• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:425] Why Do the Woke Seek to Shut Down Talk About Ideas They Dislike?

It's more pervasive than what can be passed off as Antifa and BLM. And, yes, they are modern day Brown Shirts being given credibility for some reason, instead of being turned out on their rear ends and removed from college and such.
It's because they are useful I think that's the reason why they are created and funded. This isn't grassroots.

Nobody is demanding our government to do anything about it. Florida made it legal to run him over but they don't protest in Florida they don't dare. They need to save Haven like Portland or New York or a place that they can just overwhelm local and State authority.

If this was during the Red scare there would have been military pointing guns at them.

They also don't have the fortitude to really stand up for what they believe. Remember the Second Amendment protest in Virginia antifa was there. They were on their best behavior because they didn't want to get shot.

and you failed to answer that question.
you would have a point if this was 1874.
again you're talking about historically. You would have a point if this was 1874.

You give me a rather shotty history lesson on the subject of current events.

Something founded a century and a half ago is probably a lot different now than it was a century and a half ago.

Time is linear you have to deal with that
You are arguing about my response which cited a 320p book.....which you have not read or listened to, you are arguing from a point of ignorance. The SBC did not end in 1874, the issues of racism by that ORGANIZATION did end in 1874, I have no idea why you think that date has any significance in this discussion. It was never my intention to give you the complete history of the SBC, I provided you a resource, you can do with it as you want.....but the point remains, they are but one "christian org" that has/is practicing "anti-black" actions.

If they resort to intimidation, threat of violence, or actual violence to get their way then it would be something like domestic terrorism.
Haven't those things already occurred?

Video shows Trump supporter beating up man who allegedly ...

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/trump-supporters-beat-up-man/
Video shows Trump supporter beating up man who allegedly said 'f*ck Trump' 'I have kids in the f*cking car, motherf*cker,' says the Trump supporter trying to police the other man's language.

Trump Supporter Beaten By Leftists - YouTube

We should be reluctant to condemn the left for riots because we all remember the Romney riots. Oh, wait...—Available now: https://www.dineshdsouza.com/social...

VIDEO: Police Helping Trampled Trump Supporter Beaten by ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/jan...olice-dragged-beaten-with-weapons-2021-7?op=1
New January 6 bodycam videos show police trying to help a trampled Trump supporter being brutally beaten with flagpoles and batons by mob. Tom Porter. 2021-07-11T10:54:11Z

Trump Supporter Beaten in Fall River - YouTube

Fall River Police arrested a man for assaulting an 82 year-old man holding a Donald Trump sign.

Leftists Violently Attack Trump Supporters In Nation's ...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/left...rters-in-nations-capital-following-maga-march
Left-wing extremists identified by journalists as being Black Lives Matter and Antifa violently attacked Trump supporters who were in Washington, D.C., on Saturday at a rally showing their support for President Donald Trump. Videos posted online showed Trump supporters being sucker punched, kicked, shoved, and having their property stolen from ...

Trump Supporters in Oregon Chase Down, Beat BLM Protesters

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/08/trum...e-down-blm-protesters-beat-proud-boys-arrest/
At least 2 President Trump supporters -- and members of the far-right group Proud Boys -- were busted after chasing down and beating BLM protesters in Oregon. The incidents went down Monday in the ...

Trump supporter beaten on West Side explains why he didn't ...

https://abc7chicago.com/cellphone-video-attack-man-attacked-trump-chicago/1607016/
A Donald Trump supporter who was beaten by a mob of teenagers in a Chicago intersection said he didn't fight back for a reason. ... The video of the beating was seen by millions around the world ...

Trump supporter attacked man holding 'Biden beat Bozo ...

https://www.politicsvideochannel.com/trump-supporter-attacked-man-holding-biden-beat-bozo-sign/
A Pennsylvania Trump supporter has been charged with multiple misdemeanors TribLive reports.that Trump supporter Michael Robert Atwood, 38, has been charged by Allegheny Township police with misdemeanor charges of simple assault and related charges for allegedly assaulting retired social worker Frank Ashbaugh, 69, who was staging a one-man anti-Trump protest at a grassy intersection

Well they are trying to consider people domestic terrorists for things they say.

And some of the things people say that would make them considered domestic terrorists is skepticism in the vaccine skepticism of the election. Basically any descent voiced against the thoughts you are supposed to have mean you're An enemy of the State.

That's exactly what now say done did that's exactly what Adolf Hitler did that's exactly what Mussolini did
Agreed. It's the return of the 'Brown Shirts'.

You are arguing about my response which cited a 320p book.....which you have not read or listened to, you are arguing from a point of ignorance.
I'm not here for book club if you want to discuss literature there's actually a sub forum for that.

The SBC did not end in 1874, the issues of racism by that ORGANIZATION did end in 1874, I have no idea why you think that date has any significance in this discussion.
But it wasn't founded 50 years ago you're conflating people from 150 years ago with people of today.

