• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are you listening to? ver. 15.0

I got out my CD of the Alice in Chains album Dirt recently. As a teenager, I knew that it was awesome, but listening to it now, I'm still thoroughly impressed. Also, I have a little more perspective now when it comes to the content, so some of it is more difficult to listen to. Either way, it's an incredible album front to back. Great band.

I know it's not on Dirt, but their song Nutshell still gives me goosebumps.

I have to ask are any of the band members related to the late Butch Trucks?

This guy:
The singer/guitar player with the long hair...later he formed this band with Susan Tedeschi...

Derek Trucks has been a talented guitarist going way back to his childhood. Now an established member of the Tedeschi Trucks Band, the nephew of Allman Brothers Band drummer Butch Trucks received his first guitar at age nine and never looked back.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/derek-trucks-duane-trucks-jam-kids/

As Tedeschi Trucks Band continues to entertain fans with the Fireside Sessions series, local Boston ABC affiliate WCVB went for a look behind the scenes of the livestreams. In a recent story in which the outlet interviewed Susan Tedeschi, it was revealed that the frontwoman and TTB have been paying the salaries of the band and road crew throughout the entire pandemic despite the fact that they have remained sidelined.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/susan-tedeschi-trucks-band-road-crew/

^ I knew it! Thanks for the info

I know it's not on Dirt, but their song Nutshell still gives me goosebumps.

production values on that cut make me feel like i am listening to the song while sitting inside the guitar's sound box
only wish i had heard it previously. thanks

I like Bob Dylan. And these guys too.

Brings back memories like nothing I've heard in a long time.

"Mama sent me to the store for a pack of Pall Malls. Gave me a dollar and said son keep the change."

My Old Neighborhood - TOMMY CASTRO & the PAINKILLERS @ Belly Up - Solana Beach, CA​

Brings back memories like nothing I've heard in a long time.

"Mama sent me to the store for a pack of Pall Malls. Gave me a dollar and said son keep the change."
Me too. My Aunt would send me to the store with a note to buy cigs. It's a damn good jam.

Wilko Johnson , the guitarist wrote it in the eighties. Maybe ten years back he was given a terminal diagnosis of inoperable cancer, and decided to go out fighting. He recorded an album with Roger Daltrey, and also appeared on Game of Thrones, before a surgeon approached him, operated and cured him!

Another from that album, a cover of a song from Wilko's first band Dr Feelgood.

what a great song
both the writing and the performance
Thanks!
I'm glad you drew my attention to this one, justabubba. I do not listen to every song posted here, although I used to try to. Sometimes, if I am busy in real life, I even miss comments. (I might have missed yours.) If someone whose taste I trust posts a comment there is a much greater chance that I will see a great song, though. So I thank you and I thank Manc Skipper for this one. Roger Daltrey's voice is great. Great performance. It sounds as if they made a great album.

If I ever get diagnosed with a terminal disease and want to go out bigly I hope Roger Daltrey will come and play in my band. That's my only last wish I promise.

Back
Top Bottom