• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

I'm jealous. I hate the mess of deep-frying so I won't make falafel at home. I've made pita many times to pair with grilled lamb or chicken, and even made tabbouleh in the summer when I have an excess of tomatoes and parsley. One of these times I'm going to try to make koshari.
I do a baked rendition when making it at home. Comes out pretty decent.

I prefer a simple Jerusalem salad, nice and fresh.

I do make my own hummus from scratch meaning I make my own tahini as well.

Sometimes I’ll whip up a couscous salad with cukes red onion garlic and tomato with olive oil and a little balsamic. That’s a good dish hot or cold.

Being boring tonight and having the same as yesterday as I slept like a log after having baked potatoes, tuna , sweet corn and Mayo lol.

My wife is helping with the Grandkids this week, so I get to experiment.
I added a pound of de boned rotisserie chicken, and about 8 oz of sliced beef sausage to a can of
Blue Runner Creole Gumbo Base. it made a really good chicken and sausage gumbo.
served over rice.
I also tried a box pasta Roni Fettuccine Alfredo, to which I added about 8 oz of cooked fajita chicken
cut up, and about 1/2 cup of La Vaquita Queso Quesadilla.

We made a corned beef in the oven today, and had sandwiches on rye bread with mayo. Foster's to wash it down. 🍺

"Chicken."

PXL_20210423_220259079_copy_1678x1173.jpg

Despite how it looks, it was undercooked and I had to carve it and cook the pieces at 425 for another ten minutes.

It actually didn't taste bad and was still tender and juicy.

"Chicken."

View attachment 67330201

Despite how it looks, it was undercooked and I had to carve it and cook the pieces at 425 for another ten minutes.

It actually didn't taste bad and was still tender and juicy.
That reminds me of a drunken sunny summers afternoon back in the 90’s when me and a good mate decided to BBQ a whole chicken on a grill without a lid. We were drunk , the chicken was burnt on the outside and raw in the middle...but we ate it and survived. He’s a vegetarian now lol.

Interesting fact about yellow mustard ( like Dijon)...works great to alleviate acid reflux...🤔

Interesting fact about yellow mustard ( like Dijon)...works great to alleviate acid reflux...🤔
THANKS for that tip !!
just looked it up. great home remedy
GERD only occurs when eating steak for me
a bit of mustard will accompany the A1 in the future

Yesterday was leftovers day. Today we lit the grill because a burger sounded good, even though it started to sprinkle just after it was lit.

Just about to pull out of the oven a Cheeseburger Pie.

Seasoned ground beef, steamed broccoli, cheddar cheese between two layers of Pillsbury Crescent dough. (egg washed)

Delish...

Pizza is always good for a few days, but it usually doesn't last that long. Especially good delivery. Not DiGiorno.
This was ordered directly from Chicago, packaged for freezing, came solid in blue ice and went straight to my freezer. We ate the sausage first, today we had the cheese, tasted fine.

a simple thin crust pizza with a sauce my wife made from fresh tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic, added mozzarella, and fresh basil. my first home made pizza since chef-boyardee over half a century ago. question was, would the kamado get hot enough: 550-600. it did!
now that i see it is possible, this summer will be an adventure in pizza making
my wife made a bean/vegetable dish in her hot pot ... with a skoch of salt and some balsamic vinegar it was good to go. less healthy than the way she eats it, but tasty
since the pizza steel was blazing, a boneless ribeye was grilled to 130. next, removed the steel and grilled a half dozen boneless chicken thighs marianated in lemongrass/soy/fish sauce. the dog approved of both
first kamado outing of 2021. tomorrow will be low and slow smoked pork shoulder BBQ, slaw, and hushpuppies ... going to have to move my fast day to tuesday

Back
Top Bottom