• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:955] End Times Prophecies: Are they lining up to be fulfilled?

Doesn't really change the underlying arrogance.
Sure it does...this system is a mess...anything would be an improvement...

Sure it does...this system is a mess...anything would be an improvement...

"Killing everyone is an improvement" say people who totally are not in a cult.

"Killing everyone is an improvement" say people who totally are not in a cult.
Killing everyone who is causing such upheaval/evil in the world? Yes...

Literally how Hitler thought, yes.
Literally how the justice system acts today, only they can't deal with it all...God can...Hitler was not killing evil... :rolleyes:

Literally how the justice system acts today, only they can't deal with it all...God can...

No, our justice system is not "kill everyone who doesn't follow my religion."

Ya, I couldn't tell you the mental masturbation would be good for you.

You may be better off as a disbeliever.
Its not about belief, its about reality.

The bible is just silly.

Clif High - using science - was more successful using predictive linguistics than prophets.

*YAWN* Every single generation of "believers" since the death of Christ have found "events" that foretold "the end of the world" and "his return", and that included those who were alive at that time
:rolleyes:

I've already talked about that!

"I'm not talking about the Second Coming, I'm only referring to the Second Coming."

*L*

Well? All you blurt out are your usual freak-out terms - IN ALL THREADS!
Lol - seems you're getting yourself all triggered again. :ROFLMAO: I suppose, any referral to the Second Coming will do that to you!

Any comment about the prophecies at all which are supposed to happen BEFORE the Second Coming?

Biblical Prophecies and what's happening around the world (which include Climate Change) - these are the issue of this topic, you know.
Not the Second Coming itself. So you can calm down.

Last edited:
Doesn't really change the underlying arrogance.

Yeah. Some non-believers here! And, nothing underlying about it either. 🤷

That's why atheists who arrogantly try to debate on God topics - and who seems to be following and hanging on to every posts about God -
are bothered by what they read. The very idea that someone is talking about God, bothers them. :)

It's not like as if posturing arrogance would change the obvious. It does not.
On the contrary, the arrogance only serves to show a pathetic ignorance of the concept of the Biblical God........which gives a humorous
visual of an ant raising its fist at Godzilla! And knowing how the ant must feel when it sees a foot about to come down.

Arrogance only highlights the ignorance it comes with.....................and that......................they're bothered by the subject of the Abrahamic GOD!

The question though, still remains: why would it bother you if you are convinced God doesn't exists?

Last edited:
Didn't Jesus say some people alive in His day would see the end of days?

I'm not sure. He might have.

I wasn't there.

In terms of His overall message, it was as revolutionary at the time as Jefferson's was in his time.

Might be why Jefferson referenced Him so often.

I'm not sure. He might have.

I wasn't there.

In terms of His overall message, it was as revolutionary at the time as Jefferson's was in his time.

Might be why Jefferson referenced Him so often.
Jefferson was a fan of the philosophy of Jesus but denied the divinity of Jesus. It's fascinating.

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors."
Source: Letter of Thomas Jefferson to John Adams, April 11, 1823.

Jefferson's opinions on Christianity were indeed revolutionary.

"Ministers of the Gospel are excluded [from serving as Visitors of the county Elementary Schools] to avoid jealousy from the other sects, were the public education committed to the ministers of a particular one; and with more reason than in the case of their exclusion from the legislative and executive functions."
Source: Thomas Jefferson, Note to Elementary School Act, 1817.

"The hocus-pocus phantasm of a God, like another Cerberus, with one body and three heads, had its birth and growth in the blood of thousands and thousands of martyrs".
Source: Thomas Jefferson, Works, Vol. IV, p. 360.

"The whole history of these books (i.e. the Gospels) is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

Source: Letter of Thomas Jefferson to John Adams, January 24, 1814.

And my personal favorite:

I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State."

Source: Letter of Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptist Association, Connecticut, January 1, 1802.

In all ages, people must be saying whenever catastrophe and war came, "the end is near."

But....as far as the prophecies - have they ever come as closed to this?
Just look at the Tigris and Euphrates river drying up, China making all sorts of alliances, nuclear attacks are more imminent, even the fall of Afghanistan might have a significance since it'll bring China on the doorstep of Israel if they built that highway all the way from China across Afghanistan.
China has the capability to kill a third of the world's population with a nuclear attack.

After its defeat in Afghanistan by the Taliban, and the possible ramifications that bring........could the USA be the Great Babylon?

