• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We members of the LBGTQ community are definitely more powerful than I realized.

The DSM 5 is the list of all accepted mental illnesses. It's how insurance companies agree to pay for treatment.

It does not nean you are a bad person to have a mental illness and it certainly can be treated

You did not supply the proof. :) Please try again.

Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness. It is a term referring to psychological distress that occurs when a person's expected gender expression doesn't match their internal gender identity. The reason suicide rates are unusually high for the transgender is the same as the reason suicide rates for people suffering from depression is unusually high: They both involve a great deal of psychological distress. Fortunately, those with gender dysphoria can be helped with treatments affirming their internal gender identity.
"physiological distress" = mental illness

Do you actually want to know what distinguished the experience of gays, lesbians and transgender from racial, ethnic, or religious discrimination so dramatically that those suicide, and other forms of self- harm might be more pervasive? The answer is really rather simple , obvious, and logical but it is not worth it to me to type it, if you are a homophobe or transphobe who's locked into your mental illness premise.

You have to be willing to learn.
I have learned

"physiological distress" = mental illness
Um, no. 'physiological distress' actually refers to distress that impacts the bodily part functions https://www.bing.com/search?q=defin...20640j0j1&pglt=427&FORM=ANNTA1&DAF1=1&PC=HCTS
physiological
[ˌfizēəˈläjək(ə)l]

ADJECTIVE
  1. relating to the branch of biology that deals with the normal functions of living organisms and their parts.
    "physiological research on the causes of violent behavior"
    • relating to the way in which a living organism or bodily part functions.
      "slow down your body's physiological response to anger by breathing deeply"

Well actually it is in the DSM 5 as a mental illness and can be used by insurance for treatment of mental illness.
Being transgender is not the same as gender dysphoria. You can be trans and still not expeince gender dysphoria. They were very clear to draw the line saying that trans people are not mentally ill just because they are trans.

Reactions: AJG
No, you probably haven't. I doubt you ever cared enough to bother because most people who still spout off about homosexuality as a 'mental illness' don't. But I do try periodically just in case somebody out there actually does.
lets hear it pal

lets hear it pal
Oh I already posted my explanation as to what sets gay and trans discrimination apart from forms of racism, sexism or religious discrimination and why there might be higher figures for depression and subsequent self harm behavior (suicide) among young gay or trans kids. And it not because homosexuality is a mental illness. Its sitting in post # 20.

Oh I already posted my explanation as to what sets gay and trans discrimination apart from forms of racism, sexism or religious discrimination and why there might be higher figures for depression and subsequent self harm behavior (suicide) among young gay or trans kids. And it not because homosexuality is a mental illness. Its sitting in post # 20.
theres tons of support for trannies

Back
Top Bottom