• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We're all going to feel better when we come clean

Your pro-US militarism stance, "blind" loyalty to the Constitution, and #146 comment are conservative positions.
Your ignorant opinion is appropriately noted and dismissed.

There are a lot of interesting studies on why there are so many black women raising children alone. Economic opportunity has a lot to do with it. Black women want a man who can provide her family with economic security. That's harder to come by for black men than white. Another reason is the high rate of incarceration of black men.

Sure there are factors, like lack of education, criminal involvement, all evils of generational poverty. And generational poverty for the black community began with slavery. So people who say slavery has nothing to do with it are wrong. We're still reaping what we've sown. Jim Crow laws and defacto segregatiion extended the problem another 100 years. We're not that far from that.

There are class issues, issues of poverty and racism still. Things are a lot better, but we're not there yet. Simply eradicating white supremacists isn't going to fix the problem. I've heard Warnock and Farrakhan both scolding black men for not taking responsibility for their children recently. Stable families help create stable children, and when you're trying to break cycles of generational poverty, it truly is a one-person-at-a-time effort. That person will have children and grandchildren who hopefully absorb less dysfunctional values at home.

I'm not sure how many posters in this thread are black. They are the only ones who can straighten things out in the communities that are still struggling. They can't do it without money, time and organizational know how, though. I know Obama is working on the organizational/leadership part. The bucks, though, have to come from somewhere to seed these efforts. That's why instead of reparations checks to individuals, I would support funding to get some of this stuff into high gear.

Your ignorant opinion is appropriately noted and dismissed.
And your discussion style is abrasive; another conservative trait, as is closed-mindedness.

There are a lot of interesting studies on why there are so many black women raising children alone. Economic opportunity has a lot to do with it. Black women want a man who can provide her family with economic security. That's harder to come by for black men than white. Another reason is the high rate of incarceration of black men.

Sure there are factors, like lack of education, criminal involvement, all evils of generational poverty. And generational poverty for the black community began with slavery. So people who say slavery has nothing to do with it are wrong. We're still reaping what we've sown. Jim Crow laws and defacto segregatiion extended the problem another 100 years. We're not that far from that.

There are class issues, issues of poverty and racism still. Things are a lot better, but we're not there yet. Simply eradicating white supremacists isn't going to fix the problem. I've heard Warnock and Farrakhan both scolding black men for not taking responsibility for their children recently. Stable families help create stable children, and when you're trying to break cycles of generational poverty, it truly is a one-person-at-a-time effort. That person will have children and grandchildren who hopefully absorb less dysfunctional values at home.

I'm not sure how many posters in this thread are black. They are the only ones who can straighten things out in the communities that are still struggling. They can't do it without money, time and organizational know how, though. I know Obama is working on the organizational/leadership part. The bucks, though, have to come from somewhere to seed these efforts. That's why instead of reparations checks to individuals, I would support funding to get some of this stuff into high gear.
Excellent commentary!

Nowhere near all of the problems that stem from chattel slavery, all the abuse that followed it, and all the abuse that continues, in addition to blatant and structural racism could be covered by dozens of textbooks, at the least.

Psychological trauma, physical trauma, sexual trauma, murders, lynchings, broken and destroyed families, health and wealth stolen, etc, etc. And some people act like, "Oh well, get over it"! Wow, some people are so out of touch.

We're lucky that the peoples that are descendants of slaves, Native Americans, and Mexicans aren't seeking revenge!

Conservatives act like welfare is reparations! Why are white welfare recipients getting reparations?! Black folks were red-lined from housing, banks, colleges, jobs, etc; buying a house is where many white families got their wealth.

Later European immigrants were given land by the government to help "settle" (steal) the West, but former slaves?

People understand at least the basics. The problem is Americans are stingy conservatives. Improving everyone's life is a socioeconomical investment. That goes for the whole world. Are we going to share the commonwealth, repair domestic and international injustices, change our priorities and technologies so we hopefully don't get pummeled by environmental issues, or are we going to have suffering be even more widespread than it already is? Those are our era's two choices. Worldwide green new deal, massive investments in remediation and green industry, food, technologies, materials, etc ... or massive suffering? This is serious. Get with the program or zip it.

And militarism must go!

Last edited:
Excellent commentary!

Nowhere near all of the problems that stem from chattel slavery, all the abuse that followed it, and all the abuse that continues, in addition to blatant and structural racism could be covered by dozens of textbooks, at the least.

Psychological trauma, physical trauma, sexual trauma, murders, lynchings, broken and destroyed families, health and wealth stolen, etc, etc. And some people act like, "Oh well, get over it"! Wow, some people are so out of touch.

We're lucky that the peoples that are descendants of slaves, Native Americans, and Mexicans aren't seeking revenge!

Conservatives act like welfare is reparations! Why are white welfare recipients getting reparations?! Black folks were red-lined from housing, banks, colleges, jobs, etc; buying a house is where many white families got their wealth.

Later European immigrants were given land by the government to help "settle" (steal) the West, but former slaves?

