• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do the Saudi's have on Trump?

I suspect any prior US president would have used kiddy gloves too - though they wouldn't have proudly announced that they stand by him - so that's not the point.

The point is the way the same people who screamed bloody murder when Obama showed the slightest bit of respect to the Saudis are now 100% defending Trump's proud embrace of the murderous dictator.

I suspect any prior US president would have used kiddy gloves too - though they wouldn't have proudly announced that they stand by him - so that's not the point.

The point is the way the same people who screamed bloody murder when Obama showed the slightest bit of respect to the Saudis are now 100% defending Trump's proud embrace of the murderous dictator.

The US does not need Saudi Arabia. It is the other way around.

I agree with your suspicion of conspiracies in government. For example, we could ask what the democrats had on Sessions to make him recuse himself so the leftist lions from the tribe of Obama embedded in the Justice Department could have free corrupted rein to go after Trump.

He saw some bad stuff and wanted to get enough distance so he will not go to prison for it.
It was probably stuff he should have acted on, but now he's probably in the clear considering all the truly horrendous stuff that came after that.
The man is a lawyer, after all. He is probably reasonably competent at judging the kind of stuff that gets lawyers disbarred or sent to jail.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/politics/trump-saudi-arabia/index.html
I really wonder what the Saudi's have on Trump or his family. Trump says the reason that he won't do anything more to the Saudi's is that he believes in America first. Now if any of you actually believe that is the real reason I have a bridge to sell you. I have to believe it either has something to do with money borrowed and owed, or some secret that might harm Trump or a family member. I will bet there are plenty out there that will actually believe this has something to do with the arms sales pending as Trump blathers on about, but I can't believe, can you?

If is a falicy for the US government to claim the US is energy independent. We are not.

The US produces an inferior grade oil that in ok for gas but not for much else. Saudi Arabia produces and has stockpiles for 200 years of premium sweet crude oil. The kind of oil the US needs in ever facet of production of the many goods the US needs.

Saudi has kept price per barrel artificially high to place pressure on US domestic oil producers. Trump needs low gas prices to keep inflation down and keep more money in American's pockets. Trump needs SA to keep PPB oil low.

If is a falicy for the US government to claim the US is energy independent. We are not.

The US produces an inferior grade oil that in ok for gas but not for much else. Saudi Arabia produces and has stockpiles for 200 years of premium sweet crude oil. The kind of oil the US needs in ever facet of production of the many goods the US needs.

Saudi has kept price per barrel artificially high to place pressure on US domestic oil producers. Trump needs low gas prices to keep inflation down and keep more money in American's pockets. Trump needs SA to keep PPB oil low.

Sorry does not require nor call for the amount of ball washing Trump is doing. Just does not cut it. Saudi has always had more sweet crude. So does Iran. Based on that analysis Trump should be washing Ayatollah balls. Their oil is as sweet and is a bit lighter. Trump would have done well to simply have made reasoned comments that neither threatened nor supported MBS publicly as it relates to the specific incident of the murdered Journalist. It was as usual STUPID!

From Donald's bombastically idiotic comments on Saudi made today:

The country of Iran, as an example, is responsible for a bloody proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Yemen, trying to destabilize Iraq’s fragile attempt at democracy, supporting the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon, propping up dictator Bashar Assad in Syria (who has killed millions of his own citizens), and much more. Likewise, the Iranians have killed many Americans and other innocent people throughout the Middle East. Iran states openly, and with great force, “Death to America!” and “Death to Israel!” Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia would gladly withdraw from Yemen if the Iranians would agree to leave. They would immediately provide desperately needed humanitarian assistance. Additionally, Saudi Arabia has agreed to spend billions of dollars in leading the fight against Radical Islamic Terrorism.

You are so full of horse dung Donald. Have you forgotten where the 9/11 terrorists were trained? Give you a hint Donald.....NOT IRAN

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/politics/trump-saudi-arabia/index.html
I really wonder what the Saudi's have on Trump or his family. Trump says the reason that he won't do anything more to the Saudi's is that he believes in America first. Now if any of you actually believe that is the real reason I have a bridge to sell you. I have to believe it either has something to do with money borrowed and owed, or some secret that might harm Trump or a family member. I will bet there are plenty out there that will actually believe this has something to do with the arms sales pending as Trump blathers on about, but I can't believe, can you?

Yeah, the despot wannabe supporters couldn't care less what he does or says.

I believe there's a simple reason for his acquiescence to both the Saudi Crown Prince and Putin. Giving a pass to the Saudi crown prince responsible for the starvation of hundreds of thousands and the literal butchering of an American resident, is just like his deference to Putin. Putin, the guy who had over twenty journalists killed for having the nerve to criticize him. You can bet Putin thought they were an "enemy of the people" too.

First there's his attraction to all authoritarians and the ability for a strong man to run a country solo. And we know how much Numnuts likes to think of himself as a 'strong man'. A good example was reported today, Numnuts tried to get "his" Justice Department to jail his political opponents. He has no need for three CO-equal branches of government.

But this wasn't the primary reason. Anyone who knows anything about his history knows in their gut what that is...$

You know what I hate most about this whole miserable trumpian episode? Trump saunters around like Mr Tough guy and he can't even figure out who the Client is and who the supplicant is in the relationship between the US and Saudi. Either he can't figure it out or prostrates the US in front of that idiot in a robe and kaffiyeh because there is a personal financial interest in it for Trump.

Lets see here...do I have to provide another hint like where were the 9/11 terrorists trained? Where did they originate? Hint....Not Iran.

Between Saudi and the USA who should be the supplicant? Hint #2......It ain't the USA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom