• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Watch Conservative Media's Favorite Benghazi Myth Fall Apart [W:47,61]

It was the CIA who scrubbed the original talking points.

Yup. And the CIA said that what came out had nothing to do with what they put in. The talking point about the video apparently came from the White House Staff.

We KNOW, now, what happened in Benghazi. We've known it for almost a year.

In fact we do not.

Where is the smoking gun? What the **** do you think is going to turn up?

I think that we are going to find that the lives of Americans were deliberately subordinated to winning a Presidential campaign.

The idea that they were intentionally left to die; the video (which WAS an issue in the ME and North Africa at the time); the alleged "stand down" order; these mythical legions of American troops we could have sent on a doomed rescue mission ... it's all fiction.

I never saw a single right-winger give a rat's ass about the embassy personnel all over the world that were killed before Obama took office

Perhaps because they weren't the object of a cover-up campaign involving heavy intimidation of lifelong civil servants and national security personnel, the firing of multiple general officers, bald-faced deliberate lies to the American people, etc?

and to be quite frank, Republican concern over Benghazi is FAR MORE than Republican concern over 9/11,

:confused: wtf? Dude Republicans invaded two countries over that and ran a national-security-heavy administration for seven years, involving a complete reprioritization of intelligence and defense priorities allocations and alignments, increased engagement with dozens of nations, and they ran a presidential campaign on it. Over Benghazi they want hearings.

You want to know why I utterly despise the Republican party?

You lack perspective enough to be able to say things like: Republican concern over Benghazi is FAR MORE than Republican concern over 9/11?

Yup. And the CIA said that what came out had nothing to do with what they put in. The talking point about the video apparently came from the White House Staff.

The CIA didn't leave anything in.

Clearly there were institutional security failures in Benghazi ... it was a consulate and needed protection that wasn't provided, be it prior or after the fact. However, once the crap went down, this notion that magic troops were going to drop in and magically make everything all better is pure fantasy.

In fact we do not.

Keep telling yourself that.

I think that we are going to find that the lives of Americans were deliberately subordinated to winning a Presidential campaign.

Repeating it ad nauseam with no evidence doesn't make that true.

Perhaps because they weren't the object of a cover-up campaign involving heavy intimidation of lifelong civil servants and national security personnel, the firing of multiple general officers, bald-faced deliberate lies to the American people, etc?

"Nobody cared a whit" is somehow better, apparently. The Benghazi dog isn't hunting, dude. The only people who think something more insidious happened are people with a political agenda.

:confused: wtf? Dude Republicans invaded two countries over that and ran a national-security-heavy administration for seven years, involving a complete reprioritization of intelligence and defense priorities allocations and alignments, increased engagement with dozens of nations, and they ran a presidential campaign on it. Over Benghazi they want hearings.

Yeah, two countries, including one that had nothing to do with it. I don't mean how the GOP twisted the entire country into doing the 9/11 cha-cha; I mean that Republicans have called hearing after hearing when it took an act of god to drag most of them before the 9/11 commission. 9/11 wasn't a concern for the GOP, it was a justification.

You lack perspective enough to be able to say things like: Republican concern over Benghazi is FAR MORE than Republican concern over 9/11?

Stick your perspective straight up your self-righteous ass. I'm old enough, by a long shot, to remember 9/11 and how your sainted GOP used the people who died there for political gain.

The CIA didn't leave anything in.

The CIA did not insert anything about the video - that came from the White House desperate to hide the fact that there had been AQ warnings, and that the attacks contrasted with the Obama' campaigns claims about the success of its' counter-terror program.

Clearly there were institutional security failures in Benghazi ... it was a consulate and needed protection that wasn't provided, be it prior or after the fact. However, once the crap went down, this notion that magic troops were going to drop in and magically make everything all better is pure fantasy.

Magic? Make everything all better? No. But we did have assets that were capable of being moved in, and they were stood down. We have a variety of units designed to respond specifically to this kind of event.

Keep telling yourself that.

I intend to keep telling others that in the hopes that eventually we'll be able to run this to ground.

Repeating it ad nauseam with no evidence doesn't make that true.

That is correct - it is the fact that it is true that makes it true.

"Nobody cared a whit" is somehow better, apparently. The Benghazi dog isn't hunting, dude. The only people who think something more insidious happened are people with a political agenda.

That is also not accurate. For example, we actually had a guy on this forum who was a fairly progressive fellow and happened to be a guy who actually knew the players on the ground, had just left that consulate, and was with State. He was pretty livid - he hasn't been around much since, but last time he was in here he had (as I recall) some bitter things to say about the administration he had previously spent months defending. Then he got upset because all of his former allies started personally attacking people he had worked with and respected because they were disputing the administrations' claims, and, again, sort of dropped off the boards.

