• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well the GOP is setting a new precedent tonight

Trump refused to shake her outstretched hand before the speech (how’s that for pettiness) and lied obviously quite a bit during the speech. That’s why she tore it up.
The handshake snub was just another unpresidential act by Loser #45. IMO, at the time, Pelosi likely didn’t much care. Loser #45 had recently been impeached for the first time, and anger/resentment were the primary emotions still being felt by both sides.

Adding to the already palpable hostile atmosphere, Loser #45 repeatedly openly attacked the Democrats and his predecessors. Really poor form.

Then there’s his awarding of our country’s highest civilian award, the Medal of Freedom, to the late far right turd, Limbaugh.

Still, Pelosi’s tearing up of the SOTU speech was wrong, period.

It wasn't a SOTU. That's the whole point. It was a campaign rally. Highly unethical.
Mostly agree. Much of what Loser #45 said was uncalled for and an embarrassment to his office and the country however, if he is to be criticized for blowing his own horn, all of his predecessors, and the current president deserve the same admonishment.

For the last six years, Trump has praised dictators and insulted democratic allies, has insulted blacks, Hispanics, immigrants, refugees, the media, etc., has claimed fraud in 2016 and 2020 with no evidence, has lied thousands of documented times. How can it possibly be petty to object to that?
You 'people' applauded the leftist rats that fabricated lies to overthrow a duly elected president. you have shit for credibility.

If it is not your president in office, you do not attend the state of the union speech. I suspect the next GOP president will end up with a lot of empty Dem chairs when the time comes. The GOP has become the divide the nation party and tonight is no exemption. I am really getting sick of the pettiness of the GOP as a party. they should call themselves the Trump party and move on.
The democrats started it by not clapping in Trump's first address.

Then asinine Pelosi ripping those papers up over Trump. 1st-grade garbage.

YOU GOT WHAT YOU VOTED FOR, FOR WHAT YOU DEMANDED, AND FOR WHAT YOU WISHED FOR.

LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT - YOU VOTED IT IN.

I’m finding it incredibly annoying that some women in congress have chosen to wear either red or blue. We are one ****ing country for chrissake.

You would never know it after a spending a couple of hours on Debate Politics. ;)

T
Someone seems to forget the Democrats boycotting Trumps speech if they think this is unprecedented
Two wrongs do not make it right.

We are discussing tonight's speech, do better at rebuttals.

I believe there was a requirement to provide a negative Covid test prior to entry. I guess there were some who didn't want to do that.

Pettiness indeed.

View attachment 67377780
Read the speech...

Pelosi: "falsehoods..... saying he was protecting pre-existing conditions when he's in court to tear it down... the list is a long one..."

Last edited:
You 'people' applauded the leftist rats that fabricated lies to overthrow a duly elected president. you have shit for credibility.
Your post is a cry for help, not the offensive you intend. If you could support it with links directing readers to evidence, you would have.
This omission parallels Trump's inability to support such claims.

600px-20210609_Trump_lies%2C_statements_after_leaving_office_-_horizontal_bar_chart.svg.png

"According to CNN fact checker Daniel Dale, as of June 9, 2021, former president Donald Trump had issued 132 written statements since leaving office, of which "a third have included lies about the election" – more than any other subject.[17] "

Feds oppose immediate release of voting machine report​

A federal cybersecurity agency is reviewing a report that alleges security vulnerabilities in voting machines used by Georgia and other states
By KATE BRUMBACK Associated Press
February 11, 2022,
"...Halderman told The Associated Press in August that he’d seen no evidence that the machines’ vulnerabilities were used to tamper with the 2020 election, but he said “there remain serious risks that policymakers and the public need to be aware of.”.."

U of Mich. computer science prof: no fraud in Antrim Co. 2020 ...

https://www.record-eagle.com › news › u-of-mich-compu...
Mar 30, 2021 — Matthew DePerno, a Portage-based attorney representing Bailey in the lawsuit, did not respond to a request for comment on Halderman's findings ...

Trump tells Republican delegates to back Matt DePerno for Michigan attorney general​

Updated: Feb. 28, 2022, 10:59 a.m. | Published: Feb. 28, 2022,
"..DePerno filed a lawsuit in Antrim County alleging Dominion Voting Systems equipment was intentionally designed to shift voting totals. The lawsuit was dismissed and the voting equipment claims were thoroughly refuted by expert analysis and state election officials.

Republican lawmakers also determined DePerno’s claims are “indisputably false” and “blatherskite.” A Senate Oversight Committee report concluded DePerno’s Antrim County claims are “demonstrably false and based on misleading information and illogical conclusions.”.."

Last edited:
Your post is a cry for help, not the offensive you intend. If you could support it with links directing readers to evidence, you would have.
This omission parallels Trump's inability to support such claims.

