• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We members of the LBGTQ community are definitely more powerful than I realized.

I hope you understand Mormons believe a man and woman marriage is essential to go to celestial heaven and be exalted as a god, right? I highly doubt he's being honest in the article. As a gay man myself I couldn't ever be aroused or have "great sex" with a woman. I can almost guarantee you he's thinking about boys when he's with her if he's being honest.
I know that being Mormon isn't Christian as they take issue with the Bible, they believe in eternal marriage, they believe CHRIST and Lucifer are brothers, they believe our souls existed prior to being born a human on this planet, the believe GOD was once a being just like us, they believe Joseph Smith was a prophet, and the list goes on and on.

My contention was that if a man (any man) can have woman as a friend and care for her as he would any friend, then I don't see why that man would feel odd in being the husband of such a woman. It's kind of like Will and Grace. The show simply didn't make sense to me except it was sometime funny. One doesn't need "great" sex --- all one needs is a loving and caring relationship that has the potential of producing children. Great sex is not forever. I cannot even imagine that sex with a 80 year old would be as rambunctious as with a 30 year old. Time flies...

I know that being Mormon isn't Christian as they take issue with the Bible, they believe in eternal marriage, they believe CHRIST and Lucifer are brothers, they believe our souls existed prior to being born a human on this planet, the believe GOD was once a being just like us, they believe Joseph Smith was a prophet, and the list goes on and on.

My contention was that if a man (any man) can have woman as a friend and care for her as he would any friend, then I don't see why that man would feel odd in being the husband of such a woman. It's kind of like Will and Grace. The show simply didn't make sense to me except it was sometime funny. One doesn't need "great" sex --- all one needs is a loving and caring relationship that has the potential of producing children. Great sex is not forever. I cannot even imagine that sex with a 80 year old would be as rambunctious as with a 30 year old. Time flies...

The guy in the article also stated he was weakly attracted to women and pansexual. For me, I cannot form a romantic tie to a woman. I find it totally foreign how straight guys go gaga over vaginas, boobs, butts, etc. However, I'm very much attracted to and romantically able to bond with men. Ask yourself, could you enter into a sexual loving relationship with someone of the same sex? Why not?

My contention was that if a man (any man) can have woman as a friend and care for her as he would any friend, then I don't see why that man would feel odd in being the husband of such a woman.
So you don't understand why a gay man wouldn't want to be a husband to a woman?
It's kind of like Will and Grace. The show simply didn't make sense to me except it was sometime funny. One doesn't need "great" sex --- all one needs is a loving and caring relationship that has the potential of producing children.
No they don't. If you need a relationship that produces children that's your business.
Great sex is not forever. I cannot even imagine that sex with a 80 year old would be as rambunctious as with a 30 year old. Time flies...
We're not talking about great sex we're talking about sex at all.

If you're a gay person you're going to have a hard time having sex with someone of the opposite sex. It's not that it's not great it's that it's not there at all. Or it's a chore. I doubt a couple doing that is going to produce children.

The guy in the article also stated he was weakly attracted to women and pansexual. For me, I cannot form a romantic tie to a woman. I find it totally foreign how straight guys go gaga over vaginas, boobs, butts, etc. However, I'm very much attracted to and romantically able to bond with men. Ask yourself, could you enter into a sexual loving relationship with someone of the same sex? Why not?
I don't understand why this is a difficult thing for people to grasp if I could have a romantic relationship a sexual relationship with a woman I probably wouldn't be gay.

I want kids. You say straight guys have a thing for boobs, and yet I cannot imagine that you would be intentionally attracted to flat chested beer belly dudes. As for butts, that again seems more a gay thing and something a healthy guy wouldn't be intentionally going after. Eyes, mouth, swan neck, boobs, and legs ----- curves, pretty hair. And honestly --- there are MALE weight lifters who have bigger "boobs" than sweet women and much shapelier legs than Miss Olive Oil. :cool:

But all the materialism aside, I was looking for a nice modest lady. I wanted our views of GOD to jive biblically... I wanted kids and a godly woman who would be a kind, thoughtful, strict, loving mother for any children that might come along. and who wanted kids. I wanted her to appreciate me. Men I'd view as the competition --- in fact, I actually nearly got into a fight with a guy who started to hang around the woman I eventually married --- after she told him she was interested in me and he kept coming on to her. He eventually got another girl in trouble --- yet he did marry her. I didn't hate the dude. I wanted him to back off.