Incidentally - before you simply state that the man built a multi-year false persona because he had magically predicted such an event and wanted to use it in a useless debate forum to lend credence to the administrations' critics, I actually was able to check him out in RL - and he was indeed legit.

Yeah, two countries, including one that had nothing to do with it.

That's fascinating. You think that the Taliban had nothing to do with Al Qaeda? Man, that's some high-speed intel you've got there.

I don't mean how the GOP twisted the entire country into doing the 9/11 cha-cha; I mean that Republicans have called hearing after hearing when it took an act of god to drag most of them before the 9/11 commission. 9/11 wasn't a concern for the GOP, it was a justification.

:doh Bush set up the Commission when Republicans had taken both houses and his personal approval ratings were still sky high. Furthermore, the changes to the Intelligence Community were driven by the Bush administration.

Stick your perspective straight up your self-righteous ass. I'm old enough, by a long shot, to remember 9/11 and how your sainted GOP used the people who died there for political gain.

You're old enough to remember 9/11? Really? that's your claim to legitimacy here? Heck, I get brand new LCpl's who were in 3rd Grade on 9/11; they "remember 9/11".

No one's claiming the GOP is sainted - there's plenty of idiocy, banality, and corruption in the GOP. We're simply pointing out that the Obama administration proved willing to stand over the caskets of a dead U.S. ambassador and national security personnel and lie to the American people about the circumstances of that successful attack in order to protect themselves politically.

Last edited:
That's fascinating. You think that the Taliban had nothing to do with Al Qaeda? Man, that's some high-speed intel you've got there.

I'll hit the rest of your post later, it's bedtime for bonzo. But I clearly was talking about Iraq, not Afghanistan. Pretty cheap shot to try to sneak that one.

I'll hit the rest of your post later, it's bedtime for bonzo. But I clearly was talking about Iraq, not Afghanistan. Pretty cheap shot to try to sneak that one.

I'll agree that was what you were obviously intending. I read too fast and thought you were referring to both of them - mea culpa on that.

What reason do you think the CIA might have for hiding what happened in Benghazi? Rice, Clinton and Obama were quite eager to blame everything on an anti Muslim video. Was it the CIA who said the murders were all the result of that anti Muslim video?

That's not true, Susan Rice on ABC's This Week

'This Week' Transcript: U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice - ABC News

RICE: Well, Jake, first of all, it's important to know that there's an FBI investigation that has begun and will take some time to be completed. That will tell us with certainty what transpired.

But our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous -- not a premeditated -- response to what had transpired in Cairo. In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated.

We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to -- or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo. And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons, weapons that as you know in -- in the wake of the revolution in Libya are -- are quite common and accessible. And it then evolved from there.

We'll wait to see exactly what the investigation finally confirms, but that's the best information we have at present.

That's not true, Susan Rice on ABC's This Week

I actually read these things and here is what she said, according to your link. RICE: It's actually the opposite. First of all, let's be clear about what transpired here. What happened this week in Cairo, in Benghazi, in many other parts of the region...

TAPPER: Tunisia, Khartoum...

RICE: ... was a result -- a direct result of a heinous and offensive video that was widely disseminated, that the U.S. government had nothing to do with, which we have made clear is reprehensible and disgusting. We have also been very clear in saying that there is no excuse for violence, there is -- that we have condemned it in the strongest possible terms.

The video is to blame. And the strongest possible terms? What does that mean?

It's all BS of the worst sort and you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to defend those bastards.

I actually read these things and here is what she said, according to your link. RICE: It's actually the opposite. First of all, let's be clear about what transpired here. What happened this week in Cairo, in Benghazi, in many other parts of the region...

The video is to blame. And the strongest possible terms? What does that mean?

It's all BS of the worst sort and you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to defend those bastards.

I suppose you defended President Bush's war in Iraq, and oh yeah, Condoleezza Rice's: "We don't want the smoking gun to be in the shape of a mushroom cloud." right, Grant?

What Susan Rice said hurt no one.

I suppose you defended President Bush's war in Iraq, and oh yeah, Condoleezza Rice's: "We don't want the smoking gun to be in the shape of a mushroom cloud." right, Grant?

Back to Bush??? Still???

She, Hillary and Obama lied to the American people and to the world. They are proven liars, and have been for some time.

Why do you defend politicians who lie? Isn't it the people's responsibility to hound lying politicians out of office?

You will probably fall back on the leftist argument that all politicians lie, and with people like you defending these liars it's easy to see why they will always be around.

Back to Bush??? Still???

She, Hillary and Obama lied to the American people and to the world. They are proven liars, and have been for some time.

Why do you defend politicians who lie? Isn't it the people's responsibility to hound lying politicians out of office?

