• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are Republicans running on?

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I being serious here, I want to know what the platform for republicans is for 2025 and beyond? What is the republican manifesto, what are their formal set of principal goals? Can anyone explain them to me? As far as I can see, the only thing they plan on running on is immigration, and they just turned down an immigration bill. Do they know how to deal with immigration other than shutting down the border entirely?

The economy, health care, democracy, reproductive freedoms. It isn't that border immigration doesn't matter, it does, but usually this is overshadowed by other issues that matter more to the majority of Americans. What are Republicans going to run on in 2024? What are they promising to give to all Americans?

The republican talking points against Biden are the same that they have been using over the past six months and have all but evaporated. They've been arguing for years that we're in a recession and the economy is bad. That's not true. They were arguing that there's a crime wave across the nation. That's not true, because we know that murder rates and crime rates are way down, even in New York City in the last year. They argued that inflation was too high, and that's no longer true. They argued that Joe Biden somehow wages war on energy and on their gas stoves and inflation made their gas prices go up, and that's not true. The U.S. had more oil production last year than any year in American history. All they have left, was the border immigration. Last week the Senate handed a big win on immigration, and the republicans fumbled it, and they made a big error by showing that rather than solving the problem, they actually want to keep the problem open for crazy Donald Trump thinking somehow this is going to help him.

What is the republican plan, can anyone explain that to me? What will republicans do to boost the economy, to give health benefits to all Americans, to protect the environment and slow global warming, and protect our borders and give support to our border guards and to remain a global leader by reinforcing our alliances around the world?

They are mainly running on Donald Trump Owning the Leftist Filth. That seems to be the extent of the policy positions in “America First.”

I believe this is true. We have never been forgiven for Obama. That was apparently just a bridge too far. Since then it has been about owning the libs, lib tears and blah blah yadda yadda.

Last edited:
The Republican party hasn't had a coherent policy agenda in years. Obama's win in 2008, and the coming rise of the Tea Party, just sped up the rise of right wing conservatainment. Why bother with silly things like long term plans when you can just feed the rage machine you've created and reap the rewards?

So, here we are almost a generation later, and exposing pictures of Hunter Biden's genitals during hearings seems to be the big win for the Republicans lately. Serious people with serious ideas who deserve a seat at the table of public discourse.

The written Republican Party platform is that of 2016. Apparently, nothing's changed since then.

Pretty sure they are running on Putin.

In 2016, he interfered with the elections and helped them get elected. In 2020, he clearly did not do enough. So, now they need to make sure they get his help... and of course Putins need him / them too... which explains all the anti-NATO / anti-Ukraine and pro-Putin actions and promises.

Beating Idiot Joe and the rest of the extreme leftist Democrats, they must be defeated if America is to survive.

I wonder if someone from the right will offer some input?

I being serious here, I want to know what the platform for republicans is for 2025 and beyond? What is the republican manifesto, what are their formal set of principal goals? Can anyone explain them to me? As far as I can see, the only thing they plan on running on is immigration, and they just turned down an immigration bill. Do they know how to deal with immigration other than shutting down the border entirely?

The economy, health care, democracy, reproductive freedoms. It isn't that border immigration doesn't matter, it does, but usually this is overshadowed by other issues that matter more to the majority of Americans. What are Republicans going to run on in 2024? What are they promising to give to all Americans?

The republican talking points against Biden are the same that they have been using over the past six months and have all but evaporated. They've been arguing for years that we're in a recession and the economy is bad. That's not true. They were arguing that there's a crime wave across the nation. That's not true, because we know that murder rates and crime rates are way down, even in New York City in the last year. They argued that inflation was too high, and that's no longer true. They argued that Joe Biden somehow wages war on energy and on their gas stoves and inflation made their gas prices go up, and that's not true. The U.S. had more oil production last year than any year in American history. All they have left, was the border immigration. Last week the Senate handed a big win on immigration, and the republicans fumbled it, and they made a big error by showing that rather than solving the problem, they actually want to keep the problem open for crazy Donald Trump thinking somehow this is going to help him.

What is the republican plan, can anyone explain that to me? What will republicans do to boost the economy, to give health benefits to all Americans, to protect the environment and slow global warming, and protect our borders and give support to our border guards and to remain a global leader by reinforcing our alliances around the world?
To be concise GOP is running on:

non compos mentos.jpeg

They would be smart to run on bidenflation, immigration, the economy and the sad state of government right now. Those are the issues people care about.

Beating Idiot Joe and the rest of the extreme leftist Democrats, they must be defeated if America is to survive.
That is hardly a set of goals or ideals for the betterment of the United States and its 331 million citizens, is it?

They would be smart to run on bidenflation, immigration, the economy and the sad state of government right now. Those are the issues people care about.
As I stated, they cannot run on inflation or the economy because it's great right now.

If Putin could help defeat the Dems, would you welcome him?

If Putin could help defeat the Dems, would you welcome him?
They have already welcomed the interference of Putin. But, too bad for them, democracy held. All we have to do to hold onto it again, is to reelection Joe Biden in November.

That is hardly a set of goals or ideals for the betterment of the United States and its 331 million citizens, is it?
It's a starting place, it must be done.

The written Republican Party platform is that of 2016. Apparently, nothing's changed since then.
agreed. The 2024 GOP platform is essentially the 2016 GOP platform. . . with emphasis on immigration/Border Security and the economy.

No. That's what your side does.
The Dems work with Putin? Let me ask you this way. If Trump can get help from Putin to beat the Dems, would you welcome the support?

They’re not running on anything. Even so, the Republicans have a slight lead in the generic congressional Ballot.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/state-of-the-union/2024/generic-congressional-vote

But if one goes district by district, as of today the GOP has 21 currently held seat at risk of switching vs. 24 democratic held seats. Voters seem to be in an anti-incumbent mood.

U.S. Voters: Biden, Most in House Don't Deserve Another Term

Back
Top Bottom