• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We're all going to feel better when we come clean

Was he supposed to be in the Capitol? And why would he want to show the flag of a "nation" that was once an ENEMY of the United States, a nation that went to war in order to maintain the scourge of slavery?

Its called trespass, not terrorism and not an attempt to remove the government. Im sure in his mind he is making some kind of statement of defiance.

I prefer the term compassionate conservative. (y)

You will never “reach” me because I don’t live in your deluded universe where innocents are forced to carry the shame of their long dead ancestors.

Dads side of my ancestors family was cut in half in the Civil war fighting out of New York, never owned any slaves. Moms side immigrated here in the 1930s. But because I am white and most slave owners were white, I and millions others are expected to carry the same shame.

Dads side of my ancestors family was cut in half in the Civil war fighting out of New York, never owned any slaves. Moms side immigrated here in the 1930s. But because I am white and most slave owners were white, I and millions others are expected to carry the same shame.
“White guilt” is for soft headed people who aren’t satisfied with acknowledging current disparities between the lives of black (brown, etc.) and white Americans, and working forward from there.

You'd have to point to the one sentence, the one paragraph, in the speech he delivered that day which would be considered as 'incitement'. Instead you have a sentence that calls for peaceful protest, as well as reports from federal authorities of pre-planning. How does pre-planning support the claim of incitement? So no 'straw that broke the camel’s back'. As quite correctly observed in Congressional 'debate', if that speech were the standard of what incitement was, 1/2 of members of Congress would have to be arrested and charged for incitement. It's called 'political speech'. And it is blatantly hypocritical to have one set of standards for one political party and another for the other political party. But as has been amply demonstrated by their own actions, if it weren't for double standards Democrats wouldn't have any standards at all. The Democrat's double standards needs to be the topic all the time because there is simply so much of it.
The cries of Trump Collusion, Illegitimate President, #kill Trump, # pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon, accusing so many of being racist, white supremacist, and many other things is what created the hard feelings and the feeling of a need to respond. It's democrats who caused it.

“White guilt” is for soft headed people who aren’t satisfied with acknowledging current disparities between the lives of black (brown, etc.) and white Americans, and working forward from there.
White guilt is an attempt to lay the blame of outcomes on someone other than the person who failed. You don't want a fair shake, an opportunity, you want guaranteed outcomes with policies such as redistribution of wealth. If there isn't equal opportunity in America how the hell did we elect black congressmen and women, a black President, many black and other people of color who are successful, rich, famous, and living the good life? Surely you don't think every white person is successful, rich, famous and living the good life?

No one expects you or any other white person to “carry shame”. That’s just a standard right wing strawman.

The cries of Trump Collusion, Illegitimate President, #kill Trump, # pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon, accusing so many of being racist, white supremacist, and many other things is what created the hard feelings and the feeling of a need to respond. It's democrats who caused it.

What was the reaction of Republicans to the Obama presidency?

White guilt is an attempt to lay the blame of outcomes on someone other than the person who failed. You don't want a fair shake, an opportunity, you want guaranteed outcomes with policies such as redistribution of wealth. If there isn't equal opportunity in America how the hell did we elect black congressmen and women, a black President, many black and other people of color who are successful, rich, famous, and living the good life? Surely you don't think every white person is successful, rich, famous and living the good life?
Your way of thinking is the opposite side of the same argument.

“Because Obama” doesn’t cut it when proportionately, 2.5 more African Americans are killed by police, white Americans average poverty rate is 9% while black Americans is 21%, 89% of whites graduate high school while blacks graduate at a rate 10% lower.

And don’t bother with any bootstraps nonsense. Much of the variances are the result of many generations of systemic racism.

I know folks like you don’t want to acknowledge that. What I don’t get is why?

And as usual, they go and accuse someone else of exactly what they themselves are guilty of.

I prefer the term compassionate conservative. (y)

You will never “reach” me because I don’t live in your deluded universe where innocents are forced to carry the shame of their long dead ancestors.
You have to frame this as if it's about guilt. That's what conservatives do. It's about acknowledging what happened and making repairs. You said a similar thing in this thread:
... acknowledging current disparities between the lives of black (brown, etc.) and white Americans, and working forward from there.
Conservatives say "there are no current disparities" for the same reason they diminish slavery and everything that followed it by making claims similar to yours:
... innocents are forced to carry the shame of their long dead ancestors.

You have to frame this as if it's about guilt. That's what conservatives do. It's about acknowledging what happened and making repairs. You said a similar thing in this thread:

Conservatives say "there are no current disparities" for the same reason they diminish slavery and everything that followed it by making claims similar to yours:
I accept your apology for misjudging me.

