• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Was Jesus Likeable?

That's stunning. You've never read any of those works and IMMEDIATELY you bark out that they're all worthless.

That's about as pathetic a synopsis as ever seen in history.

And where's your Big Boy empirical evidence for anyone in history??? Lay it out for us. Show us the scientific criteria used.

I'll tell you what that is. Empirical HORSE MANURE. All hat and no cattle on your part.
How do you know if I've read them or not? I've heard all the same arguments and explanations before. It basically starts with the conclusion and tries to make the "evidence" fit, which is opposite of how science operates. And there is no objective, empirical evidence for the claims made, especially the supernatural ones.

How do you know if I've read them or not? I've heard all the same arguments and explanations before. It basically starts with the conclusion and tries to make the "evidence" fit, which is opposite of how science operates. And there is no objective, empirical evidence for the claims made, especially the supernatural ones.
Look folks - Gordy wants EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE for Jesus and/or the Gospel accounts.

1. He can't define the scientific criteria used in gaining empirical evidence on a 2,000 year old individual.

2. When challenged, Gordy could not cite a single individual from antiquity that ANYONE (scientist or history scholar, etc.) has ever obtained.

3. Gordy cannot provide empirical evidence himself for anyone from antiquity.

4. Gordy is demanding something from Christians that even secularists cannot come up with.

5. Gordy doesn't require that same empirical evidence for other individuals in ancient history (i.e. 1. Hippocrates 2. Attila the Hun3. Archimedes of Syracuse4. Confucius 5. Hannibal etc.) in his history books. Thus, Gordy needs to burn his college history books and demand history professors, etc., do the same, because to Gordy, they're not credible.

6. Gordy has a double standard.

7. Gordy thus has zero credibility demanding empirical evidence for anyone from antiquity. It's an absolute farce.

Boo Gordy!

Look folks - Gordy wants EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE for Jesus and/or the Gospel accounts.

1. He can't define the scientific criteria used in gaining empirical evidence on a 2,000 year old individual.

2. When challenged, Gordy could not cite a single individual from antiquity that ANYONE (scientist or history scholar, etc.) has ever obtained.

4. Gordy is demanding something from Christians that even secularists cannot come up with.

5. Gordy doesn't require that same empirical evidence from other individuals in ancient history (i.e. 1. Hippocrates 2. Attila the Hun3. Archimedes of Syracuse4. Confucius 5. Hannibal etc.) in his history books. Thus, Gordy needs to burn his college history books and demand history professors, etc., do the same.

7. Gordy thus has zero credibility demanding empirical evidence for anyone from antiquity. It's an absolute farce.

Boo Gordy!
I see you use the same old logical fallacies, flawed arguments, and juvenile retorts. Such slimy debate tactics seems to be your MO too. Well, when someone has a discussion and makes claims about historical figures other than the individual at the heart of this discussion, then get back to me. Until then, you're only making yourself look foolish.

I see you use the same old logical fallacies, flawed arguments, and juvenile retorts. Such slimy debate tactics seems to be your MO too. Well, when someone has a discussion and makes claims about historical figures other than the individual at the heart of this discussion, then get back to me. Until then, you're only making yourself look foolish.

Laughing Hyena.jpg

I'm doing quite nicely without the christian god people choose to believe in. Last I checked, I still haven't met him nor do I know anyone who has.
I came up with a new line today, that I've been chanting all over creation, "All religion is sewage from the asshole of life."

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”Mahatma Gandhi

There is no real proof that Gandhi ever said this, the only thing close are various quotes from Indian philosophers from the early 20th century who basically said "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians, you are not like him" that at least made their way into various writings that boil down to what people claim to believe and how they really are.

The irony is even if Gandhi did say something similar to these philosophers then he would be as right as they are, given how many self proclaimed Christians act in this area of the forums alone we have all the evidence needed to validate what these guys were all talking about.

absolutely. Christ is King

Also I do not care about what Gandhi says
Well, neither do I but anyone who thinks Jesus was all x's and o's are in for a rude awakening...

elaborate?
Some so called Christians seem to think so...such as @Lursa...

Prove it by answering my questions below and SHOWING how I'm lying.

So you are claiming that this is not God's Word? Compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace? Yes or no, is that God's Word? And instead of regurgitating scripture, why cant you directly answer my questions below? That seems like a failing if you claim I'm lying, but then you cant prove it. That seems to mean that you are the one lying.

