• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Watch Conservative Media's Favorite Benghazi Myth Fall Apart [W:47,61]

It never ceases to intrigue me that the most inconsequential part of the Benghazi incident -- the original blaming of the "protest" -- is the one that most seems to have the right wing's knickers in a twist.
It is that whole Lyin' king thing.

The benghazi thing is not about proof, and it clearly never was. This is like the birther thing. Why doesn't obama just come out and admit the right wing fantasies exist? We are going to keep searching for our imaginary proof until it either appears or we die. until the day they die they will never believe what happened is the truth. You could magically put them in every location to personally witness everything that was done and they still would not believe it because they do not want the truth, they want Obama to be guilty of something. The only thing I find annoying is someone does not tell these people to shove it and for the government to move on. The anti-obama benghazi lie was created rto help mittens win the election. To keep on hanging onto a clear load of BS at this point just shows desperation and idiocy. The only people who even care at this point are the ones hoping that they will finally find the smoking gun they imagine exists.

You get confronted by an idiot and a lie and you prove it wrong. Perhaps you investigate and double check. At a certain point you look the idiot in the eye and say go get your tinfoil hat and sit in the corner because you are too stupid to be in a conversation as important as fixing our government.

The anti-obama benghazi lie was created rto help mittens win the election. To keep on hanging onto a clear load of BS at this point just shows desperation and idiocy. The only people who even care at this point are the ones hoping that they will finally find the smoking gun they imagine exists.

So your position is that the terrorists attacked the embassy so that romney would be elected because they knew the american people would become outraged that the current administration wouldn't protect an ambassador and his staff... :lol:

You ok with terrorists attacking our embassies and murdering ambassadors and staff members? That doesn't bother you?

So your position is that the terrorists attacked the embassy so that romney would be elected because they knew the american people would become outraged that the current administration wouldn't protect an ambassador and his staff... :lol:

You ok with terrorists attacking our embassies and murdering ambassadors and staff members? That doesn't bother you?

No, didn't say that, but are you saying you are illiterate or just making stuff up?

There was no Stand Down order. No matter how much you attempt to conjure one out of thin air.

You've been given the truth about what happened. Repeatedly. That you choose not to accept it in order to tilt at your partisan windmills is nobody's problem but your own.

Where was the right-wing outrage over the 60 embassy personnel killed in 16 separate incidents from 2001-08?

No we haven't been given the truth. Who edited the talking points and why?

No, didn't say that, but are you saying you are illiterate or just making stuff up?

I don't think you're allowed to call me illiterate...

Are you ok with having an embassy overran by terrorists and the ambassador and some of his staff killed?
Do you really think that the country that went to the moon 6 times (40 some odd years ago) was unable to protect one of it's own embassies (if it really wanted to)?

I don't think you're allowed to call me illiterate...

Are you ok with having an embassy overran by terrorists and the ambassador and some of his staff killed?
Do you really think that the country that went to the moon 6 times (40 some odd years ago) was unable to protect one of it's own embassies (if it really wanted to)?

See, this is what comes from reading comprehension. i did not call you illiterate, I said you were making stuff up. I gave a choice, one of which is clearly wrong considering you are on a written medium, and actually wrote a sentence. You have to think some of these things through to their obvious conclusions.

As for your point, you might want to do things like looking up how many embassy attacks there have been under previous presidents. You might find the fact that 4 people and 1 embassy is a great record for the two Bushs', reagan, and clinton who all had multiple embassuy attacks with many more deaths on their watch. I do believe Bush Jr. Actually lost 20 times as many people on his watch as Obama did in benghazi. So before you go spouting complete BS that the country that went to the moon can protect all of it's embassies you might want to read up and find out how ignorant you truly are. This is not to mention that in the benghazi testimony the people in charge outright said that the military cannot protect every embassy we have, and that many rely on the local security of the country they are in to provide the support in case of attack.

There is not a way shape or form that you are not completely incorrect at this point, and your whining that it happened is pointless. So you are just making stuff up because you do not like reality.

See, this is what comes from reading comprehension. i did not call you illiterate, I said you were making stuff up. I gave a choice, one of which is clearly wrong considering you are on a written medium, and actually wrote a sentence. You have to think some of these things through to their obvious conclusions.

