• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

My healthy eat plans is going just great, here’s last night’s Chinky... Chef’s special curry, egg fried rice, chicken balls, pancake roll, chips and salt and pepper chicken wings...oh and prawn crackers...the over half had a couple of chicken balls with rice lol.😂
F06F1D62-DE2C-4D55-9F89-CD4EAE6E23F8.jpeg80C1413C-E34D-495B-B115-EFC9F9A0AB78.jpeg

Oh, and cold left over chicken balls made a delicious Sunday breakfast...not as good as my normal fry up but acceptable.

I made 2 Qts. of red sauce and boiled fresh cheese and mushroom ravioli. I used up the last of my fresh basil (it frosted last night) and warmed some baguette.

Last edited:
i made Philly cheese steak Hamburger Helper and corn for the family. they dug it. nice fall meal.

i made Philly cheese steak Hamburger Helper and corn for the family. they dug it. nice fall meal.
Fresh cabbage is a give-way price right now and I want to make cabbage rolls, but it will have to wait until the weekend because it's a lot of work.

Fresh cabbage is a give-way price right now and I want to make cabbage rolls, but it will have to wait until the weekend because it's a lot of work.

yes, please.

yes, please.
I love them but I often take the easy way out and buy them at a deli or wait until I see that a local church is having a fundraiser and let the little old ladies do the work. My mom hated them because she grew up in the depression and had them often because they were an easy way to stretch just a little bit of meat and the cabbages that they grew, but I love them.

Pierogi are amazing but it's a lot of work for polish ravioli. I like to serve them in chicken soup, like kreplach. I buy them when I am up in the Clevland area because I'm too lazy to make them 90% of the time.

Fall is also a good time for braised smoked ham hocks in sauerkraut.

I have my mother's recipe if you're interested. Send me a P/M.

We are having my homemade Italian bread and breakfast for dinner. This is the first time I've used this bread recipe. I'll let you know.... It looks promising. Homemade hash browns. Don't ask me... ;) I improvise as I go along, but basically I boil some Idaho's in salted water, peel them when done, chop, and add some diced fresh onion and fry them in a small amount of canola oil, and add some herbs. Eggs over easy and a fresh ham steak.

eta: Homemade canned Merlot grape jam atop our Italian toasted bread.

I love them but I often take the easy way out and buy them at a deli or wait until I see that a local church is having a fundraiser and let the little old ladies do the work. My mom hated them because she grew up in the depression and had them often because they were an easy way to stretch just a little bit of meat and the cabbages that they grew, but I love them.

Pierogi are amazing but it's a lot of work for polish ravioli. I like to serve them in chicken soup, like kreplach. I buy them when I am up in the Clevland area because I'm too lazy to make them 90% of the time.

Fall is also a good time for braised smoked ham hocks in sauerkraut.

we have Pierogi sometimes, though we buy the frozen kind. we've been a little lacking on spare time lately, which is fine. i do like to learn to cook new things, though.

Salami and Gouda cheese on Ritz crackers, artichoke hearts on the side.

i walked a lot today and this is my Super Bowl night, so i bought an easy comfort food dinner.

Big Mac
5 chicken nuggets. sharing the rest with my elderly dog.

I made quinoa, wild rice and amaranth pilaf, and burgers on the grill.

Last night I made a pumpkin mousse cheesecake. He loves it but it is far too rich for me.

i walked a lot today and this is my Super Bowl night, so i bought an easy comfort food dinner.

Big Mac
5 chicken nuggets. sharing the rest with my elderly dog.
I tried chicken nuggets once. They are still giving me indigestion. :)

We had grilled veg, black bean hummus and a small pita.

I tried chicken nuggets once. They are still giving me indigestion. :)

We had grilled veg, black bean hummus and a small pita.

i hear that. stress + nuggets = tums. you made better choices.

Do tums work on the effects that beans and veg tend to have after a while?

not sure, but probably. i also take famotidine. my wife swears by gaviscon.

Lasagna, no room for dessert. ;)

skipped lunch today. i had a Red Baron pizza sandwich and some BBQ chips. i like those microwave sandwiches that you cook on the silver cardboard things.

Pad See Ew with tofu
a bit of Chicken Satay.

the place close to us has the best tofu.

I baked a sweet potato, roasted 1/2 ln of Brussels sprouts, and made a veggie burger as penance for yesterday's 3 slices of pepperoni, sausage, and mushroom pizza.

Crispy chili rellenos smothered, chips and salsa.....no contact delivery.

Skinny Pop popcorn, a Rolling Rock Green Hornet and a grilled cheese and home-made tomato soup from the last of the crop.

Back
Top Bottom