600px-20210609_Trump_lies%2C_statements_after_leaving_office_-_horizontal_bar_chart.svg.png

"According to CNN fact checker Daniel Dale, as of June 9, 2021, former president Donald Trump had issued 132 written statements since leaving office, of which "a third have included lies about the election" – more than any other subject.[17] "

Feds oppose immediate release of voting machine report​

A federal cybersecurity agency is reviewing a report that alleges security vulnerabilities in voting machines used by Georgia and other states
By KATE BRUMBACK Associated Press
February 11, 2022,
"...Halderman told The Associated Press in August that he’d seen no evidence that the machines’ vulnerabilities were used to tamper with the 2020 election, but he said “there remain serious risks that policymakers and the public need to be aware of.”.."

U of Mich. computer science prof: no fraud in Antrim Co. 2020 ...

https://www.record-eagle.com › news › u-of-mich-compu...
Mar 30, 2021 — Matthew DePerno, a Portage-based attorney representing Bailey in the lawsuit, did not respond to a request for comment on Halderman's findings ...

Trump tells Republican delegates to back Matt DePerno for Michigan attorney general​

Updated: Feb. 28, 2022, 10:59 a.m. | Published: Feb. 28, 2022,
"..DePerno filed a lawsuit in Antrim County alleging Dominion Voting Systems equipment was intentionally designed to shift voting totals. The lawsuit was dismissed and the voting equipment claims were thoroughly refuted by expert analysis and state election officials.

Republican lawmakers also determined DePerno’s claims are “indisputably false” and “blatherskite.” A Senate Oversight Committee report concluded DePerno’s Antrim County claims are “demonstrably false and based on misleading information and illogical conclusions.”.."
:ROFLMAO:
Thats a lot of effort to go through to try to avoid the undeniable fact that your rat party fabricated a dossier of lies, colluded with rats in the FBI who lied to the FISA courts, spun a completely fabricated lie about Russian collusion that you all too eagerly swallowed and still believe, and then your rat party spent years attempting to fabricate enough lies to try to oust a duly eected president.

You have shit for credibility. And all your pathetic attempts at diversion do is further prove the point.

Are the Republcans not attending?
Only a handful. Stupid idiots.

Sen. Marco Rubio, Rep Chip Roy, Mary Miller, Bob Good, Matt Rosendale and Andrew Clyde all said they would not attend because of Covid testing requirements.

Five Democrats were also kept from the maskless chamber because they tested positive. So the testing served its purpose.

If it is not your president in office, you do not attend the state of the union speech. I suspect the next GOP president will end up with a lot of empty Dem chairs when the time comes. The GOP has become the divide the nation party and tonight is no exemption. I am really getting sick of the pettiness of the GOP as a party. they should call themselves the Trump party and move on.
The slow dying ALEC anti American GOP has pulled this crap before....... yet they have nothing to offer EXCEPT another coup attempt sometime in the future.

NEVER VOTE REPUBLICAN AGAIN!!!!!!!

Most democrats don't worship politicians we just expect them to do their jobs.......

Unprecedented? Some democrats did this in 2020, and Nancy Pelosi ripped her copy in 1/2 on national television. Besides .. Biden promised to unify the country as his presidential run ramped up, and he has done pretty much the opposite.

Is it just me, or does the real battle for freedom in Ukraine against a real dictator make the covidiots look even more pathetic than before?

T

Two wrongs do not make it right.

We are discussing tonight's speech, do better at rebuttals.
Ithis whole thread is about the few Republicans who did not attend the speech not the speech itself there are other threads on that topic. Before you crtitoze someone’s rebuttal maybe you should pay a little more attention to the topic of the thread you’re posting in.

Is it just me, or does the real battle for freedom in Ukraine against a real dictator make the covidiots look even more pathetic than before?
Yep it’s just you

Ithis whole thread is about the few Republicans who did not attend the speech not the speech itself there are other threads on that topic. Before you crtitoze someone’s rebuttal maybe you should pay a little more attention to the topic of the thread you’re posting in.
When your a mod i may just show your post some respect.

Mostly agree. Much of what Loser #45 said was uncalled for and an embarrassment to his office and the country however, if he is to be criticized for blowing his own horn, all of his predecessors, and the current president deserve the same admonishment.
It's a matter of degree in my opinion.

But but but China Joe himself said multiple times that he would unite the nation. When does that start? When will he do something, anything that unites the country? Come on China Joe you only have about one year left in office so when do you get this done?

They claim to stand by Ukraine in their fight for democracy yet attack our own democratic institutions and traditions.

Either a really, really short memory, or completely unaware. Wow.

Just. Wow.

But but but China Joe himself said multiple times that he would unite the nation. When does that start? When will he do something, anything that unites the country? Come on China Joe you only have about one year left in office so when do you get this done?

Not saying he wants to lock up the opposition is a refreshing change.

Does it start after siccing his DOJ on school parents, considering them domestic terrorists?
Does it start when he attacks LEOs?
Does it start when Biden divides us on covid?
Does it start when Biden opens the border to 2 million illegals?

The right claimed to be the law and order party under the most corrupt President in U.S. history. That is shit for credibility.

Back
Top Bottom