• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We have a plan to end gun violence.

Mungo Jerry

Brother...bring me the flamer...the HEAVY flamer..
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Our friends at Everytown, Amnesty International, Sandyhook Promise, et al, want to "end gun violence"

End.
Not reduce. End.
As in "bring to zero".
Which, of course, requires the elimination of all privately and publicly held firearms, as well as the means to make more.

Do you suppose these people...
... are simply naive and actually believe this can be done?
... are serious and are willing to take the stems necessary for this to happen?
... are lying about their goal and and instead simply want to restrict the right to keep and bear arms as much as possible?

Or something else?

I think we should start handing out guns when babies are being discharged from the hospital after being born.

They need to learn how to defend themselves.

Obviously MORE guns is the answer.
Well, you say this in jest, but if guns were surgically implanted into every 4 year old child's arms, we would solve the "problem" of gun violence within 30 days.

I think we should start handing out guns when babies are being discharged from the hospital after being born.
Can't address the issue, eh?
Typical.

Ending gun violence sounds un-American.

Troll better.
What?

You're the one who said:
Which, of course, requires the elimination of all privately and publicly held firearms, as well as the means to make more.

I've taken the opposite stance.

What is your issue with that?

My proposition is just as valid as yours, is it not?

Or were you trolling when you made that statement? Is that it?

The anti-gun retards solution for every problem is to target the people that arent the ****ing problem.
Ahyup. Victims of gun violence are just tools in their minds, nothing more. They feign concern for them, but all they really care about is solidifying power by disarming dissent.

Our friends at Everytown, Amnesty International, Sandyhook Promise, et al, want to "end gun violence"
. . . End.
Not reduce. End.
As in "bring to zero".
They have neither the power nor the ability to eliminate firearms.

It's a silly fantasy of the left to eliminate all firearms.
... are simply naive and actually believe this can be done? . . .
Delusional is a better word.

edit to add:

for shits and giggles, I actually read one of the articles.

This is among the list of "solutions" to end gun violence:

Avoid Online Debates.
Like I said, these anti-gun wackos are delusional.

Last edited:

End.
Not reduce. End.
As in "bring to zero".

... are lying about their goal and and instead simply want to restrict the right to keep and bear arms as much as possible?

Or something else?
How about forgoing all the nuttiness and just seek to actually solve the causes of violent crime? A good start would be adressing the gang violence in the inner cities with are pretty much all run by democrat politicians. Addressing this nation's revolving door criminal justice system would help as well.

This is among the list of "solutions" to end gun violence: Avoid Online Debates.
They do not want their useful idiots to engage in on-line debates because they only serve to illustrate the inanity of their positions and the ignorance of their supporters.
As we see here.

^^^^The poster who bragged about owning multiple safes full of guns, including several AR-15 rifles^^^^

Good that you've put your More Guns plan in motion.

That's almost as ridiculous as Everytown's plan. Almost.

End.
Not reduce. End.
As in "bring to zero".

That would not be possible, any more than it is possible to eliminate the use of illegal drugs that kill over 100,000 people every year.

Ending gun violence sounds un-American.
Not un-American, just un-realistic. This is to be expected from the mentally-diseased left. They simply do not live in the real-world.

Only mindless idiots thinks all violence originates with firearms, which accurately describes the left. What about violence by knives, clubs, explosives, and all other arms? Firearms are only one type of arm, and the Second Amendment protects the people's right to keep and bear all arms.

According to mental-midget leftists, the arms Timothy McVeigh used to commit the largest mass murder in American history is a perfectly acceptable form of violence because it doesn't involve a single firearm. The only violence these leftist morons are interested in stopping is "gun violence."

That would not be possible, any more than it is possible to eliminate the use of illegal drugs that kill over 100,000 people every year.
What's that tell you about their intentions?

Yeah...metal detectors aren't very effective at finding drugs. Guns are a little different.

Yeah...metal detectors aren't very effective at finding drugs. Guns are a little different.

Drug sniffing dogs are good at finding drugs. Where are you going to put all these metal detectors?

End.
Not reduce. End.
As in "bring to zero".

Or something else?
I think they're criminals and they want it to be easier to victimize people and harder to have their life taken. What else would you oppose ownership of firearms

Not necessarily more guns in the right hands is the answer.

Back
Top Bottom