Your failure to competently explain your denial of God's Word shines thru when you avoid the questions. You cannot hide behind scriptures, as much as you try. Why can you not defend God as you see Him, since you deny His Word?
All I keep posting is God's Word.

So is His Word wrong? You and Elora keep denying it.

Please explain how my commitment to and promotion of compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace are 'creating God in my image'? Please be very specific.

I think those are wonderful things and am glad they are God's Message...why are you so against them? Please answer.

So then compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace are NOT YOUR values?
And you are claiming they arent God's either, that He wants all His Children to share?

Please give a direct answer to both questions
. If you cant, it shows you're posting dishonestly and in bad faith. @Elora too. After all, she just accused me of debating in bad faith...let's see if she can do better or if she's a hypocrite.

5. Gordy doesn't require that same empirical evidence for other individuals in ancient history (i.e. 1. Hippocrates 2. Attila the Hun3. Archimedes of Syracuse4. Confucius 5. Hannibal etc.) in his history books. Thus, Gordy needs to burn his college history books and demand history professors, etc., do the same, because to Gordy, they're not credible.

Boo Gordy!

What we do know about people from 2,000 years ago empirically: they were humans with no supernatural powers because there is zero empirical evidence of the supernatural.

Well, neither do I but anyone who thinks Jesus was all x's and o's are in for a rude awakening...

It's amazing how limited your thinking is. Altho you continue to deny it, a terrible sin itself, God's Word is compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace. That is hard enough to not break and sin each day, for one's self and towards others.

Do you think that God would not punish cruelty? Murder? Rape? Robbery? Assault? Lying? Cheating others? Meanness of spirit toward others? ALL of those clearly break God's Word.

Of course He is a God of love and peace, He is very clear in His Word how he wants us to treat others....but one has to try their best to abide by His Word and not sin. Sinning is still wrong. I cant help that you choose to accept a bunch of scriptures that are NOT His Word...you havent shown much in the way of critical thinking since you just recite scriptures by rote and do not examine them against His True Word.

Boo Gordy!

That's quite a lecture for Gordy, it's a very hypocritical post...since you refuse over and over to directly address this from me, as you sin against me and God by lying about me...and yet refusing to prove it. Let's see it...prove it or repent your sin:

Prove it by answering my questions below and SHOWING how I'm lying.​
So you are claiming that this is not God's Word? Compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace? Yes or no, is that God's Word? And instead of regurgitating scripture, why cant you directly answer my questions below? That seems like a failing if you claim I'm lying, but then you cant prove it. That seems to mean that you are the one lying.​
Your failure to competently explain your denial of God's Word shines thru when you avoid the questions. You cannot hide behind scriptures, as much as you try. Why can you not defend God as you see Him, since you deny His Word?​
All I keep posting is God's Word.​
So is His Word wrong? You and Elora keep denying it.​
Please explain how my commitment to and promotion of compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace are 'creating God in my image'? Please be very specific.
I think those are wonderful things and am glad they are God's Message...why are you so against them? Please answer.
So then compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace are NOT YOUR values?
And you are claiming they arent God's either, that He wants all His Children to share?
Please give a direct answer to the questions. If you cant, it shows you're the one lying, posting dishonestly and in bad faith. @Elora too. After all, she just accused me of debating in bad faith...let's see if she can do better or if she's a hypocrite.​

In general how did Jesus treat people in the bible stories?

I believe by what is written, and how life is, that Jesus is a good-hearted soul but probably not tolerant of too much crap.

That's quite a lecture for Gordy, it's a very hypocritical post.

I see your radical, left-wing Baghdad Bob puppet show is alive and well.

So you are claiming that this is not God's Word? Compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace? Yes or no, is that God's Word?

I'm claiming your TWISTED, pro-sodomy version of that is straight from the Devil himself. Why? See below.

And you didn't learn anything from the last two or three times I corrected you on your folly, did you??? You never do.

For the record,

"Love does not rejoice in iniquity" - 1 Corinthians 13

Anal Sodomy between two men is not God's idea of brotherly love and compassion, etc. Instead, unchecked, it's a ticket to the Lake of Fire (Rev. 21:8)

And,

"Love does no harm to a neighbor" - Romans 13:10 (Love does no harm to a neighbor, like enticing one's neighbor into a sinful, sodomy relationship for which there are negative temporal and eternal consequences)

And where's the repentance for those sins from the pro-sodomy crowd? Unless they repent, they will perish (Jesus, Luke 13:3).

