• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well the GOP is setting a new precedent tonight

If it is not your president in office, you do not attend the state of the union speech. I suspect the next GOP president will end up with a lot of empty Dem chairs when the time comes. The GOP has become the divide the nation party and tonight is no exemption. I am really getting sick of the pettiness of the GOP as a party. they should call themselves the Trump party and move on.

It's just as well. Many of these Trumpsters are so deranged I don't really want them anywhere near Biden, especially MTG, Boebert, and Gosar.

:ROFLMAO:

Leftists still trying to pretend they havent been responding with pettiness to Trumps campaign and election for the last 6 years.

Trump refused to shake her outstretched hand before the speech (how’s that for pettiness) and lied obviously quite a bit during the speech. That’s why she tore it up.

she will assure you that she only ripped up the pages where she found an outright lie. That's why she ripped each one up individually. Nancy did not write those lies on those pages.

Righties still trying to pretend they didn't support a literal fascist named donald trump.
I have always been willing to forgive republicans for supporting him over Hillary. They closed their eyes, held their tongue and noses and just wished real hard that he would somehow blossom into a human being while learning to be 'presidential' Now you and I weren't that stupid and naive, but I had a forgiving nature. We have all made mistakes as voters. That lasted about two years. Anyone who was still supporting that wanna-be Mussolini after the Mueller report, the impeachment hearings, the efforts to cleanse the Justice Department, the FBI, and the AG's office of enemies, was willing to play with fire and risk our democracy for hyper-partisan or job security purposes. For the most part, they still are only now we know so much more about this man's plans.

Wow, the GOP response was a joke, the Iowa Governor looked she was giving her 8th grade book report.

Wow, the GOP response was a joke, the Iowa Governor looked she was giving her 8th grade book report.
Really!! I was pretty shocked at how bad she was. The GOP likes to get a woman up there to do their whining, and she certainly delivered that. My sincere condolences to the people of Iowa.

That's a hell of an irony - complaining about HER tearing up a trump document. Then he had the gall to say that her tearing a document was illegal.
He only knew that because his aides kept telling him that.

Reactions: JMR
If it is not your president in office, you do not attend the state of the union speech. I suspect the next GOP president will end up with a lot of empty Dem chairs when the time comes. The GOP has become the divide the nation party and tonight is no exemption. I am really getting sick of the pettiness of the GOP as a party. they should call themselves the Trump party and move on.
I saw several Republicans in the audience.

Leftists still trying to pretend they havent been responding with pettiness to Trumps campaign and election for the last 6 years.
Freudian slip?

That's the problem. Trump didn't give SOTU speeches. He held campaign rallies. They were disgusting.

That's not new. I suggest you go back and look at all the empty seats on the dem side during Trumps SOTU speeches.

Someone seems to forget the Democrats boycotting Trumps speech if they think this is unprecedented
Correction; “some Democrats” boycotted Loser #45’s speech.

Correction; “some Democrats” boycotted Loser #45’s speech.
And some Republicans boycotted senile #46’s. No precedent for whiners not attending was set, that tradition had been established before tonight.

And some Republicans boycotted senile #46’s. No precedent for whiners not attending was set, that tradition had been established before tonight.
Not the point of my post. Your broad brush assertion of “the Democrats” is.
Someone seems to forget the Democrats boycotting Trumps speech if they think this is unprecedented

For the last six years, Trump has praised dictators and insulted democratic allies, has insulted blacks, Hispanics, immigrants, refugees, the media, etc., has claimed fraud in 2016 and 2020 with no evidence, has lied thousands of documented times. How can it possibly be petty to object to that?

Back
Top Bottom