I don't believe in generational guilt so you're not going to get anywhere with that nonsense.

It was never my intention to give you the complete history of the SBC, I provided you a resource, you can do with it as you want.....
I'm not interested in being in your book club maybe start a thread in the appropriate form if you want to yak about literature. I prefer science fiction.
but the point remains, they are but one "christian org" that has/is practicing "anti-black" actions.
you have not established that and again I'm not in your book club so I'm not reading your book.

If you can only talk to people about your book that you read that is book club not a political debate.

Show me doctrine or practices that they do today that are racist if all you can do is say my book my book my book again I'm not in your book club and I'm not reading it. If you want to discuss literature go to the appropriate forum.

Agreed. It's the return of the 'Brown Shirts'.
They're not at the gate, they breached the gate years ago. They have been whispering in your children's ears for 20 years.

Antifa and BLM are products of that.

I just knew bring up a BOOK documenting racism within the largest Baptist church in the US would cause all sorts of push-back.

Rather ironic in a thread about "shutting down ideas".

All the more reason that the push back in the school board rooms is as significantly important as it is, more so than what leftists and the 'news' (political propaganda) media (but I needlessly repeat myself) is making them out to be.

I just knew bring up a BOOK documenting racism within the largest Baptist church in the US would cause all sorts of push-back.

Since you have the book it is up to you to provide the verifiable evidence in the book that shows most Christians are anti-black racist. You are free to post whatever evidence you found in that book that led you to believe most Christians today are racist? Post it and stop pretending people here are trying to block the ideas in the book. Perhaps you will find that the arguments in that book are not nearly as compelling as you seem to believe? Give it a shot.

Since you have the book it is up to you to provide the verifiable evidence in the book that shows most Christians are anti-black racist
Again, goal post move.

the point was:

Where do you get the idea that Christian organizations are anti-black.

I gave one example of a "C O" that was/is.

Deal with it.

And don't try to move the goal posts to "all" or "most". That was not the context.

So clever, being up a book nobody has read and then tell them they can't discuss anything without reading the book.
nobody is shutting down your ideas. If there's required reading to have a discussion with you then you're too tedious to talk to.

Since you have the book it is up to you to provide the verifiable evidence in the book that shows most Christians are anti-black racist. You are free to post whatever evidence you found in that book that led you to believe most Christians today are racist? Post it and stop pretending people here are trying to block the ideas in the book. Perhaps you will find that the arguments in that book are not nearly as compelling as you seem to believe? Give it a shot.
No you're supposed to have read it already in order to talk about a subject.

Again, goal post move.

the point was:

I gave one example of a "C O" that was/is.

Deal with it.[/QUOTE] No you haven't. You've posted a link to a book. A book I haven't read. By an author I haven't vetted. That isn't an example it isn't even an argument.

Did you even read the book? If so how have you not gained any ability to reason for your position outside of "Duh read the book."?
And don't try to move the goal posts to "all" or "most". That was not the context.
you didn't establish any you just name dropped.

So if it's written in a book you think it's true?

Avoid Mein Kompf
Methinks Gimmesometruth cannot handle the truth and gets his ideas from books whose ideas he already believed, but never took the time and energy to personally vet. If confirmation bias is his modus operandi he'll likely enjoy reading "White Fragility" by Robin D'Angelo, PhD. It likely is as reliable a source of misinformation as other books he has read but never got around to vetting. https://www.robindiangelo.com/publications/

Methinks Gimmesometruth cannot handle the truth and gets his ideas from books whose ideas he already believed, but never took the time and energy to personally vet. If confirmation bias is his modus operandi he'll likely enjoy reading "White Fragility" by Robin D'Angelo, PhD. It likely is as reliable a source of misinformation as other books he has read but never got around to vetting. https://www.robindiangelo.com/publications/
I'm not sure he read the book or understood it.

Some people believe anything they read out of books

No you haven't.
Yes, I did.

You've posted a link to a book. A book I haven't read. By an author I haven't vetted. That isn't an example it isn't even an argument.
Since the point, again, was "Where do you get the idea that Christian organizations are anti-black.", my citing the book is my establishing WHERE I got "the idea". That was all I was required to answer.
Did you even read the book?
Yes.
If so how have you not gained any ability to reason for your position outside of "Duh read the book."?
The only thing that was required in your quire was WHERE I got "the idea". I have clearly established WHERE.
you didn't establish any you just name dropped.
That was all that I had to do to satisfy the question:

So if it's written in a book you think it's true?
Which book are you talking about now?

Avoid Mein Kompf
It's actually "Mein Kampf", and I have read sections, but I prefer Ian Kershaw's work.

I'm not sure he read the book or understood it.
So far Gimmesometruth has given us no reason to question your hypothesis.
Some people believe anything they read out of books
Do tell. I happen to be an expert in nutrition science, clinical nutrition, and nutrition quackery and food faddism. Sadly, I have observed many very intelligent people (including many MDs) who have bought into what is obvious pseudoscientific mumbo jumbo to me.