I saw exactly what you wrote and how you couched it in language that on one hand seems innocent but still illustrates your point. I have no comprehension issues either...but you slipped that implication in, too. All I know is that I could NEVER get away with saying things like that.
It's like asking someone if they still abuse animals ..there is no "right" answer.

As for your point, you might want to do things like looking up how many embassy attacks there have been under previous presidents. You might find the fact that 4 people and 1 embassy is a great record for the two Bushs', reagan, and clinton who all had multiple embassuy attacks with many more deaths on their watch. I do believe Bush Jr. Actually lost 20 times as many people on his watch as Obama did in benghazi. So before you go spouting complete BS that the country that went to the moon can protect all of it's embassies you might want to read up and find out how ignorant you truly are. This is not to mention that in the benghazi testimony the people in charge outright said that the military cannot protect every embassy we have, and that many rely on the local security of the country they are in to provide the support in case of attack.

Dear child..we go through this SOOO often..I'd think you'd have learned by now...using past misdeeds as an excuse to justify present misdeeds is a weak tactic.
Yes..I see..you get to display your anti conservative talking points...bush did it..reagan did it...blah....blah...

Try again after your masters in the DNC tell you how to spin it next time.

It's almost like you are being paid to distract and deflect attention away from the self inflicted problems THIS administration has...but I know that isn't true. You're just a young, naive hyperpartisan and really want to believe what you've been taught. Your "bush did it too" chant doesn't work on intelligent people.

..and child, don't call me "ignorant"..I think that violates the TOS rules..I know I could NEVER get away with doing it, anyway...maybe you can..

If the country that went to the moon CAN'T protect its' own embassies there shouldn't be an embassy there...or maybe make Hillary the ambassador to Libya..since it's no big deal. Remember, she said "What difference does it make"?

By the way, do you remember how Libya (and Egypt) got to be so unstable recently? Of course you don't..your political science professor has skipped that part... I wonder why? :lol:

The embassy in Libya could have been reinforced and supported if the govt wanted to. Even the leftist CBS news admits it;
Could U.S. military have helped during Libya attack? - CBS News

CBS News has been told that, hours after the attack began, an unmanned Predator drone was sent over the U.S. mission in Benghazi, and that the drone and other reconnaissance aircraft apparently observed the final hours of the protracted battle....

....A White House official told CBS News that a "small group of reinforcements" was sent from Tripoli to Benghazi, but declined to say how many or what time they arrived....
....Retired CIA officer Gary Berntsen believes help could have come much sooner. He commanded CIA counter-terrorism missions targeting Osama bin Laden and led the team that responded after bombings of the U.S. Embassy in East Africa.

"You find a way to make this happen," Berntsen says. "There isn't a plan for every single engagement. Sometimes you have to be able to make adjustments. They made zero adjustments in this. They stood and they watched and our people died."...

...The Pentagon says it did move a team of special operators from central Europe to the large Naval Air Station in Sigonella, Italy, but gave no other details. Sigonella is just an hour's flight from Libya. Other nearby bases include Aviano and Souda Bay. Military sources tell CBS News that resources at the three bases include fighter jets and Specter AC-130 gunships, which the sources say can be extremely effective in flying in and buzzing a crowd to disperse it....

Moderator's Warning:
Address the topic. Stop the personal crap, now.

Re: Watch Conservative Media's Favorite Benghazi Myth Fall Apart [W:47,59]

Dear child..we go through this SOOO often..I'd think you'd have learned by now...using past misdeeds as an excuse to justify present misdeeds is a weak tactic.
Yes..I see..you get to display your anti conservative talking points...bush did it..reagan did it...blah....blah...

First off, we go through this? I do not remember going through this with you, but possibly the reason the general we of the world have to keep explaining this is because people like you wish to pretend this is all obama and the state department while ignoring much worse problems of the past under other people. This is a common occurence, and though you may feel things should be different the US does not run the world and cannot act however it wants on foreign soil. Not to mention the reality that the military plans things and has to go through orders and beurocracy especially when it involves sending armed troops into a country which is not under it's protectorate. They are not lying when they say it cannot be done, and we will get to that.
Try again after your masters in the DNC tell you how to spin it next time.