Do try to quit turning the Bible into your own playbook for illicit sin. God is not mocked with your Satanic, revisionist theology, and neither are good men and women.

So, nice try but no cigar

p.s. You didn't provide anything of significance to pro up Gordy's empirical nonsense.

I'm claiming your TWISTED, pro-sodomy version of that is straight from the Devil himself. Why? See below.

Claim whatever you want, it's still lying and creating posts so cowardly that they deny God's Word...yet refuse to show why.

That's a whole lot of lying and sinning. If you could honestly answer the questions, you would. But, sadly you're either completely dishonest OR such a poor Christian that you dont know any better.

And I've seen the false scriptures you've desperately grasped before. That you cant accept some are not God's True Word but those of fallible men...well, that's another of your failings.

But until you prove I've lied...and until you explain in your own words why you deny God's Word...you have failed in your Christian obligations and shamed God.

Claim whatever you want, it's still lying and creating posts so cowardly that they deny God's Word...yet refuse to show why.

That's nonsense. I showed you why your twisted version of God's Word was Satanic in Post # 43

That's a whole lot of lying and sinning. If you could honestly answer the questions, you would. But, sadly you're either completely dishonest OR such a poor Christian that you dont know any better.

And I've seen the false scriptures you've desperately grasped before. That you cant accept some are not God's True Word but those of fallible men...well, that's another of your failings.

But until you prove I've lied...and until you explain in your own words why you deny God's Word...you have failed in your Christian obligations and shamed God.

<yawn>

Translation: The illicit gay orgasm must be defended and preserved at all costs.

Was there an itinerant rabbi named Joshua of Nazareth that went around preaching what were considered heretic doctrines at the time and then got executed for doing so? Yeah probably. We have sufficient corroborating evidence to say that much.

Did he have supernatural powers? Was he god in the flesh? There’s no evidence to verify these claims.
Well, not really. Some of the so called evidence that is claimed for that appears to be forgeries.

It's amazing how limited your thinking is. Altho you continue to deny it, a terrible sin itself, God's Word is compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace. That is hard enough to not break and sin each day, for one's self and towards others.

Do you think that God would not punish cruelty? Murder? Rape? Robbery? Assault? Lying? Cheating others? Meanness of spirit toward others? ALL of those clearly break God's Word.

Of course He is a God of love and peace, He is very clear in His Word how he wants us to treat others....but one has to try their best to abide by His Word and not sin. Sinning is still wrong. I cant help that you choose to accept a bunch of scriptures that are NOT His Word...you havent shown much in the way of critical thinking since you just recite scriptures by rote and do not examine them against His True Word.
I completely agree that God's message for us is compassion, love, forgiveness and peace. But he does also require consequences for our actions, not out of anger but rather caring. A parent disciplines their child out of love, hoping to correct bad behavior, so does Jesus. Though I don't believe the focus of life is on punishment and condemnation, it's on learning and appreciation.

I completely agree that God's message for us is compassion, love, forgiveness and peace. But he does also require consequences for our actions, not out of anger but rather caring. A parent disciplines their child out of love, hoping to correct bad behavior, so does Jesus. Though I don't believe the focus of life is on punishment and condemnation, it's on learning and appreciation.

Please see post 38.

That's nonsense. I showed you why your twisted version of God's Word was Satanic in Post # 43

No, you regurgitated false scripture.

<yawn>

Translation: The illicit gay orgasm must be defended and preserved at all costs.

More lying. Again...you should repent...If you had addressed my post directly, we could all see your responses. But they do not exist. Because you have failed God. More lying is definitely not serving Him. It's sinning....and doing so intentionally.

I came up with a new line today, that I've been chanting all over creation, "All religion is sewage from the asshole of life."
Oh, I'm borrowing that. Maybe I can get that printed on a T-shirt? Lol

No, you regurgitated false scripture.

More lying. Again...you should repent...If you had addressed my post directly, we could all see your responses. But they do not exist. Because you have failed God. More lying is definitely not serving Him. It's sinning....and doing so intentionally.
Dry up with your nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom