• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:425] Why Do the Woke Seek to Shut Down Talk About Ideas They Dislike?

Exactly correct. The progressive left seems to be based on cult-like devotion to a failed Marxist-style ideology. As I said in my first post the mindset of the "woke" American Marxists and the "clear" Scientologist appears to be the result of brainwashing and faith and not the result of credible verifiable evidence and logic. People in religious cults and this political cult seem to hate civil debate about their ideology.

What concerns me about people driven by faith in irrational ideas is they will seek to silence (by any means necessary eventually) anyone who dares question their ideology. Am I wrong to see these "woke folks" as an existential threat to individual liberty and the principles and values that helped make American the greatest country in many ways in history. It is amazing to see the progressive left zealots ignore the damage the Biden Administration is doing to this country. How can they be so blind to not see his obvious failures at controlling the US borders or the withdrawal from Afghanistan? These folks will destroy this country just as others who "think" like them and have believed the siren call of Marxism have down to other countries.
Are you willing to admit there was/is a "cult-like" devotion to twice impeached, one term RINO POTUS Donald J. Trump, who violated America's long standing policy of not negotiating with terrorists like RINO Trump did with the Taliban? And about those "principles and values that helped America great." Any problem in your worldview with the RINO POTUS bragging about grabbing women's private parts, or the fact he is a serial adulterer, as well as trying to have his own daughter ,Tiffany, aborted?

Last edited:
Are you willing to admit there was/is a "cult-like" devotion to twice impeached, one term RINO POTUS Donald J. Trump, who violated America's long standing policy of not negotiating with terrorists like RINO Trump did with the Taliban? And about those "principles and values that helped America great." Any problem in your worldview with the RINO POTUS bragging about grabbing women's private parts, or the fact he is a serial adulterer, as well as trying to have his own daughter ,Tiffany, aborted?
Well it is clear Trump and Biden both negotiated with the Taliban. The difference is when Trump did the terrorist attacks against Americans in Afghanistan stopped. When Biden did it they started up again.

Trump is not a RINO. The difference between Trump and say Bill Clinton is that as far as we know Trump never sexually assaulted them like Bill Clinton apparently did. I judge Presidents by their policies and how they impact other Americans. I like most of Trump's policies and I dislike most of Biden's. Perhaps you can tell us how Biden's policies are better for middle class and working class Americans than Trump's were?

Well it is clear Trump and Biden both negotiated with the Taliban. The difference is when Trump did the terrorist attacks against Americans in Afghanistan stopped. When Biden did it they started up again.

Trump is not a RINO. The difference between Trump and say Bill Clinton is that as far as we know Trump never sexually assaulted them like Bill Clinton apparently did. I judge Presidents by their policies and how they impact other Americans. I like most of Trump's policies and I dislike most of Biden's. Perhaps you can tell us how Biden's policies are better for middle class and working class Americans than Trump's were?
/// Trump is not a RINO /// <----- :ROFLMAO:...../// As far as we know Trump never sexually assaulted them.../// <----- :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

/// Trump is not a RINO /// <----- :ROFLMAO:...../// As far as we know Trump never sexually assaulted them.../// <----- :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Looks like the retort of someone who has not credible evidence or logic to fashion a cogent rebuttal.

Why do our "woke" Republican state legislatures ban all school discussions of Critical Race Theory?
There are good reasons to stop they way they want to teach it. First it needs to have the context of Marxism from where it originates. Then it would have to be taught as part of historical political/cultural ideology, and not as indoctrination of the young. It should be taught in grade school.

The woke have no interest in civil debate and seek to silence or cancel anyone who has ever said anything that they find offensive. This is cancel culture and stands on marked contrast to individual liberty and free speech:

The woke have no interest in civil debate and seek to silence or cancel anyone who has ever said anything that they find offensive. This is cancel culture and stands on marked contrast to individual liberty and free speech:

All the things you cite are the epitome of free speech and persuasion. There is no government oppression or use of violence.

All the things you cite are the epitome of free speech and persuasion. There is no government oppression or use of violence.
The OP asks "Why Do the Woke Seek to Shut Down Talk About Ideas They Dislike?"

So you support the woke folks who demanded these 3 guys deserved to lose their jobs because ideas were expressed some woke folks disliked? So much for the claim the woke are tolerant of ideas that conflict with their ideology. You believe their "offenses" warranted them being fired then? How would this DP forum work if anyone who expressed an idea the woke folks did not like would be permanently banned?

The OP asks "Why Do the Woke Seek to Shut Down Talk About Ideas They Dislike?"

So you support the woke folks who demanded these 3 guys deserved to lose their jobs because ideas were expressed some woke folks disliked? So much for the claim the woke are tolerant of ideas that conflict with their ideology. You believe their "offenses" warranted them being fired then? How would this DP forum work if anyone who expressed an idea the woke folks did not like would be permanently banned?
I support free speech and if people offend the community then they should think again. It has always been that way. Think of Lennie Bruce.

I support free speech and if people offend the community then they should think again. It has always been that way. Think of Lennie Bruce.
Well Lennie Bruce was a big fan of four letter words and by any measure said things publicly routinely that were far more offensive than the 3 guys in that video I who got cancelled or lost their jobs due to today's far more PC culture. It is not like Lennie was not warned repeatedly that he was being extremely offensive. Jerry Seinfeld stopped ding comedy on college campuses because of the growing PC intolerance of jokes. Here's some quotes from Lennie Bruce.

Back
Top Bottom