You are making stuff up again as this is pretty much the standard story for every president including the republican ones.
It's almost like you are being paid to distract and deflect attention away from the self inflicted problems THIS administration has...but I know that isn't true. You're just a young, naive hyperpartisan and really want to believe what you've been taught. Your "bush did it too" chant doesn't work on intelligent people.

If i am getting paid my check sure is late. But that was a nice ad hom.
..and child, don't call me "ignorant"..I think that violates the TOS rules..I know I could NEVER get away with doing it, anyway...maybe you can..

I am pretty sure calling someone child is also a personal attack so you might want to get down off the high horse.
If the country that went to the moon CAN'T protect its' own embassies there shouldn't be an embassy there...or maybe make Hillary the ambassador to Libya..since it's no big deal. Remember, she said "What difference does it make"?

That was a risky decision to put an embassy in a country that is clearly unable to provide law enforcement in case of attacks like this. However, diplomacy sometimes has costs and risks, and even the embassador that was killed recognized that reality. The reality is that we should not have many of our embassies if security is our only concern, but the gains of diplomatic relations often causes us to put diplomats in places where they may be, and are, attacked. Again, this is not an Obama thing, and this time it backfired like it has on most other presidents of the past 50 years. It is a rough world, and people die.
By the way, do you remember how Libya (and Egypt) got to be so unstable recently? Of course you don't..your political science professor has skipped that part... I wonder why? :lol:

Yes, we assisted in a UN effort to assist the rebels in overthrowing kadaffi. Which may be why the US felt it was important to put a diplomatic tie in to their government to help them establish themselves and to strengthen relations. What do you think happened?
The embassy in Libya could have been reinforced and supported if the govt wanted to. Even the leftist CBS news admits it;
Could U.S. military have helped during Libya attack? - CBS News

Funding was not there, and that would also have required permission from libya. Not to mention without a good amount of troops there to repel the attackers who were heavily armed and ready for combat the death toll would have been higher. Yes, CBS is right we could have put our entire military force into libya and completely abandoned the rest of the world and our assets there. It is physically possible to have done, but not the brightest of moves to protect 4 people and a shack. Perhaps you should think your ideas through.
CBS News has been told that, hours after the attack began, an unmanned Predator drone was sent over the U.S. mission in Benghazi, and that the drone and other reconnaissance aircraft apparently observed the final hours of the protracted battle....

There is a difference between observing and firing on civilians in a foreign sovereign nation. The second one is an act of war with the government we helped to establish, and would have never been tolerated by the libyan people. There is also a huge difference between flying an unmanned drone over and getting military assets which take preparation and approval there. I know you have a unrealistic expectation of how the world works, but just because you want it to be does not make it so.
....A White House official told CBS News that a "small group of reinforcements" was sent from Tripoli to Benghazi, but declined to say how many or what time they arrived....

I do believe the recent testimony in the opening of this thread indicated that a group of people arrived the next day. A little late to fight after everyone is dead.

....Retired CIA officer Gary Berntsen believes help could have come much sooner. He commanded CIA counter-terrorism missions targeting Osama bin Laden and led the team that responded after bombings of the U.S. Embassy in East Africa.

Ahhh, some retired guy out of the loop said it could have happened with no knowledge of the particular conditions that night, or access to the records to check. Well, my neighbor says that guy doesn't know his asshole from his elbow so we cancel out on irrelevant points.
"You find a way to make this happen," Berntsen says. "There isn't a plan for every single engagement. Sometimes you have to be able to make adjustments. They made zero adjustments in this. They stood and they watched and our people died."...

Actually according to the testimony they were moving towards the situation and reacting. The military is not rambo, despite your imagination that it should be.
...The Pentagon says it did move a team of special operators from central Europe to the large Naval Air Station in Sigonella, Italy, but gave no other details. Sigonella is just an hour's flight from Libya. Other nearby bases include Aviano and Souda Bay. Military sources tell CBS News that resources at the three bases include fighter jets and Specter AC-130 gunships, which the sources say can be extremely effective in flying in and buzzing a crowd to disperse it....