I accept your apology for misjudging me.
Do you lack the integrity to admit that I have shown how and where you were ~wrong by directly quoting you?

Do you lack the integrity to admit that I have shown how and where you were ~wrong by directly quoting you?
My integrity isn’t the matter, your reading comprehension is.

Refusing to board your white guilt train about slavery doesn’t mean I don’t recognize what’s happening now.

My integrity isn’t the matter, your reading comprehension is.
I showed your contradictory comments and you are trying to blame me for miscomprehension.

Refusing to board your white guilt train about slavery ...
You've inserted the word 'guilt' into this thread.

... doesn’t mean I don’t recognize what’s happening now.
Your math is incorrect and I suspect your solutions are too, since you didn't answer my green new deal question. "Compassionate Conservative" likely means you believe in austerity instead of doing what's right. Both could and need to be done. Pretty much everything is riding on it.

Last edited:
You've inserted the word 'guilt' into this thread, incomprehensibly.

The premise of your thread is accepting accepting guilt.
We're all going to feel better when we come clean about the skeletons in America's collective closet.

Acknowledging these atrocities is difficult.

If those that fully acknowledge these things have to make repairs without the overwhelming majority of people fully acknowledging these things
You need to fully recognize and acknowledge that.
Your math is incorrect and I suspect your solutions are too, since you didn't answer my green new deal question. "Compassionate Conservative" likely means you believe in austerity instead of doing what's right. Both could and need to be done. Pretty much everything is riding on it.
You “suspect” much, and you know very little of what talk about here.

No one expects you or any other white person to “carry shame”. That’s just a standard right wing strawman.
Bull crap. The democrats are always shoving the guilt trip on whites from the civil war and slavery. Not too many of us are upset about it since none of us were around then.

I dont think white folks will be able to fix the problem of blacks being 2.4 times as likely to engage in violent crime. The expectation that they will is why the problem continues. As long as its all our fault, the blacks are absolved of any responsibility.

Bull crap. The democrats are always shoving the guilt trip on whites from the civil war and slavery. Not too many of us are upset about it since none of us were around then.

Simply not true. The ONLY time that I ever hear the words “white guilt” is when you right wingers are whining about it. If there is a guilt trip, it is because you right wingers so enjoy expressing your quite blatant racism so often.

I dont think white folks will be able to fix the problem of blacks being 2.4 times as likely to engage in violent crime. The expectation that they will is why the problem continues. As long as its all our fault, the blacks are absolved of any responsibility.

Why do you right wingers always focus on the negatives about blacks instead of on the large percentage of them that have entered the middle class since the onset of civil rights laws and affirmative action.

The premise of your thread is accepting accepting guilt.

You need to fully recognize and acknowledge that.

Definition for "come clean":
come clean

phrase of clean

1. INFORMAL
    be completely honest; keep nothing hidden.
    "the company has refused to come clean about its pollution record"

Definition for "come clean":
You’re not helping yourself by being so obviously disingenuous about theme of this thread.

No one living today has any reason to “come clean” about slavery. The history is recorded and nobody here is denying or refusing to accept that history.

No one living today has any reason to “come clean” about slavery. The history is recorded and nobody here is denying or refusing to accept that history.
Good vegan gravy, conservatives love playing Twister.

We're all going to feel better when we come clean about the skeletons in America's collective closet.

Hearing about the horrendous abuses of chattel slavery (one of the most heinous examples) causes anxiety for most people.

Acknowledging these atrocities is difficult.

We need to further acknowledge these types of things so we can move on by making repairs.

Otherwise, abuses (of a lesser degree) will continue to accumulate. That increases resentments.

If those that fully acknowledge these things have to make repairs without the overwhelming majority of people fully acknowledging these things, then the latter people's resentments are likely increase.

Let's reduce resentments. 🙂

For goodness' sake!

Caucasians have been acknowledging the horrors of slavery since hundreds of thousands of their young men died in the Civil War to abolish it.

And since the 1960s, Caucasians have done everything humanly possible to make up for segregation.

If anyone thinks that things are going to get better for African Americans after the Caucasian ethnicity becomes a small minority by the next century, s/he is sadly mistaken.

It's high time -- IMHO -- to stop using slavery as an excuse for the shortcomings of the community under consideration.

It's high time -- IMHO -- to stop using slavery as an excuse for the shortcomings of the community under consideration.
Your supremacist opinion is showing.

Back
Top Bottom