You will probably fall back on the leftist argument that all politicians lie, and with people like you defending these liars it's easy to see why they will always be around.
What proof do you have they lied about the circumstances surrounding the attack? Sure - hindsight is 20/20, but what about back then? And as Hillary famously said, "What difference does it make?"

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.

Like clockwork when you're backed into the corner you cower and whimper "Bush"

/point :lol:

Hurt no one? She lied. Bald faced sociopath lie. You're defending that shamelessly like a pathetic HACK

Like clockwork when you're backed into the corner you cower and whimper "Bush"

/point :lol:

Hurt no one? She lied. Bald faced sociopath lie. You're defending that shamelessly like a pathetic HACK
Bush lied, people died!

What proof do you have they lied about the circumstances surrounding the attack? Sure - hindsight is 20/20, but what about back then? And as Hillary famously said, "What difference does it make?"

They were told right from the start that it had nothing to do with a video yet continued with this lie for weeks after.

What difference does lying make? What difference do the lives of Americans make?

Why don't you try and make a difference and attack those who lie to the people, no matter which party you belong to"

The US is becoming more third world every year because of people like yourself.

Mark Steyn: Next stop, banana republic | banana, republic, government - Opinion - The Orange County Register

Bush lied, people died!

Bush lied? Not so. It seems you are just another lying leftist yourself, which is why you condone it in your politicians.

But it has nothing to do with this thread anyway.

The US is becoming more third world every year because of people like yourself.

Of all the conservative arguments I see, this one is by far the dumbest. The U.S. is nowhere remotely close, by any estimation whatsoever, to becoming "third world." That's sheer nonsense.

Of all the conservative arguments I see, this one is by far the dumbest. The U.S. is nowhere remotely close, by any estimation whatsoever, to becoming "third world." That's sheer nonsense.

Except when compared to what the US was thirty years ago, of course.

Except when compared to what the US was thirty years ago, of course.

That's right, but always fewer people will remember what their country was, how truly great it was.

No one at that time would have predicted Detroit either.

That's right, but always fewer people will remember what their country was, how truly great it was.

True. Additionally, some people don't appreciate having it pointed out to them that their present perceived self importance or relevance is just another part of a tragic overall death spiral either.

We see a lot of that sort of resentment on here.

Last edited:
Bush lied? Not so. It seems you are just another lying leftist yourself, which is why you condone it in your politicians.

But it has nothing to do with this thread anyway.
Where are all those WMDs Bush spoke of?

What Rice, Obama and Hillary Said about the attacks was little or no consequence.

Nobody would have predicted GM outsourcing everything, or the biggest economic crash since the Great ****ing Depression, or a series of corrupt governors (mostly Republican) and mayors (all Democrat) driving that city into the ground.

Conservatives love to live on the "we love our country" line, but when it comes down to it, all they can do is talk about how terrible our country is.

Where are all those WMDs Bush spoke of?

What Rice, Obama and Hillary Said about the attacks was little or no consequence.

What the President and his administration say to the world is of great consequence, even if it means nothing to you. Now the world knows that he is weak and a liar, that his words mean nothing. Even that he is a clown on stage. How does that further the interests of the United States and the Free World?

Please point out where Bush lied, if you are insistent on moving away from the topic, for a brief quote of his. Otherwise lets stick to the lies we have uncovered so far in this administration, and of course their are many of them.

It's pathetic that Leftists still take slogans shouted out to the air as truth. This as much as anything else demonstrates the breakdown in the education system.

Nobody would have predicted GM outsourcing everything, or the biggest economic crash since the Great ****ing Depression, or a series of corrupt governors (mostly Republican) and mayors (all Democrat) driving that city into the ground.

In fact many people predicted at the time when Japanese cars began arriving, safer and more economical than American cars. Many predicted it happening when the unions became too powerful and intransigent in their demands. Many are predicting right now what's going to happen to the United States with their serious spending problems, the crony capitalism, and the constant lies being accepted by a deliberately gullible and largely undereducated electorate, with more on the way.

Conservatives love to live on the "we love our country" line, but when it comes down to it, all they can do is talk about how terrible our country is.

Now how terrible it is, but how it is being destroyed from within.

More bad news for Fox News and the conservative media concerning a supposed scandal. Adm. Michael Mullen and Thomas Pickering blows their lies out of the water.

what so called lies by Fox News were supposedly blown out the water? I would like to know. And it is fair to ask for specifics for you making such an accusation. which should include links to the so called lies and not some opinion by Oriley or Hannity but what was broadcasts as news. or are you just blowing hot are which seams to be a favorite past time of the left

oh there was many predictions Detroit would fail but it came out of the mouths from the right there for dismissed as fear mongering

Back
Top Bottom