Again, you cannot send military into soverein nations without permission unless you are going to war, and do not care anymore about the sovereignity of that nation. Yes, i am quite comfortable with the reality we did not go to war with the country we just helped liberate over 4 people. There are many consequences to such actions and certainly it would not have helped to stabalize the government we just helped to establish. What would be the reality when woerd got out that the new leaders of libya allowed american american military to start buzzing their citizens and perhaps drop some weapons on them? That government we established would be long gone and the people would side with a group that opposed american presence in their country. Just like we have seen happen in Iraq, Afganistan, and other stupid wars we have gotten into.

Your personal opinion is nice, but it does not take into account the realities of the world we live in, and you are like an armchair quarterback who complains after the play and has no idea of what was going on. You are entitled to that opinion, but it is clear it is biased heavily by your overwhelming desire to blame obama for something and not a true value for the 4 lives that are lost. From what i know of the embassador that was killed he wanted there to be some stability in libya and was working in danger to get it. Your actions would have directly destroyed any efforts he had made towards stability and pissed all over his grave.

if you like a solution perhaps you might want to speak to your representatives about increased funding for the state department, and to have them get their asses in gear and pass some tax increases and a budget so we can afford it. maybe next time we would have the resources to establish a better protected embassy which might have been able to withstand the assault, though probably would have just put more bodies in the pile.

First off, we go through this? I do not remember going through this with you, but possibly the reason the general we of the world have to keep explaining this is because people like you wish to pretend this is all obama and the state department while ignoring much worse problems of the past under other people. This is a common occurence, and though you may feel things should be different the US does not run the world and cannot act however it wants on foreign soil. Not to mention the reality that the military plans things and has to go through orders and beurocracy especially when it involves sending armed troops into a country which is not under it's protectorate. They are not lying when they say it cannot be done, and we will get to that.

Yes, dear child..I've told you many times about using past misdeeds as an excuse to justify current misdeeds...Don't pretend we haven't been through it before...

Also..You're ok with afghanistan and attacking syria and destabilizing libya and egypt so the muslim brotherhood could take over..but when one of our embassies is attacked and americans murdered by the MB you want to pretend they're a sovereign nation...obamas meddling blew up in his face is what happened in libya....and egypt...and here's some more news..an embassy is "sovereign" territory of the country inhabiting it..so WE were ATTACKED..and THAT is an act of war and we don't NEED permission to protect citizens on our own property in a foreign country...go ask your political science professor if those points are true....

You are making stuff up again as this is pretty much the standard story for every president including the republican ones.

If i am getting paid my check sure is late. But that was a nice ad hom.

I am pretty sure calling someone child is also a personal attack so you might want to get down off the high horse.

That was a risky decision to put an embassy in a country that is clearly unable to provide law enforcement in case of attacks like this. However, diplomacy sometimes has costs and risks, and even the embassador that was killed recognized that reality. The reality is that we should not have many of our embassies if security is our only concern, but the gains of diplomatic relations often causes us to put diplomats in places where they may be, and are, attacked. Again, this is not an Obama thing, and this time it backfired like it has on most other presidents of the past 50 years. It is a rough world, and people die.

Yes, we assisted in a UN effort to assist the rebels in overthrowing kadaffi. Which may be why the US felt it was important to put a diplomatic tie in to their government to help them establish themselves and to strengthen relations. What do you think happened?

Funding was not there, and that would also have required permission from libya. Not to mention without a good amount of troops there to repel the attackers who were heavily armed and ready for combat the death toll would have been higher. Yes, CBS is right we could have put our entire military force into libya and completely abandoned the rest of the world and our assets there. It is physically possible to have done, but not the brightest of moves to protect 4 people and a shack. Perhaps you should think your ideas through.

There is a difference between observing and firing on civilians in a foreign sovereign nation. The second one is an act of war with the government we helped to establish, and would have never been tolerated by the libyan people. There is also a huge difference between flying an unmanned drone over and getting military assets which take preparation and approval there. I know you have a unrealistic expectation of how the world works, but just because you want it to be does not make it so.

I do believe the recent testimony in the opening of this thread indicated that a group of people arrived the next day. A little late to fight after everyone is dead.

Ahhh, some retired guy out of the loop said it could have happened with no knowledge of the particular conditions that night, or access to the records to check. Well, my neighbor says that guy doesn't know his asshole from his elbow so we cancel out on irrelevant points.

