• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:28] Wealth Tax, good idea?

So do you support the rich paying their fair share of taxes?

• Yes, the rich should pay their fair share

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • No, the rich should pay less taxes

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 19 32.8%

• Total voters
what is fair? each person paying the same amount period-that is one definition. I get one vote-why should I pay 1000X more than someone who also gets one vote

Or-if the top one percent make 20% of the income-they should pay 20% of the income tax-not 40% That also is a valid concept of fair

of course the wealthy will increase their wealth as long as investments make money
One answer is you want to live with people who are happy and content, and not next to people who’re desperate and wondering what you’d feel like on the other end of a pitchfork. Humans a resilient and programmed for survival.

Umm... no, but it is hilarious that you are apparently only against taxes on rich people.
I think representation without taxation is an awful concept. I think if you are able to vote for taxes to be increased, you should have to pay taxes. People who don't pay income taxes have no incentive to keep the tax rates down. If everyone faced higher taxes, every time the government engaged in more spending, the tenure of politicians who want to spend more would be far more limited. The entire purpose of a progressive income tax is to allow the pimps in office to buy the votes of the many by claiming only the rates of a few will go up. A sales tax is the best idea with a flat tax being the second choice.

One answer is you want to live with people who are happy and content, and not next to people who’re desperate and wondering what you’d feel like on the other end of a pitchfork. Humans a resilient and programmed for survival.
I call that bluff. After a few months, those who want to take the wealth of others would no longer exist. This bit of pay more taxes or face the mob is not a threat that bothers people like me.

A value added tax would help thin the useless middleman herd, and raise taxes on the wealthy.

A value added tax would help thin the useless middleman herd, and raise taxes on the wealthy.
why do you think the people who pay 40% of the income tax need to pay more?

That does not make a federal wealth (or property) tax constitutional.
It would be constitutional (nothing in the constitution dictates what type of taxation is allowed or disallowed), but it would be a direct tax and would have to be apportioned by state.

I call that bluff. After a few months, those who want to take the wealth of others would no longer exist. This bit of pay more taxes or face the mob is not a threat that bothers people like me.
Ready to fight it out for your stuff, eh? IMO, it’s a lot easier to not have to do that. Look—risk your life, your wife’s, your kids, your friends... and why? Even if you can, why would you want to?

Ready to fight it out for your stuff, eh? IMO, it’s a lot easier to not have to do that. Look—risk your life, your wife’s, your kids, your friends... and why? Even if you can, why would you want to?
Its gonna happen sooner or later, the way things are going.

I think representation without taxation is an awful concept. I think if you are able to vote for taxes to be increased, you should have to pay taxes. People who don't pay income taxes have no incentive to keep the tax rates down. If everyone faced higher taxes, every time the government engaged in more spending, the tenure of politicians who want to spend more would be far more limited. The entire purpose of a progressive income tax is to allow the pimps in office to buy the votes of the many by claiming only the rates of a few will go up. A sales tax is the best idea with a flat tax being the second choice.
Yet I bet you have no issue whatsoever with men passing laws that only affect a woman's uterus.

those millions not paying taxes is what causes much of the problems in this country.

Scapegoating, BS

Psssst... they don't pay "taxes" because they have little income and pay a disproportionate share for SS and Medicare withholding compared to you, as well as a disproportionate share of that small income on fuel-highway tax, retail sales tax, even a tax on food, mostly in ERW governed states.

Reading your ceaseless resentment of the have nots is certainly informing. How long were you in New Haven? No one at Yale influenced you to accept you cannot squeeze blood out of a stone?

High St., New Haven, Before the 1903 "expansion".

1614656605318.png

Top 1% Of U.S. Households Hold 15 Times More Wealth Than ...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...15-times-more-wealth-than-bottom-50-combined/
Oct 8, 2020According to the latest Fed data, the top 1% of Americans have a combined net worth of $34.2 trillion (or 30.4% of all household wealth in the U.S.), while the bottom 50% of the population holds ...

FedWealthDistInTrillions3rdQ2020.jpg

Minimum Wage - Women Employed
https://womenemployed.org/minimum-wage/
Contrary to popular conceptions, the majority of minimum wage earners are not teenagers. Roughly 80 percent are adults—almost two-thirds are women—and most are working to support their families.