Guys are buds. Guys have your back. I like model trains and records and antiques and singing and I've acted and I like wood working. A bud can say, "Yo, man --- you're being a real jerk!" where a woman might just cry. Though my wife has called me a jerk when I needed it. ;) But, I love my friends ---- I ain't going to banging on them to whang my jollies. I cannot imagine anyone being "romantic" with a guy but a lady. Do I know my wife's favorite colors? Yes, sir! Do I know my wife's favorite flowers? Yes, sir! Can I cook and make something special for HER? Yes, sir!

I don't wish to live a PLAYBOY existence? No, that isn't me.

I don't understand why this is a difficult thing for people to grasp if I could have a romantic relationship a sexual relationship with a woman I probably wouldn't be gay.
The Mormon guy hadn't had sex with anyone (according to the story) yet. He felt drawn to guys. I believe once a guy starts to smoke, quitting becomes a problem. I also believe as with smoking, the act actually changes the brain and not necessarily the other way around. Food for thought: https://blogs.iu.edu/kinseyinstitut...cal-twins-have-different-sexual-orientations/

Last edited:
The Mormon guy hadn't had sex with anyone (according to the story) yet. He felt drawn to guys.
Most people that have a sexual orientation know what it is before they have sex with anyone.

I knew I was gay long before I ever had sex with anyone.

I believe once a guy starts to smoke, quitting becomes a problem. I also believe as with smoking, the act actually changes the brain and not necessarily the other way around.
Believe whatever you want, I don't think your belief is based on any kind of evidence. It's b based strictly On emotion.

Coming to accept my sexuality with nothing like smoking.

I had to want to smoke I had to keep trying. The opposite of that is typically the case with gay people.

This is how I know you don't listen and you don't care. You don't know the first thing about it. You believe that I wanted to be gay. When I know better than you I try for the better part of two decades not to be.

When I quit smoking it took a month.

It's not like having a cigarette. Not even close

This didn't say anything even close to your belief

I want kids.
You can have kids if you're gay many gay people do.
You say straight guys have a thing for boobs, and yet I cannot imagine that you would be intentionally attracted to flat chested beer belly dudes.
I find myself attracted to guys that don't have beer bellies. There is a such thing. It certainly wasn't intentional. I fought against it for years.
As for butts, that again seems more a gay thing and something a healthy guy wouldn't be intentionally going after.
So you have no idea about what straight guys are attracted to either
Eyes, mouth, swan neck, boobs, and legs ----- curves, pretty hair.
Everybody has their thing.
And honestly --- there are MALE weight lifters who have bigger "boobs" than sweet women and much shapelier legs than Miss Olive Oil. :cool:
So your attracted to those man boobs? They aren't flat chested.
But all the materialism aside, I was looking for a nice modest lady.
I wanted our views of GOD to jive biblically... I wanted kids and a godly woman who would be a kind, thoughtful, strict, loving mother for any children that might come along. and who wanted kids.
Yeah I wanted that too, or at least I thought I did. I didn't have the convenience of having sexual attraction toward women. I learned what I wanted wasn't really what I wanted.
I wanted her to appreciate me. Men I'd view as the competition
--- in fact, I actually nearly got into a fight with a guy who started to hang around the woman I eventually married
You wouldn't think that way about men if you were gay.
--- after she told him she was interested in me and he kept coming on to her. He eventually got another girl in trouble --- yet he did marry her. I didn't hate the dude. I wanted him to back off.

Guys are buds. Guys have your back. I like model trains and records and antiques and singing and I've acted and I like wood working. A bud can say, "Yo, man --- you're being a real jerk!" where a woman might just cry. Though my wife has called me a jerk when I needed it. ;) But, I love my friends ---- I ain't going to banging on them to whang my jollies.
Yeah stupid rant.

I have friends they have my back, I've down wood working with them and helped one male friend put an engine in his car. I'm not going to bang them even if they wanted me to.

I cannot imagine anyone being "romantic" with a guy but a lady.
I can imagine being romantic with a lady I've tried it didn't work. Maybe this is why gay men understand more than you do. They've at least tried to walk in your shoes.
Do I know my wife's favorite colors? Yes, sir! Do I know my wife's favorite flowers? Yes, sir! Can I cook and make something special for HER? Yes, sir!
I know my partners favorite colors as well as other things. I generally do the cooking because I like doing it (considered being a chef) sand I'm better at it.
I don't wish to live a PLAYBOY existence? No, that isn't me.
Me either.

Most people that have a sexual orientation know what it is before they have sex with anyone.
Most kids are drawn to their own sex when they are kids. Boys think girls are icky and Girls think boys smell. Been there done that.
I knew I was gay long before I ever had sex with anyone.
When I was young teen, I had no idea that gays existed. A "fairy" was a boy who acted like a bad example of a girl. I could not imagine a guy having sec with another guy anymore than to have sex with a fire hydrant.
Believe whatever you want, I don't think your belief is based on any kind of evidence. It's b based strictly On emotion.
I know that that your beliefs are strictly emotional because you seem to fall apart whenever anyone disagrees with your values and opinions.
Coming to accept my sexuality with nothing like smoking.