Actually according to the testimony they were moving towards the situation and reacting. The military is not rambo, despite your imagination that it should be.

Again, you cannot send military into soverein nations without permission unless you are going to war, and do not care anymore about the sovereignity of that nation. Yes, i am quite comfortable with the reality we did not go to war with the country we just helped liberate over 4 people. There are many consequences to such actions and certainly it would not have helped to stabalize the government we just helped to establish. What would be the reality when woerd got out that the new leaders of libya allowed american american military to start buzzing their citizens and perhaps drop some weapons on them? That government we established would be long gone and the people would side with a group that opposed american presence in their country. Just like we have seen happen in Iraq, Afganistan, and other stupid wars we have gotten into.

Your personal opinion is nice, but it does not take into account the realities of the world we live in, and you are like an armchair quarterback who complains after the play and has no idea of what was going on. You are entitled to that opinion, but it is clear it is biased heavily by your overwhelming desire to blame obama for something and not a true value for the 4 lives that are lost. From what i know of the embassador that was killed he wanted there to be some stability in libya and was working in danger to get it. Your actions would have directly destroyed any efforts he had made towards stability and pissed all over his grave.

if you like a solution perhaps you might want to speak to your representatives about increased funding for the state department, and to have them get their asses in gear and pass some tax increases and a budget so we can afford it. maybe next time we would have the resources to establish a better protected embassy which might have been able to withstand the assault, though probably would have just put more bodies in the pile.

LMAO..sure..sure..whatever you say.
All opinion..no facts or links or quotes from credible sources...just your unsupported, biased opinion..

I'm not running in circles with you... Believe whatever you're told...and LMAO..your distorted, revisionist view of what obama has done to destabilize both libya and egypt is comical.

In fact, why don't you hop on up to DC and explain it all to them..Bring your political science professor too.

Maybe you could be secretary of state..or ambassador to libya..Yeah...That sounds good. Ambassador to libya...you and your professor can explain to the muslim brotherhood how outraged you are that they were forced to murder our citizens but it's really ok because it happened when bush or reagan was president too, so that makes it justifiable. Like hillary said "What difference does it make?", right?

Your rabid, hyperpartisan ideology and burning desire to vilify anything that doesn't agree with what you've been taught is blinding you to reality. Your "side" is correct and everyone else is "stupid" or "illiterate" or "ignorant" or "can't comprehend" or whatever other names you've called me..Too funny, child...
As I've said many times before, I hate obama for purposely wrecking this country...he's the worst president we've ever had..and that takes some doing because I despised bush for the same reasons. You've been taught to polarize and target people and maintain a narrow focus on your side and the talking points they issue rather than looking at the big picture...whatever..This is going right over your head and I'm tired of typing...
This country is going the way of every failed nation in history...at this point, the sooner the better. It is too broken and too divided to ever be "fixed".
There is only one solution left and it's coming.

Last edited:

LMAO..sure..sure..whatever you say.
All opinion..no facts or links or quotes from credible sources...just your unsupported, biased opinion..

So you want me to link the video of the congressional testimony in the OP of this thread? OK, if the proof is all you want, then here you go, easy peasy.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-media/173357-watch-conservative-medias-favorite-benghazi-myth-fall-apart-w-47-61-a.html

There is your proof in testimony.

More bad news for Fox News and the conservative media concerning a supposed scandal. Adm. Michael Mullen and Thomas Pickering blows their lies out of the water.

The problem for the administration as I see it, is that they so far have keep all the survivors from being interviewed. Thus leaving the appearance that something was amiss in Benghazi. Whether it was or not, I am still up in the air. I just don't know. I won't say one way or the other.

So you want me to link the video of the congressional testimony in the OP of this thread? OK, if the proof is all you want, then here you go, easy peasy.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-media/173357-watch-conservative-medias-favorite-benghazi-myth-fall-apart-w-47-61-a.html

There is your proof in testimony.

Oh..well that settles it..everyone knows no one in government ever lies...well, except republicans, of course...democrats and liberals would NEVER do anything dishonest. LMAO...keep believing everything you're told. Are you ever in for a surprise one of these days. Imagine how shocked ...SHOCKED! you'll be when you find out how politicians and government really works...

