• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:62]Mississippi senator, whose runoff opponent is black, jokes about 'public hanging'

I'm not the one conflating anything. You are, and for cheap political purposes. Her reference was to a public hanging; the left's hyenas are responsible for the conflation with lynching. Public hangings took place across the US far and wide, not just (or even mostly) in the South. The last US public hanging was in the 1930's.

Oh yeah, google when the last public hanging that Cindy Hyde-Smith witnessed was.

Oh yeah, google when the last public hanging that Cindy Hyde-Smith witnessed was.

Doesn't matter in the slightest. The phrase remains in the language long after the practical circumstance has passed into history. Much like: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

Doesn't matter in the slightest. The phrase remains in the language long after the practical circumstance has passed into history. Much like: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

She probably learned it in school- she went to a ‘segregation academy’ formed at the time so she wouldn’t have to go to school with all those black kids with lynched relatives.

Redirect Notice

But that was a long time ago.

But... she sent her daughter to the same school.

She probably learned it in school- she went to a ‘segregation academy’ formed at the time so she wouldn’t have to go to school with all those black kids with lynched relatives.

Redirect Notice

So what?

Redirect Notice

Yikes.

This hanging comment alone might not have been much. But the school and confederate stuff, painful.

Yes. It is. She is only culpable of being a target of lefty hyenas.

Whether or not it is meaningless is purely subjective. I'm sure her going to this school, her remarks on the confederate, and hanging comment has meaning to some.

Whether or not it is meaningless is purely subjective. I'm sure her going to this school, her remarks on the confederate, and hanging comment has meaning to some.

They only have "meaning" to those who would never support her in any case.

They only have "meaning" to those who would never support her in any case.

More than likely she was motivating voters who might have thought a woman was not quite up to the job of being "one of them." But, feel free to look for the dumbest denominator.

Nothing presented has demonstrated "racist tendencies."

True.

Alluding to a lynching in Mississippi and being devoted to a segregationist school with a mascot holding a confederate flag is not racist.

It’s just totally normal in your world.

Where is this despicable getting funding from? Some sponsors have dropped her, but others have not. Yet

True.

Alluding to a lynching in Mississippi and being devoted to a segregationist school with a mascot holding a confederate flag is not racist.

It’s just totally normal in your world.

1. A public hanging is not a lynching.
2. The school is no longer segregated.
3. Confederate flag mascots are common throughout the South, including the University of Mississippi.

1. A public hanging is not a lynching.
2. The school is no longer segregated.
3. Confederate flag mascots are common throughout the South, including the University of Mississippi.

1. It has for the last 70 years in Mississippi

2. Thanks, civil rights! I bet she wishes it still was tho.

3. People who revere traitors aren’t fit for Congress.

1. It has for the last 70 years in Mississippi

2. Thanks, civil rights! I bet she wishes it still was tho.

3. People who revere traitors aren’t fit for Congress.

From Lincoln's second inaugural address:

[h=1]“We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.”[/h]

From Lincoln's second inaugural address:

[h=1]“We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.”[/h]

Some people just are wistful for slavery and white supremacy.

I guess they’re cool in your book.

Some people just are wistful for slavery and white supremacy.

I guess they’re cool in your book.

This is what you get from a quote from Lincoln's second inaugural address?

No- I get it from understanding the last 150 years of US history.

Oh, I see. "Understanding...history" has shown you that "Some people just are wistful for slavery and white supremacy." Alrighty then.

Back
Top Bottom