• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

We tried something new today, kiopoolu. Not bad at all. We had Naan with it, but it probably goes well with chicken or beef.

split the leftover spaghetti between me, my wife, kiddo, and my elderly dog who is getting a bit finicky about eating. had garlic bread again, as well. amazingly, there's still a bit left. that was definitely a cost effective dinner prep.

We tried something new today, kiopoolu. Not bad at all. We had Naan with it, but it probably goes well with chicken or beef.
Hmm, looks similar to baba ganoush.

I had garbanzo curry with pita bread and coleslaw.

Sea scallops sauteed in olive oils and butter, with onions, garlic, parsley, shallots, bay leaves, etc. served over whole wheat linguini. Chocolate cake for dessert (Omaha Steaks chocolate lovers)....although I'm not really a chocolate lover. :)

Vegetarian smothered burritos made with refried beans, onions, shredded cheese (leftover) and American cheese inside and out, smothered with 505 Green Chili Sauce. Baked in oven.

Devour brand Angus beef sandwich
Soft pretzel.

Tonight....roast chicken.

Probably a medley of sides. I already have a bean mix ready to go...and farrow cooked in chicken carcass broth. So I think a bit of each plus some frozen mixed veggies.

Think I'll be doing ribs really low and slow in the oven. Really should get around to buying a smoker.

turkey cheddar sausage link on bread with mustard
canned country vegetables.

Grilled sweet italian sausage, farro cooked in a mixture of leftover juice from a brisket and leftover chicken broth from carcasses + veggies, mixed beans (black, red, pinto, navy, all sorts more)

Left over charcoal grilled boneless rib eye steak sandwiches on French bread with tomatoes, onions, mayo. Turkey Hill natural vanilla ice cream for dessert.

decided to tv dinner it tonight. country fried chicken patty with mashed potatoes and corn. not bad, and only 460 cals.

It wasn't dinner tonight but Saturday night I fixed a damned good swordfish dish.

Glazed the swordfish with dijon mustard, honey, thyme and a little cayenne then cooked it up in a skillet. Served with wild rice, fresh veggies and a tomato salad.

I'm going simple and fast: street tacos and double cheeseburger carry out.

rack of St. Louis pork ribs. 4.3 lbs

Coffee rub + other spices (smoked spanish paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, lemongrass, coriander, a whole lotta black pepper ground, MSG, fish salt, possibly more I don't remember).

2h at 225
1h at 250
2h at 265

So moist, so fall-off-the-bone. Win. I ate too much.

Norwegian salmon fillet sprinkled with Old Bay, oven grilled. Gold potatoes sliced, seasoned and sauteed in olive oil until tender.

Norwegian salmon fillet sprinkled with Old Bay, oven grilled. Gold potatoes sliced, seasoned and sauteed in olive oil until tender.

You eat well. I like seafood too. What’s the chance of you inviting me over for dinner 2 or 3 times a week?

made some chili dogs and had a salad on the side.

chicken-and-dumplings-2.jpg

Chicken and dumplings.

(It doesn't look very good, but it's amazing!)

Back
Top Bottom