• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What do you actually intend to do in heaven?

Rowan

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The thought:

Hypothetically, if heaven exists, what do you actually intend to do there, forever?
if you had absolutely complete freedom to be, to exist
how would you live? what would you do?
What do you live for?
If the fundamental core of that which you are actually met god[/I](with a capital G i might add), what would you do?Forever.
and ever
and ever.

Could Freedom be slavery after all?

Heaven does exist.

And we cannot yet see what it will be like.
John tried to describe a little of it in Revelation, but his words failed him.
the best he could do was say "It was like......unto...."

rather than give exact pictures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember when Jesus turned water into wine?
And then the host of the wedding drank it, and said is was even better than the expensive wine that had run out.

This is a picture of heaven.
What the Lord creates there for His followers, even the most ordinary things like 'heavenly water' will be BETTER than the best wine possible on earth.

Paul writes that after his vision of the heaven, it would be a CRIME to discuss it with words.

Heaven is beyond our capacity to imagine.
But it is far far better, than anything that we CAN imagine.

Jesus turned the water into wine, to show what God can do, and what His creative potential can do.

So there is no way to answer you question--
except to say that we will serve the Lord, and be utterly AMAZED at what He has created for His followers to share with Him.

Hello Pogo! (Fantastic character. Was he not the inspiration for Bill Wattersons Calvin and Hobbes?)

I think heaven would be indescribable because we would be there without our senses. Our eyes ears sense of smell would all have had to have been left behind with our body. I guess our feelings and sensations would have to go too, because we would lose the chemicals and all the energy which would allow us to percive them. Rational thought would be left behind with the mind.
i think death must just be a release from this state.
as if we 'de densify'
All the soul is is the energy that keeps you alive. And That energy just dissapates.

But i dont think that will be a bad thing. We lose all sense of reality, and relativity every night when we fall asleep, and it doesnt matter to us.
After REM we are without consciousness.

If I believed in heaven, why I'd sit around on my flat lazy as*. I'm in paradise!
Yippee!

Does Christianity allow you to question your faith?
If not, why?

ultimately Its your own desicion i know, so i wont try to make you - Coz I can understand why you might not want to;
If these are you fundamental acceptances of reality, then to question them would be to up root and almost destroy your whole paradigm of that which reality is to you. by doing this you take apart how you relate to reality, which leaves you in a place where you fear that your judgement is doubtable.

if you feel that it is of no benefit to you to do this, i guess obviously you wont.

If you feel threatened, if someone is condeming you, or questioning your paradigm, you will become more defensive for what you believe in.

I always find it interesting how strong the conservatives appear. They are defending their way of life, which is fundamentaly determined by that which they believe. Why would they do that unless they felt threatened?
and the more threatened they become the more rooted they become.

But by nature, to survive we must adapt and change, and that means changing how we think. Or at least at assessing what can change.

If it were for the survival of all that is you and what you care for, would you question your beliefs?

Rowan said:
Hello Pogo! (Fantastic character. Was he not the inspiration for Bill Wattersons Calvin and Hobbes?)

I think heaven would be indescribable because we would be there without our senses. Our eyes ears sense of smell would all have had to have been left behind with our body. I guess our feelings and sensations would have to go too, because we would lose the chemicals and all the energy which would allow us to percive them. Rational thought would be left behind with the mind.
i think death must just be a release from this state.
as if we 'de densify'
All the soul is is the energy that keeps you alive. And That energy just dissapates.

But i dont think that will be a bad thing. We lose all sense of reality, and relativity every night when we fall asleep, and it doesnt matter to us.
After REM we are without consciousness.

So to you, Heaven is the state of not existing? Yikes.

So to you, Heaven is the state of not existing? Yikes.

only if you say existence is based on our body.

i intend to discuss with my iternal creator, i intend to be a messanger of peace (since no human can become an angel...God had already chosen his angels).

hello y not peace.

You intend to have a discussion with him?
So even in your heaven you are separate.
What would you ask him?

**** my pants and nervously look around for the bus with "TO HELL" written on it.

I say you will still be seperate just as we are seperate to have a conversation. It requires two perceptions and thus two entities to communicate.

So even in heaven you will not 'be one' with him.

why would you need advice on how to be peaceful if in heaven there is no conflict?

I believe we can never be peaceful as individualshere as long as we are separate from each other and need to survive. Whether we like it or not people only care about each other for their own interests, which is an instinctual aspect of the mind and genes to survive (Unless of cource its your childrens lives in consideration, which are the continuation of your genes).
In communities that work, its interdependence which means everyone recognises that it is in their own best interests to work together.
But as long as people regard themselves as separated this interdependence cant happen.

But theres no need for interdependence in heaven as theres no need to survive. Thats why i think its odd you say that even in heaven you are separate, because if we became one with everything it would negate such separateness.

I see it like the water that is you in your cup returning to an ocean that is God. You wouldnt be separate any more, you would be part of God, one with God, you would literary know god. Then you could be at peace.

So even in heaven you will not 'be one' with him.

ok were you trying to proove something there.....its not like i want to be God. I get what you are saying....i will not be seperate but not one. That is the essence of heaven.

why would you need advice on how to be peaceful if in heaven there is no conflict?

there was conflict in heaven when lucifer was an angel....there is no reason why more conflict coudnt be risen. Remeber lucifer wants heaven and trys anything to get it.

I believe we can never be peaceful as individualshere as long as we are separate from each other and need to survive. Whether we like it or not people only care about each other for their own interests, which is an instinctual aspect of the mind and genes to survive (Unless of cource its your childrens lives in consideration, which are the continuation of your genes).
In communities that work, its interdependence which means everyone recognises that it is in their own best interests to work together.
But as long as people regard themselves as separated this interdependence cant happen.

well you are right and wrong. You are right about how survival creates non-peace. But not everyone cares only for themselves, a few examples are gahndi and Jesus, and if people would follow their teachings then the world would be peaceful.

But theres no need for interdependence in heaven as theres no need to survive. Thats why i think its odd you say that even in heaven you are separate, because if we became one with everything it would negate such separateness.

It is confusing that way becuase we are not Gods, nor independent in heaven. Its simply that in heaven you dont become a big ball of people (thats my interpertation).

see it like the water that is you in your cup returning to an ocean that is God. You wouldnt be separate any more, you would be part of God, one with God, you would literary know god. Then you could be at peace.

ok i think we are at the same page. I think that you know God because that was his purpose in creating us anyways, but i also beilve that you still have your own soul....like saints or angels.

Godd posting tho, you made me think.

Back
Top Bottom