• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

*thread detour*
intrigued about travel in china
what aids your ability to communicate with the chinese people, identify restaurants such as the sanya dolphin as desirable, and be assured you are headed correctly to your next destination?
I speak and read fair Mandarin, have a Chinese girlfriend, use Google Translate, and search Tripadvisor and Lonely Planet before traveling. Seems to be working well so far.

we have something similar referred to as the Christmas breakfast casserole ... as it only got made once a year:

INGREDIENTS​

• 6 slices bread, cubed
  • 1 lb sausage, browned and drained
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 8 large eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 tsp dry mustard
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Pepper, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Spread the bread evenly into the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.

2. Sprinkle the sausage and cheese evenly over the bread.

3. In a large measuring cup, combine the eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper.

4. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the ingredients in the pan.

5. Cover and chill overnight.

6. Prior to baking, preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until set. You may need to bake it for a little more or less time depending on your oven and how soft or “runny” you prefer the eggs to be. I don’t really like it to be runny, but I also don’t want it to dry out. To check it, use a fork or knife to stick in the middle and see how soft it still is.

7. Remove from oven when done and serve warm.
A breakfast casserole like that where you can prep it the night before is perfect for a day like Christmas! I actually think these types of casseroles make a great addition to any brunch. To that add bakery fresh bagels and cream cheese and lox. ( whip the cream cheese and add fresh dill weed is even better) A fruit salad made of any fresh fruit available. And something with nuts. My Christmas nut roll would be perfect. :)

Broiled Atlantic salmon with fresh lemon butter sauce, mac and cheese and fresh steamed broccoli.

Took a ride after dinner in our vintage 2004 Crysler Crossfire convertible, (such a beautiful night), and finished it off with a take home, hot fudge sundae from Baskin Robbin's drive thru.

I've had meat all week. Got a new infrared bbq grill. Tonight it was marinated chicken breast grilled with asparagus and some rosemary fries also grilled.

For dessert it was yogurt with diced bananas and apples mixed in.
Damn, that's an impressive level of cooking, kudos.

Crispy Chili Rellenos smothered in green chili sauce with tomato/lettuce on the side, chips and salsa.....no contact delivery from Mexican restaurant.

It was a group effort. Hubby and I made homemade Chili. We made some toasted garlic buttered ciabattas; (Smart Balance with garlic powder as the spread).

We spent most of the day working outside on our property. It was warm outside, but by the end of the day a cool front came in and making Chili seemed like the thing to do. :)

It was a group effort. Hubby and I made homemade Chili. We made some toasted garlic buttered ciabattas; (Smart Balance with garlic powder as the spread).

We spent most of the day working outside on our property. It was warm outside, but by the end of the day a cool front came in and making Chili seemed like the thing to do. :)
We spent the day outside working too, mowing, assassinating dandelions, etc, but after that nobody felt like cooking so we ordered pizza and wings from a local place.

We spent the day outside working too, mowing, assassinating dandelions, etc, but after that nobody felt like cooking so we ordered pizza and wings from a local place.

Awesome!

What a beautiful day here. Blue skies and a breeze at about 70 degrees. I also slayed dandelions by hand with a weed fork. I was getting so good that I could just pop them out with one motion. I had something called a street taco for supper. I had heard of them but never ordered one before. It had two shells some spiced ground beef and I think provolone cheese and cilantro with a side of black beans.

We had takeout from our favorite pizza place too. Hubby has been tackling the dandelions for years. All it takes is a couple of people in the neighborhood with them and then it becomes everyone's problem. He has manually sprayed them and used the old-fashioned weed digger and manually removed them. He put down weed and feed in the spreader twice this year. The grass looks thick and lush but now he is complaining that he is having to cut it twice a week because he fed it so well. I wanted to get outside and work in the flower beds but I got a burr up a certain place because I could not find a place to put things away. It is bad when you buy a new sweeper and you can not find a place to store it. During the pandemic when there was a shortage of toilet paper, paper towels and tissues, Hubby every time he went to the store he would pick up those items. And even when it was no longer a problem , he still kept picking them up. He would store them on the floor in the pantry then he started taking over a very large two door, coat closet in the foyer. Anyway it turned into a domino effect where I had to re-organize the pantry to put everything away that belonged there. That led to the foyer coat closet where I had to find a new home for all the paper products which led to the bathroom vanities and the linen closet to reorganize them to to find a place to store them. The new sweeper now has a new home but what a road to get there. The burr is gone and all is well two glasses of wine later.

Store bought BBQ chicken, homemade fries and homemade slaw. Swiss Chalet sauce on the side......a Canadian thing.
I think I've seen it in cans at the grocery store.

Back
Top Bottom