Oh..well that settles it..everyone knows no one in government ever lies...well, except republicans, of course...democrats and liberals would NEVER do anything dishonest. LMAO...keep believing everything you're told. Are you ever in for a surprise one of these days. Imagine how shocked ...SHOCKED! you'll be when you find out how politicians and government really works...

They seem reluctant to have anyone who was actually, you know, there, to testify. Instead this dick appears.

They seem reluctant to have anyone who was actually, you know, there, to testify. Instead this dick appears.

I know...Same as the Seal Team 6 set up, really...eliminate the witnesses and you can write history however you want...

EDIT:..and there will always be some starry eyed idealists who will clap and cheer.
I said this before but it's true..obama could tell these hyperpartisan statists that water was dry and fire was cold and they'd clap and cheer and nod their empty little heads...

I know...Same as the Seal Team 6 set up, really...eliminate the witnesses and you can write history however you want...

EDIT:..and there will always be some starry eyed idealists who will clap and cheer.
I said this before but it's true..obama could tell these hyperpartisan statists that water was dry and fire was cold and they'd clap and cheer and nod their empty little heads...

Democratic leaders have never overestimated the intelligence of their followers. Detroit is alive and Obama is dead was as easy for the them to swallow as the tired political mantra Hope and Change.

The problem for the Republicans is that they did overestimate the intelligence of the electorate and figured people could see right through the farce. They were tragically wrong.

Still more reliable than some retired guy who said something without ever looking at anything. it is up to you who you want to believe, but Some guy who is retired and not even serving at the time making a statement to the news could certainly fall under sometimes people lie. There is no reason in the world to believe him over someone else except he tells you what you want to hear. I will personally go with the guy who is investigating, has access to the data, and the people who back him up saying this is how things are unless you can point to something other than a guess from some retired guy who isn't there to rebutt that testimony. Oh, and if you have this overwhelming proof that he is lying I might suggest giving it to congress before putting it here because some of them are desperate and their investigation has completely fallen apart.

Yes, after over a year and republicans trying desperately to get Obama the only reason they can't is because some guy who was there is holding out on them. of course everyone who was involved as far as any republican has shown has pretty much had their say and still yet there is nothing but fantasy and wishing that has backed the republican hunt for the imaginary proof of their fictional story.

Democratic leaders have never overestimated the intelligence of their followers. Detroit is alive and Obama is dead was as easy for the them to swallow as the tired political mantra Hope and Change.

The problem for the Republicans is that they did overestimate the intelligence of the electorate and figured people could see right through the farce. They were tragically wrong.

That is projection considering the entire benghazi claim that obama screwed up is a complete fabrication which fell apart in the third presidential debate when mittens tried to outright lie and had the transcripts tossed in his face. You have yet to even come up with a reason why obama and company supposedly plotted to have these four people killed and destroy the embassy. Your entire rationale is because obama.

The only gullible people were the ones who thought benghazi was important and have ignored things like the NSA spying, the erosion of our rights, a new war in syria, and every other purely republican move obama has made which they openly support.

The problem for the administration as I see it, is that they so far have keep all the survivors from being interviewed. Thus leaving the appearance that something was amiss in Benghazi. Whether it was or not, I am still up in the air. I just don't know. I won't say one way or the other.
There was a major CIA operation going on in Benghazi, I really don't know what, but maybe that's why it was attacked. And very possible why we know little about wht happened there. i feel pretty certain that presidential politcs play NO role here.

There was a major CIA operation going on in Benghazi, I really don't know what, but maybe that's why it was attacked. And very possible why we know little about wht happened there. i feel pretty certain that presidential politcs play NO role here.

I think there is no doubt about the CIA link to Benghazi, even if everyone of the survivors were CIA operatives, there is such a thing as a closed door hearings where they could be talked to or interviewed.

No..it's the fact that a U.S. embassy..sovereign territory...was attacked, overran and americans killed, including the ambassador while the u.s. govt sat and watched it happen in real time via a drone circling and decided not to do anything to help.

See, that's what pisses people off...that and hyperpartisan hacks making excuses for them.

But it was okay for Bush to do it though.

Back
Top Bottom