Revelations 8

The Fall of Babylon the Great

18 After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory.
2 And he cried [a]mightily with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!

3 For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.”

4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.
6 Render to her just as she rendered to you, and repay her double according to her works; in the cup which she has mixed, mix double for her.

7 In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, ‘I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.’
8 Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

Seems like there are a whole bunch of if-then's included in your views of the fulfillments of the selected prophesies.

I have a feeling, when the second coming happens, it's going to very, very difficult to miss.

Interesting developments in the world seems to be compatible with what is prophesied to come before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
The prophecy of Joel talks about the Middle East after Israel has come back to her land.

Joel 2

30 “And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.

Could that be a description of a nuclear blast?

When a nuclear device is exploded, a large fireball is created. Everything inside of this fireball vaporizes, including soil and water, and is carried upwards. This creates the mushroom cloud that we associate with a nuclear blast, detonation, or explosion. Radioactive material from the nuclear device mixes with the vaporized material in the mushroom cloud. As this vaporized radioactive material cools, it becomes condensed and forms particles, such as dust. The condensed radioactive material then falls back to the earth; this is what is known as fallout.

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/radiation/emergencies/nuclearfaq.htm

The sun turned into darkness refers to a, “nuclear autumn?” A “nuclear winter?”

Nuclear winter is a severe and prolonged global climatic cooling effect that is hypothesized[1][2] to occur after widespread firestorms following a large-scale nuclear war.[3] The hypothesis is based on the fact that such fires can inject soot into the stratosphere, where it can block some direct sunlight from reaching the surface of the Earth. It is speculated that the resulting cooling would lead to widespread crop failure and famine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter
We're doomed and that's all there is to it. What's for dinner?

Lol - seems you're getting yourself all triggered again. :ROFLMAO: I suppose, any referral to the Second Coming will do that to you!

Any comment about the prophecies at all which are supposed to happen BEFORE the Second Coming?

Biblical Prophecies and what's happening around the world (which include Climate Change) - these are the issue of this topic, you know.
"I'm not talking about the Second Coming, I'm only referring to the Second Coming." *L*

Yeah. Some non-believers here! And, nothing underlying about it either. 🤷

That's why atheists who arrogantly try to debate on God topics - and who seems to be following and hanging on to every posts about God -
are bothered by what they read. The very idea that someone is talking about God, bothers them. :)

On the contrary, the arrogance only serves to show a pathetic ignorance of the concept of the Biblical God........which gives a humorous
visual of an ant raising its fist at Godzilla! And knowing how the ant must feel when it sees a foot about to come down.

Arrogance only highlights the ignorance it comes with.....................and that......................they're bothered by the subject of the Abrahamic GOD!

The question though, still remains: why would it bother you if you are convinced God doesn't exists?

If there is anyone who is "bothered", it is the person who takes the time to complain about those who are simply engaging in an online debate pointing out the huge holes in YOUR "concept" of the supposed presence and supposed attributes of their particular "God". I have no idea why you get so triggered by these inputs that that you engage in yet another one of your spastic rants that always includes generalized ad hom towards others. Please calm down and try to address the subject at hand instead of always concentrating on criticizing others simply because they do not agree with you.

Seems like there are a whole bunch of if-then's included in your views of the fulfillments of the selected prophesies.

I have a feeling, when the second coming happens, it's going to very, very difficult to miss.

There's no Second Coming. There was no "Resurrection". Get over it. It's all myth.

Freak-out.
Triggered

Arrogantly.
Posturing arrogance.
Pathetic ignorance.

So why is it that you can’t seem to make even a single post without inserting ad hom insults towards your chat opponents? What exactly does that add to the topic at hand? Answer: nothing. Why are you unable to stick strictly to the topic? Why can you not seem to make your point without the insults? It shows a weakness on YOUR part, not that of others.

The bible is just silly.
Yes, I believe in a silly Bible.

But it so happens to be our only record of Jesus Christ.

I don't draw complete conclusions as to what He was, but he did die on the cross, rise from the dead and Ascend into Heaven.

So He lives today.

Not hard to comprehend, if you do your research.

I don't draw complete conclusions as to what He was, but he did die on the cross, rise from the dead and Ascend into Heaven.

So He lives today.

I did, prove to me that a dead person came back to life.

The bible is just silly.
The Bible isn't silly, what's silly is how people believe it.

It's an historical and philosophical book don't expect it to be perfect.

So He lives today.

Myth.

Back
Top Bottom