I had to want to smoke I had to keep trying. The opposite of that is typically the case with gay people.
I believe gay people want to be accepted by those of the same sex, and they find that by engaging in sex they are fulfilling someone's fantasy. Perhaps they have been hurt by someone of the opposite sex and don't feel safe pursuing that direction. Perhaps they feel pressured by society to perform sexually and the same sex is what was available at the time and they no nothing else... A very good reason not to worry about sex and let GOD decide if a relationship is needed.
This is how I know you don't listen and you don't care. You don't know the first thing about it. You believe that I wanted to be gay. When I know better than you I try for the better part of two decades not to be.
I believe if you didn't want to be gay, you would find a way with GOD's direction. Trying means not engaging in sex with anyone.
When I quit smoking it took a month.
I tried smoking once, and I admit I am CHEAP. I could not bring myself to waste good money on bad breath.
It's not like having a cigarette. Not even close
I have a few friends who smoke. I told them I'd be willing to help them. One quit. The others say to get off their back. And I tell them I want them as friends for a long time. I had one say that if I didn't get off his back, our friendship would end a whole lot sooner. I let him alone ---- He still is not happy either way...
This didn't say anything even close to your belief
They are indicating that there are very likely a multitude of reasons why someone becomes "gay", and it is likely to involve environmental issues, but genes don't seem to be the best reason. And environmental could involve who one hangs with just as likely as plastics in the water.

Most kids are drawn to their own sex when they are kids.
So when straight men were thirteen they thought about hugging and kissing other boys? They just lied about wanting to do that with girls?

Boys think girls are icky and Girls think boys smell. Been there done that.
Maybe you were just a late bloomer.
When I was young teen, I had no idea that gays existed.
I didn't grow up in Mars.
A "fairy" was a boy who acted like a bad example of a girl.
I would have never been considered a fairy quite the opposite.
I could not imagine a guy having sec with another guy anymore than to have sex with a fire hydrant.
I get that you aren't gay you don't have to keep affirming that for my sake. I've never asked you to imagine anything.
I know that that your beliefs are strictly emotional because you seem to fall apart whenever anyone disagrees with your values and opinions.
Posturing.
I believe gay people want to be accepted by those of the same sex,
Accepted in what way?
and they find that by engaging in sex they are fulfilling someone's fantasy.
I'm not sure that makes sense. Explain.
Perhaps they have been hurt by someone of the opposite sex and don't feel safe pursuing that direction.
Not in my memory, I have a loving mother and sister. Female friends that I love dearly.
Perhaps they feel pressured by society to perform sexually and the same sex is what was available at the time and they no nothing else...
The exact opposite in reality. Heterosexual women are far more available than men willing to have sex with men.

I've never been to jail, I know and have a good relationship with my father.
A very good reason not to worry about sex and let GOD decide if a relationship is needed.
I didn't and he did.
I believe if you didn't want to be gay, you would find a way with GOD's direction.
I believe God creates gay people and expects them to pursue relationships to test the ability of his faithful to love and act as Jesus called them to.
Trying means not engaging in sex with anyone.
Sex is secondary. Maybe this is a lesson you need to learn.
I tried smoking once, and I admit I am CHEAP. I could not bring myself to waste good money on bad breath.
Okay
I have a few friends who smoke. I told them I'd be willing to help them. One quit. The others say to get off their back. And I tell them I want them as friends for a long time. I had one say that if I didn't get off his back, our friendship would end a whole lot sooner. I let him alone ---- He still is not happy either way...
Maybe consider that your friend knows it's bad for him and doesn't need you to be his mommy. Maybe he wants to quit and he's trying to find the strength. Perhaps he knows he has to do it on his own.
They are indicating that there are very likely a multitude of reasons why someone becomes "gay",
Meh, chase your reasons. It doesn't really matter. It's not something I can help, and it's not something anybody else can help either. So whatever the reasons it's much better just to accept it.

I'm glad I was able to.
and it is likely to involve environmental issues,
This seems like wishful thinking. There hasn't been any environmental issues that have been determined that contribute to this.
but genes don't seem to be the best reason.
This also seems like wishful thinking. The idea that it's something predetermined would indicate everything you believe to this point is false. The existence of genetic causes for homosexuality cause you angst.
And environmental could involve who one hangs with just as likely as plastics in the water.
Not likely the plastics in the water. Homosexual men existed before plastic.

Back
Top Bottom