• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: #839] Bad news: possible 10 foot sea rise within a decade

Think I am wrong? Then show me some peer-reviewed and published studies that say as you do. I know for a fact that you can't.

He didn't.

LOL and here's Al Gore telling everyone that the exact same thing was gonna happen back in 2009. It seems the eco grifters say the exact same things every few years and the braindead people panic over their lies.

Al Gore is not a climate scientist. Stop pretending he is. Nevertheless, the reality of AGW is all around us.

He didn't.
I had, but you did not see it.
Post #688
Radiative Energy Flux Variation from 2001–2020
The declining TOA SW (out) is the major heating cause (+1.42 W/m2 from 2001 to 2020).
It is almost compensated by the growing chilling TOA LW (out) (−1.1 W/m2).
The CO2 level increased and the outgoing LW also increased,
If added CO2 is supposed to block additional LW radiation from leaving, why is it not happening?
If as Buzz suggests, the increase in outgoing LW is from a warmer Earth radiating more, then we have crossed
as threshold where added CO2 can add any additional warming!

Al Gore is not a climate scientist. Stop pretending he is. Nevertheless, the reality of AGW is all around us.
LOL OK, so tell me the name of the climate scientist you worship then. Go on.

I had, but you did not see it.
Post #688
Radiative Energy Flux Variation from 2001–2020

The CO2 level increased and the outgoing LW also increased,
If added CO2 is supposed to block additional LW radiation from leaving, why is it not happening?
If as Buzz suggests, the increase in outgoing LW is from a warmer Earth radiating more, then we have crossed
as threshold where added CO2 can add any additional warming!
More BS!

Longview needs to learn and understand that increasing CO2 can block outgoing LW radiation at the same time that increasing temperatures increase the amount of outgoing LW radiation. I don't know why he thinks only one can happen at a time.

More BS!

Longview needs to learn and understand that increasing CO2 can block outgoing LW radiation at the same time that increasing temperatures increase the amount of outgoing LW radiation. I don't know why he thinks only one can happen at a time.
Buzz, you need to understand that as long as the amount of energy blocked by CO2 is greater than the
amount amount of outgoing LW radiation CO2 will cause warming.
If the amount of energy blocked by CO2 becomes less than the amount of outgoing LW radiation,
then CO2 is no longer a warming agent.

Buzz, you need to understand that as long as the amount of energy blocked by CO2 is greater than the
amount amount of outgoing LW radiation CO2 will cause warming.
If the amount of energy blocked by CO2 becomes less than the amount of outgoing LW radiation,
then CO2 is no longer a warming agent.
:ROFLMAO:

That is just stupid.

Sorry, long... but just because the increasing OGLW from temperature increase can overcome the ability of CO2 to block OGLW doesn't mean that CO2 is no longer a warming agent.

LOL OK, so tell me the name of the climate scientist you worship then. Go on.

I don't worship scientists. I simply trust expertise. At least I don't worship the orange fascist or Nazis on Fox

Chris Hayes had a segment - don't have a link - with a reporter about cracks being found in part of the arctic indicating that a section of ice looks like it will crack into the ocean within 5 years; it is holding back a glacier the size of Florida which will then have nothing keeping it from going into the sea, which would raise sea levels 10 feet. Minor sea water temperature increases from climate change of 1-2 degrees are expected to cause that to happen.

Is our culture and are our politics that broken - ours and other countries' - that we can't take the right actions? Never in the history of the world has a society knowingly done this to the planet.
Poor Craig,
You're obviously not hip to the Latest Liberal Science !
We don't have a Decade! We only have 9 more years.....

P.S. If you want to talk about Climate Change , is what you Really need to talk about is Human Population reduction....

Establishment claim is about 1 degree F in 100 years. Not 2 degrees F in 10 years.

Bullshit.

You need to stop calling me a liar. That's your department.
I didn't call you a liar. I said you lied. There is a difference.

And I have provided proof that I have shown you to be wrong many times. But you can't cite even one instance of where you have proven me wrong on anything.

And I have provided proof that I have shown you to be wrong many times. But you can't cite even one instance of where you have proven me wrong on anything.
You’d think at some point a light bulb might go on…. But no.

The power of wingnut indoctrination is strong.

Yeah... that's no shit.

As many times as I have just completely embarrassed him one would think he would get a clue and stop.

Like the recent episode where he claimed that a 70F weather anomaly in the Antarctic was caused by the urban heat island effect. That was just hilarious. And he thinks I have never proven him wrong.

The persistent delusion with these folks is fascinating. It’s like taking a practical lab course in abnormal psychology.

And it’s been persisting for YEARS. Crazy.

Bullshit.
Bullshit.

Is English your second language?

Words have meaning. You seem to think they mean what ever you want them to.

You’d think at some point a light bulb might go on…. But no.

The power of wingnut indoctrination is strong.
Your bulb never goes on as you have a burnt out filament.

Yeah... that's no shit.

As many times as I have just completely embarrassed him one would think he would get a clue and stop.

Like the recent episode where he claimed that a 70F weather anomaly in the Antarctic was caused by the urban heat island effect. That was just hilarious. And he thinks I have never proven him wrong.

You see, there you go again. Misinterpreting what is said.

First, in that link, I corrected that it was only 65F and not 70F like some news accounts are reporting. I looked at and linked the actual data. It was only 65F.

How can you be so uneducated as to think my words "My current assumption is it was skewed because...." is claiming it was in fact because of the urban heat island effect. On top of that, I never called the effect as being "urban."

My God man. You keep proving to us how badly you understand this material, yet you claim to know more than I.

Seriously? An assumption is just that. I never stated it as the cause. How can you be so blind?

Do you like providing this misinformation constantly, showing how inept you are on the topic?

The persistent delusion with these folks is fascinating. It’s like taking a practical lab course in abnormal psychology.

And it’s been persisting for YEARS. Crazy.
And for you to believe his misconceptions, speaks volumes about how you are no better then he is.

Bullshit.
It is not BS. And the vast majority of people agree with me including the moderators of this forum. If it was the same then, with all the lies coming from you climate denialists, I would have been banned long ago due to all the times I have pointed out your lies.
Bullshit.

Is English your second language?

Words have meaning. You seem to think they mean what ever you want them to.
Blah, blah, blah.... words have meaning... blah, blah, blah...

Whatever dude.

Back
Top Bottom