When people understand little about science, history, and are not good at critically assessing evidence, they are all too easily duped into putting their faith in con artists, quacks, politicians, ideologues, journalists, etc.. Apparently it is far easier to believe than it is to understand what is and is not most likely to be real or fake.

The above is a deflection, aka a copout.
I told you to try google, mentioned social media, and other platforms by name that are seeking to silence.

If you don't want to put in the work, why should I?
You mean this? "Google it, ... the woke, the cancel culture, the busy bodies are meddling and getting people fired in their workplace. Getting people, including our last POTUS removed from social media.. Where have you been?

I know the meaning for social media, woke, cancel culture, busybodies, meddling, fired, and removed. I know why Trump was removed from some social media. None of these address the statements you made.

How about some real examples from real places and some links to indicate your accusations are actually happening. You haven't put in any work on this at all. All you have done is make sweeping accusations that you can't back up with real events.

"there are those who are always trying to nanny, correct, attempt to silence others they strongly hold in contempt solely based on their individuality." Show some links to show who those people are and what they are doing

"Look at this forum and other social venues and cable shows for more examples." What cable shows, what social venues, examples of what? Repressing your speech?

"Some want people sent to camps to reeducate them because they don't like the way they think or the way they vote or how they raise their children." Some? Some who? Surely there is a new article about people sending others to re-education camps.

Some don't even like their religious beliefs and want to intrude on their first amendment rights to boot. Who is doing this intruding on religious denominations rights? This sounds pretty important. Where is the link to the news article?

"And don't get me started on the gun banners who think the public has TOO many weapons..." My family is deep into gun collecting, high level competitive shooting, hunting, hand loading, bullet making, and Saturday afternoon plinking. Nobody is much bothered by gun "banners". But go ahead post a link showing how much these banners have curtailed gun ownership and recreational shooting.

"Lots of speech cops in our society today... They are everywhere and permeate the current culture to the point of constant division."
Links?

"IMO, these control freaks fear ideas that are not of their own political persuasion."What control freaks? Link?

" They want to raise yours, the collectives' children, berating parents for their God given/natural protected right to raise their children absent neglect or abuse. It never ends with today's woke culture." They? Examples of these "they" who want to raise my children.

"There are plenty of people besides the two you mentioned who have been silenced," OK name them

"cancelled by the indoctrinated illiberal and blamed for the violence that ensued as a result of their speaking engagements." Name them and give links to who was making the accusations.

"Whatever happened to I might not like what you have to say but I'll defend your right to say it?" I've never seen a conservative post something like that but I'm willing to look at your examples.

"There are very few truly liberal thinkers left...I" Be glad to give you example and links if you are interested.

Last edited: Today at 1:06 PM

ESPN fires Rachel Nichols for daring to question the "social justice" ideology that the corporate zealots or perhaps guilt ridden "fragile privileged" white owners. Another example of the pathetic kowtowing of America's elitists to "social justice ideology". More here:

ESPN fires Rachel Nichols for daring to question the "social justice" ideology that the corporate zealots or perhaps guilt ridden "fragile privileged" white owners. Another example of the pathetic kowtowing of America's elitists to "social justice ideology". More here:

Daring to question, much less challenge, leftist ideology is not permitted.
An example of cultural Marxism? Ideological Marxism?

We have seen the damage to America's middle class and small businesses caused by the corrupt cronyism, but now we see the same billionaires and "woke" corporate leaders are now lobbying the Biden administration demanding it get rid of those punitive China tariffs placed on them by Trump. They want Biden to resume trade negotiations with dictator XI and his CCP. Will Biden sell out Americans and cater to the CCP? Well apparently the BlackRock’s research arm thinks so as it is now telling its rich investors to markedly increase their exposure to the Chinese comp[anies that all must cater to the whims of their dear leader Xi. As bad as the corrupt corporate cronyism has been for America's middle class and small businesses this new "woke crony capitalism" will be enriching America's #1 enemy while at the same time undermining the US economy.

“The retirement savings of millions of Americans currently finance Beijing’s military modernization and support Chinese companies that are complicit in genocide and other crimes against humanity. Even as Beijing was systematically expelling foreign journalists from China and making the country’s investment climate increasingly opaque, stock index providers such as FTSE Russell and MSCI continued to add Chinese companies to their indexes, sometimes under pressure from Beijing. Because many American funds benchmark their investments to those same indexes, billions of U.S. dollars automatically flow to Chinese companies, including those that Washington has sanctioned or subjected to export controls.”

This issue is so systemic that until the Trump administration forbade it, the retirement funds of federal employees were being funneled into malevolent Chinese companies as well." Former Trump administration Deputy National Security Advisor Matt Pottinger More here:

Back
Top Bottom