• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What arms?

Well, expanding on the lessons from "The Devil and Daniel Webster;" it's better to face possible damnation with a legal argument than to face it without one. ;)

Thus, like the Anti-Federalists of old I'd rather have a limitation to argue from than face the Federal goverment with none at all.
Fair enough, I actually agree with Madison and the Federalist papers, because like you I wonder how far the progressives would have taken their charge without those prohibitions. The concerning thing is that Hamilton's warnings are coming to pass.

I'd like an MP5. Wanted one for as long as I can remember. I'd settle for a semi-only copy if they existed outside the realm of myth.
Myself, fantastic weapon. The B.A.R. 40, MP5, MP40, and a few others were always on my wish list.

Myself, fantastic weapon. The B.A.R. 40, MP5, MP40, and a few others were always on my wish list.

I had a list, but after the army, the MP5 and UMP9 were pretty much it for me. The older WWI and WWII machine guns, like the Vickers, Maxim, and the good ole 30 cal were also top choices.

I'd like an MP5. Wanted one for as long as I can remember. I'd settle for a semi-only copy if they existed outside the realm of myth.

I was over at a range today shooting a GSSF league (badly I might add-time to see the eye doctor) and one of the range employees had a real MP5, he bought it for 3000 about 28 years ago, right before the odious hughes amendment was improperly foisted on us. he said he routinely gets offers for it in the 15-20K range

I would like to thank you for being clear and honest about your view on guns. Even-though I hold the polar opposite view, knowing that there are still some people on the anti-gun side who do not try to obfuscate their positions is refreshing because it means a conversation can still be had.

That is honestly what I think. But knowing that people in our culture are so selfish, they would rather put themselves before public safety to stop gun violence and these types of mass shootings, guns will never be able to be banned. It's odd that we can all be on the same page when we all say that nuclear weapons should be banned and we are slowly reducing the number that exist in our own arsenal as well as agreeing with other nuclear powers to reduce their numbers, but we can't come to grips that guns in our own country should follow the same course. There certainly is not a shortage of current day threats that exist from other countries who may acquire nuclear weapons. Some of them fairly clear they wish to wipe the U.S off the map, but we are not lobbying to build MORE nuclear weapons because of this threat. We are lobbying to OUTLAW and REDUCE the number of nuclear weapons. Seems to be in stark contrast to what we think about guns which is having a direct and more deadly impact then nuclear weapons is having on us.

That is honestly what I think. But knowing that people in our culture are so selfish, they would rather put themselves before public safety to stop gun violence and these types of mass shootings, guns will never be able to be banned.

Weird; I see it as some people wanting to put their personal feelings and fears ahead of liberty.

Weird; I see it as some people wanting to put their personal feelings and fears ahead of liberty.

many people have never matured to the point of making their own personal safety an individual responsibility but rather continue to depend on mother government to keep them safe and secure while castigating those who have been able to leave the nest and fly on their own

many people have never matured to the point of making their own personal safety an individual responsibility but rather continue to depend on mother government to keep them safe and secure while castigating those who have been able to leave the nest and fly on their own

:shrug: Liberty comes with risks. Some people would rather give up liberty than deal with the risk. Every totalitarian regime has at least 20% support of its people, for that reason. Capster himself supports totalitarian measures to effect his own feeling of safety, so there you go.

Back
Top Bottom