People understand at least the basics. The problem is Americans are stingy conservatives. Economically, improving everyone's life is a socioeconomical investment. That goes for the whole world. Are we going to share the commonwealth, repair domestic and international injustices, change our priorities and technologies so we hopefully don't get pummeled by environmental issues, or are we going to have suffering be even more widespread than it already is? Those are our era's two choices. Worldwide green new deal, massive investments in remediation and green industry, food, technologies, materials, etc ... or massive suffering? This is serious. Get with the program or zip it.
There is so much to it that I only took a flying skim over the top. Feeble, really.

This issue stings. The whites don't want to talk about it. Not that part of it.

What are your thoughts about the fella who was carrying the Confederate flag at the Capitol riot?

It wasn't terrorism. It wasn't his attempt to overthrow the government

And your discussion style is abrasive; another conservative trait, as is closed-mindedness.
You mistake direct for abrasive. Not uncommon for over sensitive passive aggressive types.

As relates to the premise of your thread, I am closed to your nonsensical notion that anyone alive today bears shame for the evils done by others many generations ago.

You mistake direct for abrasive. Not uncommon for over sensitive passive aggressive types.
What a hoot. Do you know who and/or what is the best example of being passive-aggressive?

As relates to the premise of your thread, I am closed to your nonsensical notion that anyone alive today bears shame for the evils done by others many generations ago.
Frankly, it doesn't matter what your opinion is. It'd help if more people weren't so completely wrong on this like you, @NatMorton, and other Trump supporters are. Read and ponder #154, but don't go into battle mode, don't try to reply.

This discussion (I'm not debating because debating is a losing strategy; it's like boxing for political policy or a knife fight for performing scientific work) has brought me to one question. This question has everything that's sociopolitically[?] relevant built into it:

Are you for a worldwide green new deal?

Frankly, it doesn't matter what your opinion is. It'd help if more people weren't so completely wrong on this like you, @NatMorton, and other Trump supporters are. Read and ponder #154, but don't go into battle mode, don't try to reply.
Talk about being wrong. Neither @RaleBulgarian nor I are Trump supporters.

What a hoot. Do you know who and/or what is the best example of being passive-aggressive?

This discussion (I'm not debating because debating is a losing strategy; it's like boxing for political policy or a knife fight for performing scientific work) has brought me to one question. This question has everything that's sociopolitically[?] relevant built into it:

Are you for a worldwide green new deal?
You continue to deliberately mislabel me as a conservative and now egregiously insult me by calling me a Trump supporter, while simultaneously claiming higher ground?

Ridiculous, transparent and pathetically weak passive aggressive horse shit.

And I wasn’t stating an opinion, I was stating fact. We do not bear any guilt for slavery.

You continue to deliberately mislabel me as a conservative and now egregiously insult me by calling me a Trump supporter, while simultaneously claiming higher ground?

Ridiculous, transparent and pathetically weak passive aggressive horse shit.

And I wasn’t stating an opinion, I was stating fact. We do not bear any guilt for slavery.
Conservative liberals like you are harder to reach and reason with than Trump supporters. Unfortunately, most Trump supporters have to be considered so unreasonable and out of touch that one can only hope that they'll understand by "osmosis" or understand when more shit hits the fan.

Never hard to predict where the race baiting will come from.
It's work for them over a very long time. But getting very weak now because
it is thrown up at every turn today. They disagree you are a racist.

We're all going to feel better when we come clean about the skeletons in America's collective closet.

Hearing about the horrendous abuses of chattel slavery (one of the most heinous examples) causes anxiety for most people.

Acknowledging these atrocities is difficult.

We need to further acknowledge these types of things so we can move on by making repairs.

Otherwise, abuses (of a lesser degree) will continue to accumulate. That increases resentments.

If those that fully acknowledge these things have to make repairs without the overwhelming majority of people fully acknowledging these things, then the latter people's resentments are likely increase.

Let's reduce resentments. 🙂

Chattlel slavery?

when did that happen? That's been totally swept under the rug other than the
100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
times it's been brought up in the past 4 years?

Chattlel slavery?

when did that happen? That's been totally swept under the rug other than the
100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
times it's been brought up in the past 4 years?
Hi. How are you? Your comment concerns me.

I purposely wrote it like that to compare you to @NatMorton and Trump supporters. It's a good comparison with regard to this thread topic and others I already mentioned.
So, why did you lie when NatMorton challenged you?

If you think that Trumpsters are the only Americans that refuse to accept blame for the actions of other Americans/colonists hundreds of years ago, you have another think coming.

Conservative liberals like you are harder to reach and reason with than Trump supporters. Unfortunately, most Trump supporters have to be considered so unreasonable and out of touch that one can only hope that they'll understand by "osmosis" or understand when more shit hits the fan.
I prefer the term compassionate conservative. (y)

You will never “reach” me because I don’t live in your deluded universe where innocents are forced to carry the shame of their long dead ancestors.

Then why did he enter the Capitol where a vote was being being held to confirm electoral results?

I have no idea. He made it into the Capitol and did nothing other than pose for pictures. He did not try to overthrow the government. Did not commit acts of terrorism.

I have no idea. He made it into the Capitol and did nothing other than pose for pictures. He did not try to overthrow the government. Did not commit acts of terrorism.

Was he supposed to be in the Capitol? And why would he want to show the flag of a "nation" that was once an ENEMY of the United States, a nation that went to war in order to maintain the scourge of slavery?

Back
Top Bottom