Yet I bet you have no issue whatsoever with men passing laws that only affect a woman's uterus.
you'd be wrong-yet again. in fact being wrong is a common theme of your inane posts. You'd think by now you'd know I support legal abortion

Scapegoating, BS

Psssst... they don't pay "taxes" because they have little income and pay a disproportionate share for SS and Medicare withholding compared to you, as well as a disproportionate share of that small income on fuel-highway tax, retail sales tax, even a tax on food, mostly in ERW governed states.

Reading your ceaseless resentment of the have nots is certainly informing. How long were you in New Haven? No one at Yale influenced you to accept you cannot squeeze blood out of a stone?

Top 1% Of U.S. Households Hold 15 Times More Wealth Than ...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...15-times-more-wealth-than-bottom-50-combined/
Oct 8, 2020According to the latest Fed data, the top 1% of Americans have a combined net worth of $34.2 trillion (or 30.4% of all household wealth in the U.S.), while the bottom 50% of the population holds ...

View attachment 67320916

Minimum Wage - Women Employed
https://womenemployed.org/minimum-wage/
Contrary to popular conceptions, the majority of minimum wage earners are not teenagers. Roughly 80 percent are adults—almost two-thirds are women—and most are working to support their families.
Democrats subsidize poverty and anything the government subsidizes, increases

Because in a world where resources are cheap and plentiful, and can be easily obtained by a persons natural ability it makes sense that if you do “all that work” you should make “all that profit.” But in a world of less or scarce resources, including intelligence sometimes, where you’re getting rich by taking advantage of things like low wages at FOXCON, in order to profit heavily off of the people who are the consumers of your product. It doesn’t work without some kind of slavery.

you'd be wrong-yet again. in fact being wrong is a common theme of your inane posts. You'd think by now you'd know I support legal abortion
I see, so you just care more about money than you do about a woman's right to control her body.

Because in a world where resources are cheap and plentiful, and can be easily obtained by a persons natural ability it makes sense that if you do “all that work” you should make “all that profit.” But in a world of less or scarce resources, including intelligence sometimes, where you’re getting rich by taking advantage of things like low wages at FOXCON, in order to profit heavily off of the people who are the consumers of your product. It doesn’t work without some kind of slavery.
that's bullshit.

Nah, the good guys will win before that happens. Optimism. Also helps your neighbors feel good when they see you like that.
The good guys will be the ones defeating the parasites

Because 90% of what the government does is protect Wealthy people from Poor people.

Ask yourself how much of your wealth you'd be able to hold onto if the government disappeared. No more cops. No more military. The deed to your land? Throw it away. The title to your car? Burn it.
FDIC? Sorry, but good luck getting your money out of the bank. Oh, and even if you did? Who cares? It's just green paper now without a government to back it.

How are you going to go to work with nobody to guard your home?

I see, so you just care more about money than you do about a woman's right to control her body.
where do you come up with that crap? and while I support legal abortion-there would be a lot less of that if women exercised a bit more control over their bodies. I worked at PP when I was much younger. Lets be honest, the need for most abortions do not come from rape, incest or other similar actions.

Because 90% of what the government does is protect Wealthy people from Poor people.

Ask yourself how much of your wealth you'd be able to hold onto if the government disappeared. No more cops. No more military. The deed to your land? Throw it away. The title to your car? Burn it.
FDIC? Sorry, but good luck getting your money out of the bank. Oh, and even if you did? Who cares? It's just green paper now without a government to back it.

How are you going to go to work with nobody to guard your home?
what happened in feudal times. The rich lived in castles and the poor wallowed in shit.

You could elaborate... or look like you don’t have an answer. Your choice.
you assume those who are wealthy exploit others. that is class envious bullshit

where do you come up with that crap? and while I support legal abortion-there would be a lot less of that if women exercised a bit more control over their bodies. I worked at PP when I was much younger. Lets be honest, the need for most abortions do not come from rape, incest or other similar actions.
No, they come from poverty and an inability to access basic things like contraception and birth control. Things that would be even harder to pay for if you taxed them, and things that would be reduced if we insured they could get access to those things for free. Think about how much money we could save
on abortions, if we just made sure every woman could get access to birth control.

Back
Top Bottom