, rational, intelligent, and politically astute people know that KING MAGAT already has (figuratively if not literally) blood on his hands, for his part in J6.

So there is that bit of difference.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting...just one point, I would rather want someone who qualifies according to their merit instead of skin color,
LOL! Of course you would! No one except white males wee qualified for nomination to the Supeme Court because few to none, other than white males, had experience serving on the federal appeals court. Your opinion results in a 150 year wait for meaningful change, until Obama and now Biden.

Republicans are fine with no black women in the Republican House and Senate caucuses and the Bush-Trump five consecutive white Roman catholic
nominations to the Supreme Court emphasizes what I am against and you apparently have no objection to.

SR_23.12.01_BidenJudges_2.png

Last edited:
Last edited:

Good for you, I see you found examples. I'm not surprised that they're financial. I have the feeling that guys into Wall Street might not think what the rest of us do about the "bloodbath" word use, as they think that if someone makes them lose a lot of money, they'll absolutely die.

LOL! Of course you would! No one except white males wee qualified for nomination to the Supeme Court because few to none, other than white males, had experience serving on the federal appeals court. Your opinion results in a 150 year wait for meaningful change, until Obama and now Biden.

Republicans are fine with no black women in the Republican House and Senate caucuses and the Bush-Trump five consecutive white Roman catholic
nominations to the Supreme Court emphasizes what I am against and you apparently have no objection to.

SR_23.12.01_BidenJudges_2.png
Since Obama and Biden became president after there were more women than men among college graduates, the only surprise is trump.

What is a ridiculous joke is the selective hearing by Trumpers, then claiming what he says or means something else. Did you listen to his speech? Every single word, every nauseating spoken message in context? Because if you did, you would know exactly what Trump spoke about, from a podium, into a microphone.

“If I get elected… now if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath, for the whole… that’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That’ll be the least of it. If this election, if this election isn’t won, I’m not sure that you’ll ever have another election in this country. Does that make sense? I don’t think you can have another election in this country if we don’t win this election. I don’t think you’re going to have another election, or certainly not an election that’s meaningful. And we better get out or we better… I actually say that the date… remember this… November 5th…I believe it’s going to be the most important date in the history of our country. I believe that.”

The reference to the auto industry nonsense like the 100% tariffs is “the least of it.” That’s it. Auto industry = least of it. I love how the right always seems to leave out words, phrases, and the proper context.
The joke is on you:
Since the beginning of the year, liberal media networks MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, and ABC have expressed concerns that the GOP will triumph over Democrats in the 2022 midterms, with many hosts asking how President Biden can save the party from an impending bloodbath.

Since Obama and Biden became president after there were more women than men among college graduates, the only surprise is trump.
Since there are more women in America than men.....I guess that would explain it, don't you think?

Since there are more women in America than men.....I guess that would explain it, don't you think?
No, because there have been more women than men, and more women than men voting, for quite a number of decades. The more educated women thing might not work by itself - I'm still trying to work this out.

Trump says a lot of stupid stuff, and he should be taken to task when he does. In this instance it's quite clear that he's talking about what will happen to the auto industry / the economy if he is or isn't elected. Yet another example of a biased media taking a snippet out of context and creating a mountain out of a molecule. It's a shame that the media wastes its credibility on stuff like this. If you just wait, Trump will say something that's really worth criticizing.

Trump says a lot of stupid stuff, and he should be taken to task when he does. In this instance it's quite clear that he's talking about what will happen to the auto industry / the economy if he is or isn't elected. Yet another example of a biased media taking a snippet out of context and creating a mountain out of a molecule. It's a shame that the media wastes its credibility on stuff like this. If you just wait, Trump will say something that's really worth criticizing.

You conveniently forget Trump is the personality leading a cult he holds sway over to an extent not seen in the U.S. since Jim Jones and
on a scale never seen before. They attacked the Capitol under the influence of similar Trump descriptions of violence and readily admitted it in court.

BTW, Trump said "country," meaning bloodbath not confined to vanished auto assembly line jobs.

BTW, Trump said "country," meaning bloodbath not confined to vanished auto assembly line jobs.
Trump made a speech about automobile tariffs that would only happen if he were elected and used the word "bloodbath" to describe what would happen if he weren't elected and continued to talk about automobile tariffs after the bloodbath sentence. It's crystal clear from any honest reading of the speech IN CONTEXT that he was talking about the effect him not being elected would have on the automobile industry / the economy and not a call for violence. It can only be interpreted as a call to violence by taking the sentence OUT OF CONTEXT, as you have done. Or more likely, your favorite media took it out of context for you.

Like I said, Trump says lots of things that deserve criticism, but this yet another example of TDS.

Trump made a speech about automobile tariffs that would only happen if he were elected and used the word "bloodbath" to describe what would happen if he weren't elected and continued to talk about automobile tariffs after the bloodbath sentence. It's crystal clear from any honest reading of the speech IN CONTEXT that he was talking about the effect him not being elected would have on the automobile industry / the economy and not a call for violence. It can only be interpreted as a call to violence by taking the sentence OUT OF CONTEXT, as you have done. Or more likely, your favorite media took it out of context for you.

Like I said, Trump says lots of things that deserve criticism, but this yet another example of TDS.

"TDS" and irresistible attraction to Trump resulting in the cult of personality cannot both be valid. Only one of the two exist.

Trump reflexively lies, claiming he does not know he's using it, months after he was first criticized for using the language of Mussolini and Hitler,

Last edited:
"TDS" and irresistible attraction to Trump resulting in the cult of personality cannot both be valid. Only one of the two exist.
Nonsense. Both exist depending on the political bias of the owner. Leftists exhibit TDS. You, for example. Right wingers are attracted to Trump's cult of personality.

That said, your post is an evasion from the actual topic at hand, the fact that if one actually listens to the speech it's obvious that Trump was talking about the bloodbath in economic terms, not advocating violence. Which is why you're avoiding it.

Back
Top Bottom